All meatless life? Vegetarianism in baby food of
exists many people adhering to vegetarianism Presently. At the same time mothers and fathers seek to attach to the image of food and children. But whether “the vegetable diet“ will do harm to a children`s organism?
the General principles
Vegetarianism (from the Latin word vegetarius - “vegetable“) is the power supply system based on restriction or a complete elimination from a diet of products of an animal origin. Besides, vegetarianism means formation of the certain way of life and thinking preaching the humane attitude towards all live (“live itself and let`s live another“).Various interpretation of the basic principle of vegetarianism led
to emergence of several systems of vegetarian food differing from each other.
- of Strict vegetarianism (veganism) - is included into a diet of adherents of this direction only food of a phytogenesis. Are excluded not only meat, eggs, fish, caviar, but also dairy products, and even medical
- Lactovegetarianism - dairy - the vegetable vegetarianism which received the name from the Latin word laktis - “milk“. Besides vegetable food dairy products enter a diet of lacto-vegetarians.
- of Ovolaktovegetarianstvo - dairy - yaichno - vegetable vegetarianism at which the vegetable food is combined with milk, dairy products and eggs.
Arguments of supporters of vegetarianism
Argument the first. the Way of life of the modern person is characterized by excessive consumption of animal food and a hypodynamia (insufficient physical activity) that causes “civilization diseases“ - obesity, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, etc. At the same time, vegetarians do not suffer from excess body weight, at them coronary heart disease and diabetes of the II type develops much less often. (At this disease of a cage of bodies and fabrics cease to react to the insulin produced by a pancreas, in blood glucose level increases. Diabetes of the II type usually develops after the 40th summer of people with an excess weight.)
Nobody argues on advantage of vegetables and fruit in our menu. The balanced balanced diet means a harmonious ratio in a diet of vegetable and animal food. At the same time the distortion both in one, and in other party, especially in food of children is harmful what it will be told below about.
Argument of the second. the Person - initially herbivorous being, and his organism is capable to process vegetable food with education of all of substances, necessary for activity.
It is the statement quite misleading. The structure of bodies and systems of a human body (first of all zheludochno - an intestinal path), and also nature of its exchange processes is pointed that the person takes the intermediate place between herbivorous and carnivores. That is biologically the person is omnivorous. Herbivores, for example cattle, have other structure zheludochno - an intestinal path is perfect. Their stomach consists of four chambers (the person has a single-chamber stomach, as well as at all carnivorous). Relative length of intestines of herbivores is more, than at the person. At the same time, some lines of a structure of intestines of the person and herbivorous are similar. For example, the worm-shaped shoot (appendix) reminds expanded part of a small intestine herbivorous at which, however, this expansion has considerably the big relative sizes. The special structure of a stomach of herbivores provides existence in one of its chambers which is called “hem“, of the characteristic microflora capable to synthesize amino acids. At the person normal contents of a stomach have very acidic environment, pernicious for bacteria. The list of distinctions can be continued for a long time. whether
As the childhas to eat
the vegetarian diet Can become a basis of baby food? Considering a question of how to eat to your kid, first of all it is necessary to consider that his food has to be physiological.
Physiological food - providing by means of a diet of activity of the child, normal for this age, his growth and development. At early age questions of nutritional ensuring growth and development of nervous system, including a brain, development of a bone tissue, vessels, skeletal muscles and a muscle of heart, endocrine glands especially are particularly acute. Insufficient providing an organism of the child with these or those nutrients, vitamins and minerals can become a cause of infringement of formation of intelligence, oporno - the motive device or connecting fabric in general, the reproductive sphere, etc. Quality of food at children`s age influences also terms of the forthcoming human life, defining character of diseases already in the adult period.Why it is harmful to
?the System of vegetarianism is unacceptable
for baby food for a number of reasons.Lack of animal protein results
- of in deficiency of irreplaceable amino acids. Amino acids are “bricks“ of which protein is under construction. Irreplaceable amino acids - those which cannot be synthesized in a human body from other amino acids and can be received only with food. Without them in an organism it is impossible to synthesize full-fledged protein for construction of fabrics and bodies, synthesis of enzymes and hormones. The most vulnerable group of the population in relation to a lack of protein are children, especially aged till 4 years. Deficiency of animal protein leads to development belkovo - the power insufficiency which is shown lag in physical and mental development, violation of functions of all bodies and systems, decrease in immunity.
Extreme manifestation belkovo power insufficiency is the disease a kvashiorkor extended among children of the poorest countries of Africa. After an excommunication from a breast the basis of food of children of this region is made by vegetable food - they do not receive animal protein. The disease is shown by a delay of physical development, exhaustion, widespread hypostases, change of pigmentation of skin, violation of absorption of nutrients from intestines, mental disorders; such children have a characteristic appearance: they have thin legs and hands, disproportionately big (edematous) stomach.
- Only meat contains iron in a form, digestible for the person. In many products of a phytogenesis rather large amount of iron is available, but it is not acquired by a human body fully. For comparison: from rice grain about 1% of the iron which is contained there, and from bean - 5 - 7% is acquired. At the same time, from veal the organism receives 17 - 21% of iron, from fish - 9 - 11%. Let`s remind that iron plays a huge role in the course of blood formation, and also is a part of many enzymes necessary for normal functioning of cages and fabrics. The need for iron for children`s age is higher, than at adults therefore the exception of a diet of products of an animal origin leads to development of anemia.
- At an exception of a diet of products of an animal origin deficiency of vitamins of group B. First of all can develop it belongs to 12 vitamin B , and also to 6 vitamin B . 12 vitamin B (tsiankobalamin) comes to a human body mainly from products of an animal origin: meat, fish, milk. Function of vitamins of group B consists in blood formation stimulation, immunity maintenance, strengthening of synthesis of protein. Tsiankobalamin and a pyridoxine ( 6 vitamin B ) are extremely necessary for normal work of nervous system. At insufficient receipt the special type of anemia (pernitsiozny anemia), immunodeficiency, diseases zheludochno - an intestinal path develops in an organism of 12 vitamin B . Even insignificant shortage of vitamins of group B leads to violation of activity of peripheral nervous system, back and a brain that is shown at children`s age by a delay of mental and physical development. Emergence of increased fatigue, headaches, dizzinesses, depressions is also possible.
- Products of an animal origin are the main source of zinc. Zinc - a microcell which exerts impact on all types of exchange processes in an organism as is a part of many enzymes, and also hormone of the insulin necessary for digestion of glucose fabrics. Zinc participates in formation of nucleinic acids and proteins, being a growth factor. A large amount of zinc comes to an organism with such products as beef, pork, eggs. The vegetable food contains this microcell too, but there its quantity can be insufficient for the growing organism. At deficiency of zinc growth processes are slowed down, puberty is late, skin and mucous membranes is surprised, the hair loss begins. to
- Vitamin D is especially necessary for children aged to
of 3 - 4 years.during this period most violently process of formation of a bone tissue happens, the nervous system promptly develops. Vitamin D is formed in skin under the influence of a sunlight (ultra-violet radiation), and also comes to an organism with animal food that especially actually in the fall, in the winter and in the spring. The greatest number of vitamin D contains in cod liver, the Atlantic herring, cod-liver oil, eggs, milk, butter. In vegetable products vitamin D is practically absent. At deficiency of vitamin D at early children`s age rickets develops (at children to 2 - xyears prevention of this disease is carried out by means of vitamin D preparations). At more advanced age the scarce state is shown by the increased fragility of bones, violation of normal growth and formation of a skeleton, deterioration in a dental health, decrease in immunity. by
- At vegetarians most often note deficiency of cholesterol. Cholesterol represents zhiropodobny substance; 2 / 3 its totals are synthesized in a liver from the food of an animal origin which arrived with food (meat, fish, butter, milk, eggs, etc.) . In a human body cholesterol carries out several key functions at once: is material for creation of cellular covers and some components of a cage and participates in synthesis of hormones. At deficiency of cholesterol normal development of reproductive (sexual) system is broken, density of a bone tissue decreases and teeth as cholesterol participates in synthesis of hormone of the cortisone playing an important role in calcium - a phosphoric exchange collapse. Long deficiency of cholesterol causes damage of a retina of an eye and an optic nerve.
that the Convention of the UN on the rights of the child which is the international legal document reserves the right to receive the good balanced nutrition for the child. The principles of such food on the basis of large-scale researches and many-sided discussion were approved by World Health Organization. According to them the vegetarian diet is not physiological, i.e. it cannot be used on a constant basis as a power supply system for children of any age.