Syndrome of scattered attention at children. What is it and as to fight against it?In modern psychology exist the term “syndrome of scattered attention“. What is meant by this concept? By what criteria reveal children with this syndrome? How it is correct to behave to parents in time to correct behavior? The syndrome of scattered attention is a medical diagnosis, but not a sentence yet!
Children with the Syndrome of scattered attention are often called “special children“. To understand whether “special“ you have a child, it is possible on the following signs:
1. The child cannot sit still, hyperactive.
2. The child does not finish any charged to him put, he somewhere hurries all the time.
3. Attention at the child scattered, he cannot concentrate on something one.
4. The child has speech frustration.
5. The child is fussy.
6. The child, in your opinion and according to people around, is too lazy.
If the provided characteristics coincide only in 1 - 2 points, you will be able to correct a situation independently if 5 - 6 characteristics coincide, you have a special child who needs your help and the help of the psychologist.
As a rule, such children do not get on well at school, they have an illegible handwriting, teachers characterize them as inattentive and restless. The main problem of special children is the problem of scattered attention. They are not able to concentrate. Reading and the letter give them an inconvenience therefore at school and houses they do not like to read and write even if to them to pick up books for age. Seeking to get rid of constant feeling of the discomfort connected with study they are discharged of performance of homeworks and can become reserved. As a rule, such children are not loved by teachers because they reduce them the general progress of a class, often skip lessons or distract the behavior other pupils.
Not a rarity and the fact that the special child has no friends among peers parents him “do not understand“, do not support, often abuse, and as a result - he forms the underestimated self-assessment. There are obsessions.
It is possible for such children and it is necessary to help. And the help first of all has to come from parents who love them, appreciate and understand. At modern Russian school psychologists (it is a pity, not everywhere they are) work and to reveal such children for the purpose of rendering psychological support to them - a professional task of the expert.
However the school psychologist can help, only skillfully interacting with the pupil`s family. If you have a special child - act, without postponing in a distant box. If you do not want to address the psychologist from desire to avoid sneers from other children to your child, try to build independently the line of the behavior, leaning on the following postulates:
1. If the child has obsessions, he is in a condition of alarm, try to talk to it about what disturbs him. The child has to learn to control himself.
2. Give to the child small house instructions on economy (depending on age). It is necessary to formulate the instructions briefly and accurately, to display on performance stages (on steps) - so that the child understood that to it it on a shoulder. For example, it should not tell the general phrase “well be prepared by tomorrow“. This request should be spread out to steps: make lessons - collect notebooks in a portfolio - wash up hands - have supper - clean teeth - turn off the light - go to bed.
If you have a special child, you need a lot of patience.
3. Surely you praise the child for each executed “overcoming“. Your task - to learn to motivate it on the correct acts by means of a praise. Also the praise will help the child to believe in itself, will raise his self-assessment.
4. Do not allow the child to postpone for later any affairs, it leads to a habit “to forget“ that he had to make and develops tendency to postponement of affairs.
5. If the child constantly “turns on the place“, it it is necessary gradually to accustom to sit quietly within 10 min. (Here you should control rigidly a situation, to begin from 1 minute and gradually to lead up “assiduity“ till 10 minutes). At some parents on such training leaves till 6 months.
6. It is necessary to accustom the child to observe a daily routine, it will develop in it will to discipline: to rise at the same time in the mornings and to go to bed, be engaged in interesting affairs during the day, to go to school, etc.
7. On performance of affairs, not really pleasant for it (for example, preparation of homework) psychologists recommend to apply “a method of privileges“ to strengthening of motivation of the child. For example, deprivation of game in the computer or viewing of the TV until lessons are made. Children often do not perceive oral remarks. Here it is important to parents to be able to insist on the and to accurately regulate time for performance of homeworks.
8. Look narrowly at the child attentively. Even special children have talents. You need to see talent of the child and was able to direct it on the necessary road. Here you will be helped by school clubs or sports sections.
9. In everything your personal example is important. If you like to read or be engaged in some hobby - your child will surely imitate you, and it can become “the general subject“ for house communication.
10. Special children become even more disturbing and scattered of - for the conflicts in a family. For example, mother is on the party of the special child, supports him, and the father - sneers at his “shortcomings“ and condemns the wife for support of the child who, in his opinion, “consciously feigns“, trying to obtain attention of mother. Or: one child in a family is flattered, held up as an example, and another - all the time is “sawn“ for laziness and lack of talent. The conflicts in a family can be the most different, and here reaction to them at special children - is typical.
At such children speech frustration - here already inevitably the address to experts can be observed. But the general rules stipulated above can also give you help in correlation of behavior of the child.
Psychologists will choose for your child special exercises for relaxation and control of its state, for development of ability to get rid of excessive tension (auto-trainings), and you can every day at dinner or a dinner to play game under the name “I am proud of myself today for the fact that...“. This game will help to unite a family, will become a push for communication of different generations of a family, will allow children and adults to tell about itself something interesting in an easy house situation, will lighten all mood, and to special children will raise also a self-assessment.