How to choose the thermometer
Hardly anyone - that needs to explain for what take temperature - its aberration one of the first signals testifying to problems with health. Therefore whether the main question “to take temperature at an indisposition?“, and “by what to do it?“ .
In the market today abundance of different types of thermometers: mercury, electronic and infrared, contact and contactless, with replaceable nozzles and disposable. And at everyone the features of application, merits and demerits.
On - a starinka mercury
- Still! Touch. - And he put a hand of the Kid on the forehead. But his forehead did not seem to the Kid hot.
- What temperature at you? - he asked.
- Thirty - forty degrees, are not less!
A. Lindgren “Carlson who lives on a roof“
the body temperature measuring instrument Most habitual in our corner of the world - the maximum mercury thermometer. It is a glass flask with the capillary containing mercury. And maximum it is called because the mercury column remains in the last top point of heating and does not fall without stirring down.
- stable accuracy of measurement (admissible error 0,1 degrees);
- variety of ways of measurement (rektalno, oralno or armpit); durability (if not to drop, then to break in the mercury thermometer have nothing
- ease of disinfection (it is impossible unless to boil);
- low price (15 - 25 rubles).
- is relative to be broken easily, as a result - on a floor dangerous mercury and glass splinters;
- considerable time of measurement - about 10 minutes;
- the streamline shape increases risk “to lose“ the thermometer at rectal measurement; >
- to small children it is undesirable to li to use it oralno.
It is checked by electronics
the Electronic (digital) thermometer takes temperature by means of the built-in sensors, and the result brings in the form of ready figures to the display.“ The figure“ offers additional functions in the form of memory on a certain number of measurements, sound signals, replaceable tips, water tightness, etc. At the same time for exact measurement electronic thermometers need dense contact with a body surface. So, having bought the electronic thermometer, adherents of habitual “axillary“ measurement can be disappointed. However, for them produce electronic models with a flat tip.
- safety: such thermometer cannot be broken, in it there is no mercury;
- time of measurement of 30 - 60 seconds (at option “armpit“ about 1,5 - 3 minutes);
- ease of reading results;
- automatic shutdown;
- almost all models remember the last indications (from 1 to 25);
- a replaceable scale “Celsius - Farenteyt“
- a variety of models, including is special for children, a bright coloring or in the form of a pacifier, with flexible low-traumatic tips;
- thermometers with illumination can be used in the dark.
- needs to follow the instruction precisely;
- at measurement by an armpit for receiving exact results time of measurement is significantly higher than minimum declared; in the majority of models there is a direct instruction in Russian “after a signal of the end of measurement it is necessary to hold the thermometer so many minutes“, and, so this time should be noted separately that not absolutely conveniently;
- not all models can be washed and disinfected, such opportunity should be specified upon purchase;
- change of batteries can be required at the most inappropriate moment;
- the price from 150 to 1000 rubles, however, it is cheaper than demercurization of the room in case of the broken mercury thermometer.
action Mechanism: the sensitive element takes off data of infrared radiation of object and will transform them to temperature indicators, habitual for us. In a line of thermometers it is positioned as a novelty.
- it is supplied with all additional functions of electronic thermometers (memory, sound signals, autoshutdown, etc.) ; gives to
- the chance very quickly to take temperature (5 - 30 seconds); replaceable tips resolve by
- an issue of hygiene and disinfection;
- the contactless model allows to take temperature to whimsical children and the sleeping patients.
Minuses:often gives to
- errors, and in household models accuracy can fluctuate to 0,3 - 0,5 degrees;
- needs to be used in strictly certain points of a body (a forehead, temples, ears); cases of traumatizing an eardrum at careless handling are known to
- ear models yield doubtful results at an inflammation of a middle ear;
- also doubtful results for the crying or shouting child;
- demands periodic checking;
- high cost (from 1200 to 3500 rubles).
It is a thermosensitive film which appearance changes depending on the body temperature to which it is attached. Whether thermostrips give a big error and often have gradation “is raised“ or not raised“, in fact, showing it is necessary to take temperature in any more reliable way or not.With such low accuracy they, nevertheless, are demanded by
in marching conditions and at mothers who with their help solve, to uncover the normal thermometer or not. whether
is Lied by the thermometer?
Most often complain of thermometers in a key: “electronic lies, the thermometer - the pacifier shows the increased temperature, and mercury - norm“. But, if to understand a situation, then often it turns out that mistakes in measurement were made by people, but not devices. Because to buy a novelty bought, and to understand here as it works not steel. In this plan the quote from a parental forum is indicative:“ At us the electronic thermometer showed some nonsense. And then the father-in-law read the instruction, and we understood how they need to use“. In the majority of models there is an instruction for application for axillary measurement as the most traditional in the Russian practice. At the same time both in a technique, and in a way of the accounting of indicators there will be certain differences connected with the fact that in a number of the countries are considered traditional an oral or rectal way.However should not recognize
that problems with the accuracy of digital devices happen also quite objective. At a batch of thermometers sensors can be incorrectly adjusted, the device can be to the low-quality or undergone overloads. To check serviceability of the device, it is necessary to read attentively the instruction and to check indications other thermometer intended for use in the same control points or to address to the service center.
How to force the serviceable thermometer to tell lies:
- to eat or drink a seagull, and then to take temperature oralno;
- previously to take a hot bath or a cold shower;
- to use a pacifier - the thermometer for the crying baby;
- leaky to keep the mercury or electronic thermometer in an axillary hollow;
- to forget to wipe an axillary hollow from sweat; to take
- temperature through clothes or fabric;
- to place sensitive part of the device not where it is necessary (for example, in an axillary hollow the ampoule with mercury has to be in the middle, and the thermometer is slightly pressed into skin, trying not to be overzealous); to take
- temperature rektalno at the rectum ampoule filled with a stake;
- to be guided by a sound signal of the thermometer, but not by when according to the instruction it is necessary to read out indications;
- “to underexpose“ the thermometer (once again, attentively we read that to instructions it is written in Russian, differences from angoloyazychny option are proved and they need to be observed).
If mercury thermometers buy
in a drugstore, then to the electronic engineer, especially difficult, it is desirable to get in specialized shops of iatrotechnics. There sellers know the range and can tell the buyer about features of this or that model. To buy risk in a drugstore the low-quality thermometer is not so big, but it is better not to count on detailed instructing, and it is necessary, in particular, if similar devices in the house were not earlier.
Before purchase needs to obtain the most detailed information on the thermometer to solve whether it personally will suit you. To return it back it will not turn out - thermometers treats goods which return is forbidden by the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation from 19. 01. 98th years. The faulty device will be exchanged for new, repaired or will return for it money only after examination.
And finally... whether
It is frequent on a question of the doctor “Raised, you have temperature?“ the answer follows “I did not measure it“. Meanwhile, information on whether temperature was raised or lowered, important for diagnostics. Therefore if felt unwell, take temperature at least once in day. It will not prevent.