Use of medicines during pregnancy of
Unreasonable treatment during pregnancy can conceal risk for two at once - in - the first, for the woman who in a condition of pregnancy becomes the most sensitive to many adverse influences; in - the second, for the developing fruit, influence on which can affect then all life.
How to learn what medicine is safe?
Sometimes during pregnancy needs to carry out treatment even by unsafe preparations when the expected advantage of their application exceeds possible risk. Most often such situation is possible at a chronic disease of mother, or in those hard cases when the question goes about rescue of her life.
If all - needs to resort to the help of drugs, then it is necessary to discuss possible risk and advantage of their application with the doctor. In each case it is necessary to be guided by the principle that only the doctor knowing details about health of the patient and features of course of pregnancy makes the decision on need of reception of these or those drugs.
many lists in which drugs are subdivided on safe, rather safe, rather unsafe and dangerous Exist. They can be useful, but the majority of them contains outdated or incomplete data. On information inserts and packing of drugs it is not always specified about adverse effects during pregnancy, most often they inform on a ban of application of a preparation without recommendation of the doctor.
the Best source of information on collateral influences of medicines during pregnancy. Remember that it is necessary to choose the safest means from all possible in a concrete situation, but it is impossible to refuse treatment from - for fear to damage to the child as overdue treatment or the progressing illness can do a bigger harm.
If all - needs to take a certain medicine, then use the following recommendations to reduce risk and to gain effect.
- Never self-medicate. Do not deceive yourself concerning harmlessness of vegetable preparations, “natural“ - not a synonym of the word “safe“.
- At pregnancy approach ask your gynecologist in advance a question what means it is possible to accept to kill if necessary in your case a headache, fever or displays of a seasonal allergy.
- Discuss the smallest effective dose of a preparation and the shortest possible course of treatment with the doctor.
- Ask the doctor a question in what terms to expect improvement of a state or subsiding of symptoms of a disease. In the absence of effect of treatment or deterioration in a state do not postpone repeated visit to the doctor.
- Take medicine, being guided by recommendations on packing or instructions of the doctor. It is necessary to take some medicine on an empty stomach, others - after food or with milk. If the doctor did not give accurate instructions, it is necessary to ask about it in a drugstore or to follow the instruction on an insert. Immediately report
- to the doctor about any side effects of drugs or unclear feelings if you had an assumption that they are connected with treatment.
This classification reflects potential harm of medicines for a fruit at the use by the pregnant woman in different terms of pregnancy.characterize by
of the Letter risk group and designate the following:
- of group “A“ - the preparation is safe, researches did not reveal an adverse effect on pre-natal development;
- group “B“ - experiments on animals did not find an adverse effect on a fruit, there is no information on harm for the person or it is not sufficient (special researches were not conducted);
- group “C“ - experiments with animals found harmful effects pre-natal development, but for the person this harm is not proved. The medicine from this group is appointed by the pregnant woman only in cases when the expected advantage of application of a preparation exceeds risk of harmful effects;
- the group “D“ - is proofs of toxic or teratogenny influence of a preparation on a fruit of the person, but purpose of this preparation to pregnant women is justified, despite risk (in life-endangering situations, at serious illnesses in cases when less harmful drugs do not help);
- group “X“ - certainly medicine, harmful to a fruit, and harmful effects of this medicine outweighs any possible advantage for the woman`s organism. Medicines from this group are contraindicated to pregnant women and women who plan pregnancy