Who as is called...
schoolmates called my school girlfriend Sveta the Club. At all not because she was fond of hockey. And not because wanted to offend. On the contrary, all loved Svetka and in the fulness of the heart sometimes Klyushenka named. Just its surname - Klyuchnikova.
the Fighter and the Cheburashka
- distortion of a surname - a traditional way of emergence of a nickname, - Zhanna Shopina, the associate professor tells the projecting psychology of Institute of psychology of Vygotsky RGGU. - That is the boy by last name Bulls, most likely, will become a Bull.
the Second typical way “klichkoobrazovaniye“ - according to external characteristics: time the bulged ears - means, the Cheburashka. Still option - by the nature of occupations and hobbies: for example, the boy is engaged in fight - means, the Fighter.
However, also associative nicknames happen. So, the girl Nastya whom all called the Daisy studied at one school. Seemingly gently and touchingly. But history of a nickname was unexpected. In elementary grades Nastya carried briquettes, and children teased her Margaret Thatcher (in sense “the iron lady“). Then the girl grew up, teeth at her were leveled, briquettes disappeared. And from Margaret it turned into the Daisy.
A still the nickname, happens, appears from - for the fact that the child himself “was set up“. So, on September 1 Denis at a meeting with friends told that he on vacation was in the village: “There in the mornings we mowed this for rabbits... as it there... And, straw!“ So it also remained Straw until the end of school. By the way, the real nicknames and nicknames - with what the person will pass on life - appear, according to psychologists, only at high school. At this age the child tries to understand that he on imagines. And a nickname - the first step that being allocated from lump, to designate the place in the world.
It is surprising, but the fact: initially emergence of nicknames is provoked by adults. And first of all teachers. To school for each child is important his name is exclusive. Of course, he knows also the surname, but it seems something minor. But when the first grader comes to school, it becomes clear: here teachers of all call on surnames. And names push somewhere on the second plan. And how, apparently, to arrive to the teacher if in a class, for example, five Serezh and six Dash? But from the psychological point of view a situation not nice. It and children forces to arrive as appropriate. However, children return the favor.to
And teachers got
- Ash Two About ached, the physics will not be! - the sense of children`s triumph is clear only to devoted. Or rather, that who studies at this concrete school. Also he is familiar with the teacher of physics Nikolay Nikolaevich Ovechkin. By hearsay, he thought up the nickname H2O to himself. Also arrived wisely. Because children - creations cruel! - all the same for it something would be composed. And for certain not such harmless. School students somehow manage to notice his essence, nuances of the personality in each adult. So, at other school there was a physicist known as Zakhoder. Why? Yes just at the slightest pretext it could not stop shout. Here children also nicknamed his Zakhoder. And rightly: do not shout! But is more often in the nickname course more simply - traditional, so to speak. For example, ladies who teach chemistry are teased most often Flasks. And fizichek (if, of course, build corresponds) - Molecules. By the way, from nicknames even favourite teachers are not insured. Only in this case pupils call them umenshitelno - laskatelno: Tanusha, Manyunya.
of Anything personal...
If you are called Fekla Tolstaya, then, apparently, the nickname also is not required to be thought out. Meanwhile, the famous TV host admitted one of interview: in a class it was teased... Decanter. In the sense that ancestors were counts and contesses. But she did not take offense - treated a nickname with humour.
- And it is absolutely normal situation, - Zhanna Shopina comments. - Nicknames is a peculiar teenage subculture. And many of them (even strange aurally) do not seem offensive for either their owner, or peers surrounding him. The matter is that very often the nickname is not associated with the subject of the same name.
... But all - is offensive
At one school, in one class two Maxim study. Both are not the most diligent school students. Both are slightly plump. It would seem how them to distinguish? By nicknames, of course. And already one Zhirdyay, and Max second just. Guess which of them is more popular in a class?
- the Nickname and a nickname - it seems, synonyms, - Zhanna Shopina argues, - but the second is always offensive. Use a nickname when want to humiliate.
- And is even more offensive, - the psychologist Irina Marvich supports the colleague, - when the nickname is attached to a name: for example, It is brisk - Poltorok (small, that is). The name concretizes a nickname. And rhymed, it in general is perceived as some kind of teaser, the “greedy person“ type.
What to do?
- the Most obvious (and the most exigeant for the child!) council: not to react, - Zhanna Shopina says. - That is it is not necessary to give pleasure to the one who wants to mock. And, clear not to respond to an offensive nickname. But, as a rule, in a similar situation to the child to one, without the aid of adults to cope not in power. Brand only the one who cannot fight back the offender.
Ideally the first who can and has to help the sufferer is a teacher. He, of course, can not know, how exactly call the derelict of a class (we will assume, at seniors children restrain). But the fact that the specific child is offended or is even poisoned, obviously always. And the teacher has to find a way to bring the pupil from - under blow. It is clear, that threats in this case are useless. But it is possible to collect, for example, all nicknames of a class, to order to write down them in a column in notebooks and to work with them in Russian: as it is correct to write from what are formed, to allocate a root, etc. Generally, it is necessary to okulturivat a situation somehow!Nou`s
- Hau of Tarakanov` family
Unfortunately, in reality not each teacher chose work on calling. And, therefore, not everyone is capable to show talent of the tutor. Means, parents need to be connected to the help to the child. So, at one of schools on the next holiday Tarakanov` family devoted the performance to teasers about cockroaches. They thought up them more than one thousand! That is won back a surname on full. And at the same time and about other surnames - the simplest, type Ivanov - teasers thought up.
I all so laughed that then their son was not teased any more. And correctly did. Many surnames, dissonant for a modern ear, have, it appears, a glorious past.As you the yacht will call
...In the ancient time people trusted
in an origin some kind from animals, birds and insects. Choosing itself a totem, they took also his name. So there were Baran, Karp`s clans, the Bug. Much later all this was transformed to surnames of Rams, Karpov, Zhukov. And members of the clan adopted features and habits of the totem. So, perhaps, Tarakanov` ancestors differed in ability to adapt to circumstances and to survive in any situation.
By the way, psychologists claim: by analogy with influence of a name - a totem of the characteristic of a nickname also generate a certain style of behavior. That is the carrier of a nickname seeks to correspond to it. Therefore, for pedagogical reasons it is better to help the child to get rid of Fat man nicknames or the Dirty creature.
What was earlier - a nickname or a surname? whether
A are known by you that not very long ago - only about 700 years ago (namely then the Russian surnames began to appear) - the word “surname“ at all not in the course? Instead of it, according to the Doctor of Philology Aleksandra Superanskaya, our ancestors spoke... “nickname“ or “pro-rank“. You remember, how in the fairy tale:“ There lived a person by the name of Egorka, known as Quick“?
at the same time in those old times, “calling“ somebody, people accurately observed morphology. Therefore it is possible with a sufficient share of confidence to claim that someone from ancestors of the person by the name of Krivov was curve. And at Dlinnonogov - long-legged. Though Ubeykobyla`s ancestors, for example, hardly deprived of life a horse. So, most likely, called very strong person: say, will wave a fist - will kill a mare.
A as for offensive, in our opinion, surnames - Fools, for example, - that expert they cause in people absolutely other, than laughter, reaction. The matter is that when our ancestors were pagans, they trusted: a name - the same integral part of the person as a hand or a leg. And, to save the child from a malefice, gave it deceptive - security! - name. From here a number of names with the without prefix. For example, Armless - that was dexterous and skillful.
So if you have a modest surname, know: your far ancestor was loved and preserved by his parents.as
Modern times - new names
- I work hard years at school and with interest I observe how nicknames change, - the teacher Svetlana Belyanchikova says. - So, if earlier very tall person was teased the Uncle Stepa or the Lanky Person, then the Ostrich or the Heron now. Perhaps because an outlook of modern children already, than at their parents? Read - that they obviously less. But TV is watched without measure. As a result of thin and the long guy who would be called about 20 years ago the Match or Dryn, now just the Worm. The full-faced girl - Casper or Chupa - Chups. And the undersized boy - not Small or Shmakodyavka, and the Teletubby.here to four-eyes is to
A more simply now - they ceased to be teased practically. Because today, alas, glasses are worn by very many children.If the child has
... it is a serious reason for concern. In any case psychologists quite so claim. Because the nickname - is it manifestation of sympathy or means of an insult - it is recognition. That is peers noticed the child. Thought of it, estimated. Meanwhile, according to sociological researches, among modern teenagers at every fifth nickname is not present and never was. And the majority of them is made to nobody by interesting people. Those whom it is even boring to tease. You want an example? Please.
- Tell:“ On the Mount Ararat large grapes grow“! - schoolmates demand from the boy who on - special - it is rolling - utters a sound “r“.
I he obediently says all this, giggling the general fun. That is submissively accepts humiliation. It is clear, that nobody teases it in any way. And what for? And years, examining school photos, later his schoolmates will try and will not be able to remember: it seems also was such, but how he was called?
Sad prospect, truth? But it is still possible to correct. For example, to think up a nickname. Bright, memorable. Perhaps, it will not help the teenager to gain special authority and popularity on a class. But it is useful as a nickname at communication on the Internet. Where just on a nickname also meet.
As Yana Poplavskaya, the TV host teased stars
teased Me Janka - the monkey, and the father dreaming of the son named Yashka. And after an exit to screens of the tale of the Little Red Riding Hood to me the nickname the Little Red Riding Hood was tightly pasted. Even now I sometimes hear following: “Look, the Little Red Riding Hood went!“
Andrey Grigoriev - Apollonov, the singer
Children`s nicknames, generally are derivative of a surname or a hair color. Here I at school had two nicknames: Red and by last name - Grisha, Grinya, Grieg... And in creative theatrical places where I had honor to be engaged, I was called Apollosha.
Pelageya, the singer
U me it imechko that with it no nickname is necessary. But at elementary school at one time me, I remember, called the Bullet - probably, for the fact that I very fast was also active. Fields - the Bullet. Here my name was so transformed to a nickname.