Jewelry and care of them of
Tradition to decorate itself with jewelry goes to an extreme antiquity. Confirmations to that are found by archeologists at excavation in different parts of the world. At various times decorated themselves, the suit and footwear both men, and women.
Creation of jewelry turned into a profession, jewelry turned into works of art. The quantity of jewelry with which at a time decorates itself the woman depends also on cultural traditions in which she grew and it was brought up, and from the level of material prosperity. In Soviet period from pages of women`s magazines we were taught that the good form is considered to carry at most one Golden Ring on hands. Most often it was a wedding ring. And at women of the Arab East it was accepted to wear on itself all available gold jewelry. The husband could tell it at witnesses that he divorces her, and it left his house in what was on it. But even if we have only one gold ringlet and one couple of gold ear rings or one gold chain, and all the rest costume jewelry, we want that they were always pleasing to the eye. And though jewelry differs in resistance to influences of environment, they demand leaving. Therefore I will share those useful tips on care of jewelry which I acquired together with jewelry.
- First of all to protect jewelry from pollution and damage, them it is necessary to remove for the period of homeworks, and also when using cosmetic preparations: bleaching creams, soap, spirits, acetone. >
- it is better for li to Store all jewelry in the closed box or a casket (which can be decoration of a dressing table) far away from heating devices and a direct hit of a sunlight. under the influence of ultraviolet rays amethyst, color topazes (except golden), pearls and turquoise, and also rubies and grenades lose intensity of coloring. Rubin from strong heating can lose color completely.
- All jewelry with inserts from stones “are afraid“ of sharp differences of temperatures and high humidity. Therefore a bathroom the most improper place for storage of jewelry, and especially silver.
- to Part with
means for washing of ware and to lower in it all the gold jewelry. It is possible to leave them so on all day off (or on all night long) and from time to time to stir up until dirt descends. It is in addition possible to wipe with a soft toothbrush about fasteners, under a stone. Thus it is possible to clean jewelry with diamond, sapphire, an emerald, a ruby, quartz, topaz, beryl, aquamarine. To wash out each thing in the distilled or boiled cold water and to dry a towel. > it is better for br not to brush Gilded jewelry not to erase a thin gold layer. the gold and gilded jewelry which Darkened from time can be refreshed with
- by means of onions juice. They should rub a surface of ornament and to leave on one and a half - two hours. To rinse water and to allow to dry. can take
- For cleaning of rings with stones a stick for cleaning of ears (or to screw a cotton wool piece on a match) and, having dunked it into cologne, to accurately clean a stone and its frame from above and from below. Then to polish with a soft flannel or suede rag a ring. Sharp objects it is impossible to clean a ring frame - it is so possible to damage it. That stones in rings remained pure and brilliant, it is better to remove rings when it is necessary to wash up hands.
- the gold jewelry which Lost gloss can be washed out in soap water with liquid ammonia addition (half a teaspoon on 1 glass of water). Then to rinse clear water and to wipe. If gold jewelry with stones, then liquid ammonia it is necessary to take in proportions: 6 drops on 1 glass of water.
- the Golden Ring without stone can be brushed lipstick and to pound it cotton wool or soft paper. (I remember as classmates who already managed to marry in a hurry diligent cleaned the wedding rings.)
- It is rare, but nevertheless it happens that on gold ornament the iodine spot appears. It is possible to remove it if to lower a thing for 15 - 20 minutes in solution of hyposulphite which is applied in the photo. But there is an additional question: “where it, hyposulphite to take?“ Present amateur photographers give the films to photolaboratories and I receive ready pictures.
Care of jewelry of silver and cupronickel
- As well as gold, jewelry of silver it is possible to wet in soap solution, to rinse and polish with cloth. Strongly darkened silver jewelry can wipe
- with a flannel rag with baking soda or (at whom remained) tooth-powder. Then to wash out in clear water.
- the way of cleaning of silver and melkhiorovy tableware which with success can be applied also to cleaning of jewelry from these metals (without stones) Is. In the boiling solution (1 tablespoon of salt, a shell of two eggs and one liter of water) to lower for 15 seconds of a chain, rings, bracelets. To carefully wash out them after boiling and to wipe dry a cloth rag.
- to restore gloss, silver jewelry it is possible to lower them for 10 minutes in potato broth. (Very opportunely at preparation of mashed potatoes when the part of broth has to be merged).
- For restoration of gloss of the silver and silvered jewelry can wash out them in soap solution with liquid ammonia addition (1 tablespoon on 1 liter of water). I warn that silver with blackening cannot be cleaned liquid ammonia.
Jewelry with stones
Big care should be observed when cleaning jewelry with stones which badly transfer high humidity. It is turquoise, fell down, apatite, malachite, a moonstone, amber, pearls, corals. Soapsuds, spirits and hot soap water are harmful to corals, turquoise and pearls.
the Pearls grow turbid and lose gloss since contain two percent of water.
- Nevertheless, in weak soap solution it is possible to wash out these minerals. At once to rinse them in clear water and to dry up. Besides, the pearls can be wiped slightly with potato starch that deletes excessive moisture and pollution. Special prevention: the pearls are dissolved in strong vinegar.
- For removal of a fat raid from pearls can wrap it in fine linen fabric, previously having filled on it 1 teaspoon of salt and to rinse in water until salt is dissolved. To dry.
should Store pearls (natural and artificial) separately from other jewelry, having turned in a soft rag. From time to time it is wiped with a velvet ribbon. A beads from natural pearls is recommended to be perenizyvat every year. The pearls very much love warmly human body - put on it more often.
Turquoise - connection unstable. It is porous: easily absorbs fats, aromatic substances and under their influence turns green. When washing hands of a ring with turquoise it is better to remove.by
As pearls and turquoise one of the most ancient jewelry, with them connected many legends, and also there are many ways of care of them. So in old times in Russia to clear pearls, it was allowed to peck to chicken. Then chicken was cut and the pearls were taken out from a stomach.
the Similar way existed for turquoise cleaning in the east. It was rubbed with crude meat and fed to a turkey-cock.
- animal fat Very well influences turquoise. Therefore it is possible to rub it with fat tail fat. Vegetable oil “kills“ turquoise.
safely in warm soap water.
- the Turned yellow ivory can be lowered for 10 minutes in the solution of laundry bleach containing chlorine.