Myths and the truth about tampons of
of the Woman of the whole world are divided into two camps (besides blondes and brunettes): fans of tampons and lovers of laying. On the party of the first progress, on the party of the second - experience, and each camp with great feeling defends the correctness. If whether with laying more and more less clearly, and it is possible to argue mainly on their convenience, then tampons cause the mass of fears, assumptions, rumors. As far as they are proved?What
the Main source of terrifying stories about tampons - forums on the female websites where there are most improbable versions:
- introduction of a tampon is fraught with a faint, and for virgins - innocence loss; use of tampons by teenagers leads
- to an onanism and dissoluteness;
- of the man do not respect the girls using tampons;
- a tampon - a fine contraceptive.
the Advanced opponents of tampons prefer to use medical arguments, claiming that:
- a uterus neck erosion, endometriosis, and inflammatory diseases of bodies of a small pelvis - direct consequences of use of tampons;
- tampons are impregnated with the adsorbing chemicals corroding mucous;
- a tampon is corked by a vagina as a stopper, interfering with blood outflow;
- use of tampons increases risk of a disease of venereal diseases and can cause problems with conception.
It is remarkable that the majority of these statements do not maintain any criticism and ridiculous owing to their obvious illiteracy. But what is tampons actually? What is their use fraught with and as from it to be insured?As everything began
the First tampons similar on modern, at the beginning of 30 - x years of the last century the American doctor Earl Haas, allegedly at the suggestion of the wife created. The invention represented the cotton wool which is wrapped up in a gauze. The product was called the Tampax (from English tamponi pack - a tampon and packing). The first tampons had neither an applicator, nor a string. The destiny of a novelty was first sad: the American monster of Johnson &Johnson did not become interested in it, and the patent was sold under the counter. Industrial production of tampons began in 1936. Now the owner of the Tampax trademark - the Procter &Gamble company, and Johnson &Johnson since 1950 advance alternative brand of tampons “o. b.“ .tampons were improved by
For last 70 years though essentially did not change. Appeared: the lace sewed in a tampon, the applicator, the silky top layer facilitating introduction. Tampons began to be divided by degrees of the absorbing ability - pass, normat, super, super - plus. The essence remained former: the tampon is made of mix of specially processed and bleached natural fibers - the cotton and viscose pressed in the cylinder of a certain density. There are no chemical ingredients as a part of tampons. In difference, by the way, from the laying filled with the substances transforming liquid to gel and capable to cause irritation mucous at direct contact.by
on detection of potential danger of tampons conducted many researches as paid by firms - producers, and independent, including by request of the controlling and certifying bodies in Russia and abroad. Eventually it was proved that at the correct use:
- tampons do not interfere with outflow of menstrual blood and cannot create effect of a stopper - when the tampon is completely impregnated, blood filters through it and freely follows outside; tampons are not
- the reason of change of microflora of a vagina and growth of number of bacteria - changes of structure of the environment of a vagina is connected with the periods; the structure of a tampon (cotton, viscose or their combination) also does not influence microflora of a vagina; tampons do not lead
- to a rupture of a virgin pleva - the opening for outflow of blood in it is rather big (about 1,5 cm) and the pleva is rather elastic in days of periods. Absorbing moisture the tampon increases mainly in length and at removal cannot lead to virginity loss too; tampons are not
- the reason of emergence of “harmful“ sexual habits (at the correct introduction the tampon settles down in a vagina zone poor in receptors at all it is not felt, i.e. cannot physically become the provoker of erotic feelings);
- tampons do not cause endometriosis, an erosion of a neck of a uterus, infertility and do not influence duration of a cycle and the periods - in - the first the vagina possesses a high prisposablivayemost and is capable “to get on“ even with a penis which sizes at least several times exceed the tampon sizes; in - the second, the tampon does not contact directly to a uterus which too perfectly adapts and is rather well protected; in the third - duration of a cycle depends on physiology of the woman, her hormonal background, a structure of a body, a state of health, weight and other internal factors, and at all not on whether the small wadded lump is entered into a vagina at several o`clock;
- tampons cannot get into a uterus, get stuck in a body forever or “be lost“ - at insignificant muscular effort (it is desirable, sitting on a toilet bowl) too deeply inserted tampon (if it is impregnated with allocations) itself will come to light even if it tore off a lace that, by the way, too is almost impossible since the lace maintains loading to 5 kg and is strong sewed in a tampon on all length.
Alternative to tampons and laying - a menstrual cup (menstrual cup). Producers of this means claim that it was thought up and patented in 1932, and the modern version very similar to a vaginal contraceptive diaphragm, - in 1970. The cup is made of silicone - without latex, fragrances, dyes - and, being inserted into a vagina, collects the following menstrual blood. As advantages of cups are considered reusability - washed and again the plot, a gigiyenichnost - on silicone of a bacterium do not breed, reliability - edges of a cup as if stick to vagina walls, creating vacuum and providing full protection. Large producers of hygienic production are not engaged in production of cups, however these devices underwent testing of specialized institutions like the American FDA. In Russia cups are not certified and are not on sale. Domestic gynecologists prefer not to speak on their useful properties and potential dangers, pointing only that this means be valid such convenient, reliable and surpassing all others, it would already win long ago the world market. Price of one cup about $40.
Most of experts - gynecologists hold the opinion that use of tampons is absolutely safe on condition of observance of simple rules:to wash with
- hands before introduction of a tampon;
- to change a tampon at least, than in 4 - 6 hours;
- to enter a tampon accurately and on comfortable depth;
- not to take out a tampon before it becomes impregnated;
- not to use tampons for absorption of other vaginal allocations, except menstrual;
- not to use tampons of the bigger absorbing ability, than it is required.
However doctors consider that absolutely for all you should not speak about indisputable ideality of tampons.
the Risk is:
- at some girls the structure of a virgin pleva does not allow to use a tampon or does its use inconvenient. In this respect it is necessary to consult to the gynecologist;
- the part of the women (who are especially accepting oral contraceptives) complains that tampons dry a vagina. If tampons leave unpleasant feeling of dryness, it is better to refuse their use to avoid vagina microinjuries;
- tampons is not recommended to be applied to the women who are receiving medical treatment for vaginal preparations (candles, etc.), other efficiency of treatment can be reduced in connection with the absorbing properties of tampons.