How to choose the automobile GPS navigator?Many of you, probably met, the built-in GPS navigators in expensive foreign cars. Though automobile GPS navigators are any more not an innovation, around the world the system practices use of these devices everyday life long ago.
These devices function due to continuous and free functioning of 24 satellites of system of global positioning of GPS. The signal is transmitted at an open frequency by which navigators determine by gps point coordinates with an accuracy of 3 - 5 meters.
Automobile GPS navigators allow to plan routes of trips optimum. For example, you appeared in others city and you need to reach a certain place, but how there to reach you do not know. By means of the automobile GPS navigator you will reach the planned purpose by the most optimum route.
Criteria of the choice of the automobile GPS navigator:
- Memory size. The more memories, the better. The detalizirovanny the card, the more memory it will demand. Special maps with support of automatic laying of a route big on volume. Therefore the extent of cartographical memory has to be not less than 64 MB.
- Automatic laying of a route (AutoRouting). This function allows to generate automatically a route from a point of the current location to the destination. A certain address, the city, the street, POI, etc. can act as a point of appointment. Function is supported only when loading in the navigator of special cards which contain more detailed information on characters of roads, outcomes, traffic signs.
- Existence of sound hints. The sound warning signals, inform the driver on the coming turn, a descent from a route or on arrival in the destination. In modern receivers sound signals are replaced with the voice hints reporting how many meters remained before turn or to a final point.
- Traveling points (Waypoints). The quantity of traveling points has to be not less than five hundred. The description of each point includes the name (it is recommended to enter not less than six symbols) and an icon for display on the card. The traveling point can be used as a final destination when calculating a route
- Points of interest (Points of Interest). Initially in memory several thousands of POI which include gas station, posts of traffic police, auto repair shops, shops, restaurants, hotels, entertainment centers, etc. are put. The library of points can be supplemented from branded CDs.
- Tracks (Tracks). It is the way passed by the user always automatically registers in memory of the receiver. The quantity of the kept points in a track has to be not less than 2000. In modern models this parameter is increased to 10 000. Some receivers allow to adjust the frequency of record of points, having chosen one of record period parameters: automatically, on time or on distance between the next points. In many Garmin receivers the original TrackBack function allowing the user to repeat the passable way in both directions
- Existence of the computer interface is realized. Despite self-sufficiency of automobile GPS - devices, it is necessary to provide their communication with the personal computer, by means of this interface you will be able to keep points, tracks, routes on the computer. It is also possible to load into the receivers of the card, a point, the routes kept earlier or received from other users of GPS - receivers.
- External power supply. Connection is usually carried out in the lighter socket. It is necessary to pay attention to existence in a set of the corresponding cables.
- Big screen. For the driver it is necessary to perceive accurately and quickly removed with GPS - receivers information. Therefore the sizes of the screen and the used fonts are especially important.
- External antenna. The antenna installed on a roof of the car provides better and reliable reception, allowing to define a position even in the dense wood or near high-rise buildings.
- Fastening. For safe driving and comfortable navigation of GPS - the receiver needs to be fixed reliably in inside of the car.]