Your child - the pupil of music school. Part 1
to the Son or the daughter is executed 5 - 6 years, and most of parents (in the cities, according to polls, more than 60%) take away the child in any circles, sports sections, studios. Or in music school. Quite often the choice depends on simple accident: music school near the house. Or acquaintances drive the child on karate and for the company is more cheerful.
at the same time if, say, the kid has an obvious inclination for music, but music school far, and karate section - in the neighboring house, mistakes are possible
. Including, fatal. Because (especially if it is about training of the musician - the professional) it is necessary to start training in playing a musical instrument as soon as possible. So far ligaments of hands soft and mobile.Parents quite often ask
: “Listen to my child. Whether costs a message in music school?“ Such listening taking several minutes, responsible business. Because for a short time it is possible not to make out musical talent of the child. Especially, if he hesitates “foreign uncle“ or does not own voice and therefore sings out of tune. Similar mistakes happen also at examinations in music school where there are even more reasons for nervousness, and teachers have no time to deal in detail with each little musician. How to reduce accident to a minimum?
How to prepare the child for examination in music school
Here several simple councils.
- Study with the son or the daughter the song in advance. Better the nursery, with a simple melody and clear words. Because the first request of the teacher at admission examination: “Sing the song“.
- the Second request: “Repeat a rhythm“.we Advise
to play with the kid rhythmic games. For example:“ I will tap a rhythm (it is better to knock on a tambourine or a drum), and you will repeat. Then you will knock, and I will repeat.“ . At the same time for creation of more fascinating game situation it is possible to tell that some African tribes so exchange words, and to hold “negotiations“ on drums from the neighboring rooms. Here, of course, it is necessary to take into account audibility in the house and tolerance of neighbors.
Other interesting rhythmic game: you knock a rhythm of the famous song, and it is necessary to guess what is the song. Then the child knocks, and you guess.
- the opinion on this or that teacher is quite good if it is possible to talk in advance to parents of children who are already engaged at music school, and to learn. After that to approach the teacher having good reputation and to ask to listen to your young entrant. At the same time you learn requirements of admission examinations of this musical tshkola.
Music school or private occupations?
We consider that, despite all convenience of private occupations (especially if the teacher comes home, and music school far), the first option is more preferable for the following reasons.
- you, as a rule, have no confidence in due qualification of the house teacher. Especially, if you found the teacher of advertizing or, especially, according to the announcement on a column. To ask to show the diploma somehow awkwardly.
- At music school except training in game at the tool the child visits other objects (solfeggio, a muzliteratur, chorus), important for musical education.
- Within music school much more opportunities for participation of young musicians in concerts, holidays, competitions what is for many young musicians incentive for occupations by game on the tool though children who hate public statements meet.
- contact (it can be game in ensemble or an orchestra) with peers is important For many children. A peculiar club of communication on interests which is seldom possible at private occupations is sometimes formed.
- For the children, capable to music, wishing to study further is not enough to be able to be played. The document on the termination of music school is necessary. However, this problem is solved as it is possible to pass of examinations for music school without attending lectures.
Some children hate music school...
So, we congratulate. Your child - the pupil of music school. Now, and, we will hope, for the rest of life, near it there will be a loyal friend - music. The friend who will come to the rescue at a difficult moment will make even more cheerful joyful events, will help to fill life with new sense. Everything, apparently, is remarkable. But, unfortunately, sometimes for a while...
there Passes time, and some children (according to our data their quantity approaches 30%) lose interest in occupations by music. And meet hating music school. Also these children go there only because they are forced by parents. There are most characteristic statements.
- Vitya, 10: “You do not think, I love music. But not classical, but jazz. Still I like some modern songs. And me allow to play at school only Bach and Mozart. Generally and some classical plays are pleasant to me, for example, To Elisa Beethoven or Polonaise Oginsky, but they as the teacher told, are not included into the program. Who only makes this foolish program?“- Rolling
, 9 years:“ I hate a violin, but I am forced to play. Parents speak: You do not understand yet what is good and what is bad. A violin - the fine tool. When you grow up and you will learn to play, still you will tell thanks to us . When I grow up, I will put a violin on a case and more I will not approach it. Here I like to draw. I would draw the whole day... “
- Andrey, 9: “I with pleasure would practise music, but not on a violin, and on percussions. But at our school on percussions do not even train.“.
- Sergey, 9.“ I hate music school. School lessons take not enough time, and on music it is necessary to be engaged two hours a day. Moreover three times a week go to music school. Therefore I cannot do what is pleasant to me: to play soccer or just in the yard to walk“.
In answers of children three main reasons of hatred to music school.
Force to play not that music which is pleasant (Vitya), force to play not that instrument which is pleasant (Andrey), do not give (there is not enough time) to be engaged in that business which is pleasant (Andrey, Sergey). whetherCan change
Only according to the program?
It is valid, at some music schools the programs defining what works correspond to the level of this or that class remained. Of course, most of teachers fairly belong to similar programs only as to the recommendations corresponding to the approximate level of the average pupil. But the administrators (and certain teachers) taking such reference points and recommendations too seriously meet. And then programs become harmful. In - the first, training in game at the tool - business especially individual. And advance speed from plays more lungs to plays more difficult depends not on the program, and on abilities and interests of the pupil. So no programs are good by definition. And, in - the second, in similar programs, as a rule, are not paid due attention to execution, along with classics, works of so-called “easy“ and especially jazz music. That is that music which often attracts children more. Music which can become the bridge to music serious, classical.
Prejudice that jazz music, however, as well as any “easy“ is music, so to speak, of the second grade, hardy still. It came from Soviet period when the jazz was considered as an immoral product of the decaying western culture and was forbidden. Today skilled teachers more and more begin to understand that the jazz is a folk, folklore music. Its use in work with little pupils develops hearing both melodic, and timbre, the feeling of a rhythm, ability to improvisation and brings in school lessons joy and pleasure. That is those emotions which children who hate music school are deprived.
the Choice of the tool
Is too an important question which is not always considered both by parents, and teachers. As happens? Most of fathers and mothers want that children studied on the most prestigious tool - a piano. Therefore at music school quite often it is possible to hear:“ On a class of a piano of places is not present. We can offer training at a violin or, say, on a violoncello“. However, it is, naturally, not wine of school, and more likely trouble. On is not present that is called and there is no court. Meanwhile, the right choice of the tool depends on a structure of hands of the child, and sometimes and on his desire.we will not describe
in detail what features it is more preferable to hands of future pianist, violinist or cellist. It is connected with length of fingers, their thickness, flexibility, palm width, etc. The same as when training at wind instruments a lot of things depend on a structure of lips or power of lungs. All these features are known by the skilled teacher.
By and large, it is necessary to proceed from these features, sending the child to music school, but not from existence of empty seats or prestigiousness of this or that tool. Let`s remember at least the great cellist Mstislav Rostropovich who began to study as a piano, but which since the childhood it is insuperable pulled to a violoncello. Thank God that parents considered little Slava`s desire.
Welcome to Practise music not to the detriment of other interests of the child
, especially often children do not love music school when occupations in it prevent to do favorite things. A task of parents - it is constant to look for a compromise. Sometimes even to allow to do to the child that he wants to the detriment of musical occupations. There is no other exit just. If constantly to forbid the child to be engaged in affairs voluntarily, then sooner or later bans develop into that hatred to music school about which there is a speech. And when children will grow up and will be able to make independent decisions, they will almost inevitably tear with music, considering that it is their main enemy.
we Know many examples when even the children, very capable to music, who are under too rigid control of parents, growing, not only completely threw occupations by music, but also left the house, got under negative influence of “street“, etc.