Why it is important to collect as much as possible information on the client?Information which you obtain from your clients can serve to you kind service. Its existence will never be superfluous and will allow you to improve quality of your work, to increase the number of sales, and also to deserve positive recommendations and to lift authority of firm.
Collection of information begins at a stage of establishment of contact with the client. As a rule, at this stage the main data come to light, namely without what it is impossible to carry out the transaction, for example it can be the name of the potential client and the interesting goods. Additional data differ from the main in the fact that their absence does not block a possibility of transaction, and their collecting is not necessary. However. For example, it is easier to optimize implementation of orders when you know: in what time the client, as a rule, prefers to accept goods when it is convenient to it to receive calls how to contact its accounts department or other divisions what goods interest him and for what purposes he is going to use it.
Information - the most powerful resource of modern business allowing the enterprises to develop and keep competitiveness. Data collection and processing about the client can conditionally be divided into several stages, given below.
1) Collecting the main information. As it was already described earlier: the main information on the client - that without which he cannot render services. Its receiving does not demand special efforts as the client himself reports about himself data which are necessary that it was served.
2) Collecting private information. It is data collection necessary for drawing up a portrait of the client, namely a sex, age, the preferred goods, convenient payment methods etc. Thus, you will understand who addresses at your service and whom you serve. Existence of such data helps to increase efficiency of work with the acting clients and to find ways of attraction of new.
3) Collection of information about activity of the client. we Will assume, you began to be engaged in new business - trade in firewood. It is the most probable that initial target audience will be the inhabited private sector. Collecting information on buyers of firewood, perhaps, you will find among the clients which uses them for a furnace kindling at restaurant. Thus, you have an opportunity to open for itself a new sales market where the public catering institutions using wood furnaces will be your consumer. Further, the list of your clients can be replenished with tourist bases, sanatoria and hotels. It is possible to draw a conclusion following: Constantly collecting information on activity of the client and on where he is going to use your product, you have an opportunity to expand client base and to specialize the activity under new sales markets.
4) Collecting contact information. Existence of contact information can never be superfluous. It is very important to fix not only a name and a phone number of the client, and it is as much as possible data on him: additional numbers, the address, e-mail, thus, communication becomes simpler and the chance to lose it decreases. Working in the B2B segment, it is desirable to collect information on all employees with whom you conducted negotiations: about directors, suppliers, engineers, the accountant it is etc. possible, having replaced the place of work, they will address you, as the supplier again.
5) Collecting analytical data. to understand the current situation in the market and to see possible ways of development, it is necessary to analyze the activity constantly. For example, fixation and the subsequent analysis of information on requests for rendering of services, requests for goods which are available and which are unavailable will provide you knowledge of real needs of the client and will give the chance to improve service. Also useful information can be obtained by means of oral and written and that is important, short questioning of clients.
The subsequent information processing allows to estimate efficiency of your work on customer acquisition, to increase quality of service, and also gives the soil for decision-making on business development.