The inhaler treats cough of
Quite recently I faced a big problem - to mine 2 - x made to the summer son the diagnosis “False croup, a stenosis of 1 degree“. In hospital I learned a remarkable and easy way of therapy - use of a special inhaler - the nebulizer. This device for certain is useful in the home first-aid kit, it can be used with success to treatment of a wide range of a bronchial tube - pulmonary diseases. As forced to begin acquaintance to this subject me an illness of my child, I would like to pay some attention to symptoms and the principles of the urgent help at grain, and then to pass to more detailed consideration of opportunities of inhalers.
What is a false croup? The false croup arises against flu, ORZ, and also measles, scarlet fever, chicken pox, stomatitis. Attacks of a false croup often happen at night, against “full health“ or insignificant cold, and are followed by the complicated, whistling breath, “osiplost“ of a voice and the “barking“ cough, asthma can develop. The attack can be also provoked by allergic reaction. After assistance the attack can repeat within two days. But at appropriate care of the child recurrence happens extremely seldom.
When developing asthma needs to call immediately “Ambulance“, but before arrival of doctors it is possible to help the child as follows:
- to Calm the child, in any situation in your actions there should not be panic, to Provide with
- access of fresh air (to slightly open a window leaf in the neighboring room) to
- Plentiful warm drink - it can be warm milk, tea, broth of a camomile, a dogrose. Sour drink is very useful (for example, cranberry drink), it dilutes a phlegm. to give to
- For removal of an allergic component an antihistaminic preparation - (Suprastin, Tavegil, the Dimedrol), I will increase in the dosage which is a little exceeding corresponding.
- of Inhalation.
by an old “antiquated“ way, i.e. having covered with the head over a pan with hot (not boiled water) water. But such way is suitable for kids a little. During an attack I took the son on hands and carried away in a bathroom. There I corked a drain opening of a bathtub and started up boiled water. In the gathered bathtub I periodically poured soda “by eye“, and gave to drink to the kid warm tea.Should consider
that if at your child once happened an attack, the probability of its repetition is in the future quite high (the disease usually meets usually till 5 - 6 years from - for physiological and anatomic features of a children`s organism). Inhalation method is considered the most effective therapy, not only at a false croup and laryngitis, but also at some other a bronchial tube - pulmonary diseases and rinosinusopatiya.
of Inhalation have advantages before other ways of delivery of medicines: first of all is a possibility of direct and fast impact on an inflammation zone in mucous membranes. And in - the second, unlike drug intake inside, quite often causing allergic, toxic, metabolic and other frustration, medicinal aerosols work mainly locally, in the pathological center that allows to reduce quantity of a preparation, to increase its efficiency and to reduce probability of complications of medicamentous therapy. What diseases it is possible to treat by means of inhalations? First of all are the acute respiratory diseases which are followed by such symptoms as cough, dryness, irritation or sore throat, allocation of a phlegm. Other group of diseases at which inhalations are simply irreplaceable, - chronic inflammatory processes of airways, such as chronic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, chronic pharyngitis.by
in medical practice use Now three main types of inhalers: steam , ultrasonic and jet . The last two are united by the term “nebulizers“ from the Latin word nebula - fog, a cloud. They generate not couples, and a stream of the aerosol consisting of microparticles of the inhalated solution.
- Action steam inhalers is based on effect of evaporation of medicinal substance. In hospital I was told that hot steam inhalation is more effective, but this method has some shortcomings. In - the first, I could not persuade the small child to inhale a stream of hot steam, at the same time in the course of arrangements it just burned a hand about the hot device; in - the second, when heating the part of the operating medicinal substances inevitably collapses, in - the third, hot inhalation cannot be applied at a temperature over 37,5C. It is clear, that only flying solutions having a boiling point can be used in steam inhalers it is lower than 100 degrees, most often - essential oils. It considerably narrows a range of possible components for steam inhalation. But the biggest lack of steam inhalers - in low concentration of the inhalated substance. As a rule, it is lower than a threshold of medical influence.
- the Ultrasonic inhaler (ultrasonography) is the device allowing to spray medicines in the form of a small aerosol which at inhalation gets into the most remote sites of lungs. In an ultrasonic inhaler splitting liquid is reached due to vibrating of a metal plate. At the same time the size of particles to 5 microns is reached that allows them to get even into small bronchial tubes, effectively influencing inflammatory process. Besides the surface of the inflamed mucous membrane of air-conducting ways (taking into account bronchioles) makes not less than 5 - 10 m of 2 , and medicine volume not less than 15 - 30 ml is necessary for effective medical impact on it. Only the ultrasonic inhaler in 10 - 15 min. work is capable to develop high efficiency and to enter such volume of medicinal solution into airways. For inhalations it is possible to use broths of medicinal herbs, alkaline solutions like the decontaminated Borjomi mineral water, water solutions of essential oils (at the same time during the operation of the device the high-disperse emulsion is created) - at the expense of it an inhaler can be used for an aromatherapy, moistening of air in the room. The small weight and the size of the device provides additional usability, besides some models have the additional masks and nozzles allowing to carry out inhalations to the lying or sleeping patient. As during the work of an inhaler the whole cloud of the cool fine liquid similar to a smoke is created, it is not obligatory for child to hold the person directly at a mouthpiece at all, it is rather simple to put an inhaler at a bed or at the place where it plays (efficiency at the same time, naturally, decreases a little).
- Compressor (jet) inhalers, generally, have performance data, similar to ultrasonography, but have the big sizes and weight, during the work characteristic noise is distributed. Jet nebulizers form an aerosol cloud by means of the compressor creating rather powerful stream of air through a small opening in the chamber containing medical solution. It is possible to carry to unconditional advantage that only this type of an inhaler can spray practically all medicinal copy-books applied to inhalations. This type of inhalers belongs to the highest price category.
in search of suitable model the present review of the market of inhalers, as tried to present in the following table:
|inhaler Type||Model||the Price|
|the Steam inhaler||1700 r|
|Ultrasonic inhalers||the Monsoon||500 - 700 r|
|the Aura||800 r|
|Omron||From 3000 r|
|Compressor inhalers||Boreal, etc.||3000 - 5000 r|