Social readiness for school and game
we would like to devote This article to a subject of social readiness for school and games. Authors understand sufficient formation as social readiness emotionally - a strong-willed component and “affectedness“ of the child. You, probably, are surprised that the concepts “social readiness“ and “game“ are used in one context. However we will try to show you that they are inseparable.
The matter is that the teachers interrogated by us noted still the following tendencies.
First situation: children come to school, without having played enough. They bring toys in school and hardly refuse game activity during lessons, seek to include the peers and the teacher in this process. A problem is not that the child brings toys, and the fact that he cannot refuse them in favor of study. It concerns even the children prepared for school. Other problem, apparently, not having relations to game, is the expressed desire to be the first and only for the teacher. It is difficult to such children to be in collective, to follow the rules which are available in this collective. They want that they were always asked, caused to a board that the teacher was only for them. At the same time take offense at the fact that ask Vasya or Lena that Sasha was delivered by “four“, and to him nothing. Such children regard actions of the teacher as ignoring and not love to themselves. Houses complain that the teacher loves other children more, and him does not pay attention. This situation can cause unwillingness to go to school in general. The similar behavior at the children who were not attending kindergarten who prepared for school in private with the tutor or parents is most expressed.
In what business?
Many modern parents pay much attention to intellectual development of children, believing that the intelligence and existence of broad knowledge are guarantee of successful training at school. And good marks at school, in turn - the guarantor of successful work in the future. However intellectual readiness - not the only prerequisite of successful training. Also readiness for acceptance of a new social role - a role of the school student which assumes capture on itself important duties, ability to subordinate own desires to requirements of the teacher, the school program is very important. In other words, at the child it has to be created emotionally - strong-willed readiness.
But not all parents know that the strong-willed component is formed mainly in game.
Someone from you, dear parents, probably, will be surprised how game is connected with development of will. Many believe that game - waste of time and to you it is not necessary to pay it special attention. That time which the child spends on “children`s“ games, to borrow with more “useful“ affairs, for example, English or chess, ballroom dances or drawing is better. Parents are proud if the child in succession can be engaged several hours in so important, in their opinion, affairs. But often such child cannot independently choose game (we do not mean game intellectual, developing). And if chooses and will find workmates (for example when on a visit came familiar with children), then cannot play without the organizing help, draws attention of adults with aimless determination of questions or takes seat with children for the same computer.So than the games chosen by modern parents (aimed at the development of intelligence) differ in
from the games promoting formation emotionally - the strong-willed sphere? By the way, you, probably, are surprised that the last are games of the our childhood, the childhood of our parents and primogenitors:“ tag“, “hide-and-seek“, “Cowboys and Indians“ role-playing games (“daughters are mothers“, “war games“). Value “old-fashioned“, half-forgotten modern parents of games is very big! You judge.by
- in game originally show ability voluntarily, on own initiative to follow rules and laws. Where as there is not here an aspiration to subordinate an emotional rush to will. Remember how you in the childhood did not dare to leave the post, you are a frontier guard. Or not to give help to the patient when were a doctor. And classics! Stepped on line - start anew: rules are rules and they for all!
- In game memory develops. The child learns to remember and remember purposefully. Playing, he learns more new than when it is specially trained. Because he wants to learn and remember.
- in the course of game the imagination develops (children build houses of chairs, project and make of rocket boxes). Imagination - an important basis of creativity. We understand ability to create new in various areas of life as creativity. The child has an ability of the non-standard solution of tasks, an opportunity to look differently at the same problem. Ability to see in clouds of a figure of some animals, locks, landscapes, or to make of an old snag something very beautiful - is creativity. Creativity is also ability to sate, derive pleasure and satisfaction from work and life in general. by
- In game develop and will improve the new movements, motility develops. You represent how the child representing the hare jumping on a lawn should move?! In role-playing games children like to pour something or to pour - the accuracy of movements is formed. Some children like to repeat actions and the movements of favourite heroes and actors (dancers and the Spiderman, acrobats in circus and Batman) - ability to regulate and coordinate the movements develops. At the same time there is an opinion that motor dexterity indirectly influences intellectual development. by
- Thanks to game form children`s communities. Children learn to communicate with each other, including in the context of a certain activity, learn to agree and independently, without participation of adults, to resolve conflict situations, to think out games and rules, to exchange roles (“Now I am a teacher, tomorrow - you“). Children learn to play with each other, but not just on one territory. Observe how your children play in a sandbox: everyone separately digs a hole and something builds, or Roma digs, and Valya and Yulya cook pies from this sand, and then all together sit down “to have dinner“?
needs to be noted that at the children attending kindergarten, game is created better, than at those who do not go to kindergarten, especially it concerns the only children or if in a family, for example, two children, but between them a big age difference (more than 7 years). In kindergarten there are always companions for game. The house child or is deprived in general the game company, or the company appears, but is so rare that the relations for game do not manage to be created. It turns out so that children communicate with adults more often and what to do how to play with other children is not known.
Other situation when parents bring children into the leisure centers. And there time of the child is painted: now all ride from a hill, the clown will come then and will make laugh. Children play, but is dependent. If to gather these children, only already without clown, they often do not know what to do and how to play. Kindergarten teachers with whom authors have a talk before writing article, noted that game can collapse, and there is it step by step. Game begins to collapse when, for example, someone from children brings some electronic toy, and other children get in line to play, and usual games are thrown. It is the first stage. But here still there is a cast and rules. However then children come home and ask parents to buy the same toy. It is the second stage. And if parents agree and, besides, give it with themselves to the child in kindergarten, game collapse finally. Communication of children is reduced to discussion of the one who what stage passed etc.
What to do if you found out what the child is not able to play? Let`s make to you several recommendations.
If the child does not visit kindergarten, it is necessary to take care of that it had a company for games (it can be children of your acquaintances, for example). But do not think, please, that on it your participation comes to an end. The child needs to teach to be played. Begin with simple hide-and-seek, play with it, it is so pleasant to plunge happy minutes of the childhood and to worry these moments with your child! Remember what you liked to play and tell children about it.Play
“daughters there are mothers“ and stay in this game by the daughter. But be attentive, listen what is wanted by the child, do not substitute his desire for the. Respect rules which are introduced by the child. Be spontaneous and is sincere, however do not forget that the child - he, and the adult - you.we want to remind
In end to you that mental development includes three components: development is intellectual, emotional and physical (development of small and large motility). This development happens in different types of activity. But game has special value. It is the leading activity in the preschool period as answers features of mentality of the child and is most characteristic of it.