How to organize a children`s campaign of
with children it is better to go To a campaign with people well familiar to you, especially the first time.
we Plan a campaign with children. Strategy of a campaign
with children is better to go To a campaign with people well familiar to you, especially the first time. In our opinion, the optimum number of group - 8 - 11 people, including 3 - 4 children, i.e. at most 4 families.
Previously with potential participants of a children`s campaign usually discuss the following:
- region of a campaign;
- terms and duration (who what time has);
- preferable type of a route (linear, basic, etc.) ;
- desirable ratio of number of full running days, day`s rests and semi-day`s rests;
- preferable extent of a day way.
Region of a campaign. All adult tourists, as we know, are divided into two categories. One choose “with whom to go“, and then select a route under concrete, often very skhozhenny group. For others the question “where to go“ is priority. Having chosen the area, they begin to look for fellow travelers. There is, however, still the third category - those to which all the same where and it is not so important with whom if only in a campaign.
Terms and duration. campaign Duration decides on children not by the length of a route at all, and existence of free time and common sense (it is unreasonable to drag the four-year-old child in his first campaign for a month, the truth at once?) . Most often with children go to the so-called day off campaigns (DOC), or to multi-day not category campaigns. Is more senior than the prepared children it is possible to take also in sports campaigns to the 3rd category of complexity inclusive (together with the parents or other close relatives responsible for the child).
Type of a route. Routes, as we know, happen linear, linearly - radial, basic to radial exits, ring, etc. From this list of separate consideration the basic type of routes as the most convenient for the first campaigns with children deserves. In this case the convenient parking is chosen and the base camp is arranged. From base camp radial exits are almost with light baggage made. In this case the place of base camp has to have a number of requirements: it has to be not too crowded, nearby there has to be water, it is a lot of firewood and, it is not less important that was what to look in vicinities at. If you chose other type of a route, for example, linear, on it there have to be 1 - 3 points of “emergency exit“ where it is possible to finish a route in case of unforeseen circumstances. Besides, it is desirable that the route passed across rather inhabited district that in case of an unexpected disease of the child it was possible to show it to the doctor.
Running time and day`s rests. Planning a campaign with children, it is necessary to determine the number of full running days, semi-day`s rests and day`s rests. For example: running day, day`s rest, the rest of the time - semi-day`s rests, or equally running days and day`s rests (both options are acceptable for groups with preschool children). The option with day`s rests is suitable every third day for group with children of younger school age.
Ideally all children in group have to be approximately identical age, for example from 6 to 9 years. But in practice it is not always feasible since as a part of one family often there are children to a big age difference. Except age and marching experience of children, it is necessary to find out whether the day dream is required to someone from children. If such children are, it is better not to plan full running days in a campaign but only semi-day`s rests and day`s rests.Poludnevk`s
- very convenient compromise: children also manage to have a rest, and the monotony what is on day`s rests, does not tire them. It is only necessary to pick up a route with a large number of convenient parking. Several transitions in the first half of day become, and then we look for the place for the parking. Put to have a nap after dinner of kids, and after a dream it is possible to organize outdoor games, collecting mushrooms, berries, etc.
the Exception are made by absolutely small children who travel on parents - such children usually sleep during the movement (in a children`s backpack, in a kayak, in a cycle chair). In this case it is quite possible to move both to, and after a lunch, however we do not recommend to plan more than six transitions a day. Optimum - 4 - 6 transitions for 40 - 50 minutes for all running day. However, some groups with babies all the same prefer to move only semi-day`s rests.
Extent of a day way. In the table given below we tried “to reduce to a common denominator“ experience of parents - tourists, concerning an optimum distance in kilometers for the first hikes of the child. These are approximate figures, it is not obligatory at all literally for them to follow. On the other hand, it is important that after running day at children the enthusiasm remained to participate in installation of tents, kindling of a fire and so forth. In other words, that children felt “taste“ of a camp life.
|Age,||the Distance in kilometers in day||campaign Duration|
|3 - 4||4 - 7 *||of 1 - 4 day *|
|5 - 6||7 - 10||of 3 - 7 days|
|6 - 8||8 - 12||of 7 - 10 days|
|8 - 10||10 - 14||till 2 weeks|
|13 is also more senior than years||15 - 20||Typical for an adult campaign|
* Figures are provided for children who in a campaign go independently, but do not go on shoulders of parents.
Thus, you will find adherents and will formulate approximate requirements to a route. Now it is possible to choose safely a route and to start preparation of a campaign with children.
Preparation for a campaign with children
Preparation for a children`s campaign means clarification of a number of questions which list we were not too lazy to give below. Almost all points well are familiar to you on adult campaigns.
- Specific features of members of group.
- Choice of a route. Determination of duration of a campaign.
- of the Vehicle (if it is a water hike).
- Plan of the movement on a route. Entrance and departure.
- Day regimen.
- Apportion of food and distribution of watches.
- Distribution of duties in group.
- Distribution of public equipment.
- Recalculation of monetary expenses.
we mean By specific features, first of all, marching experience of adult members of group, age and level of training of children. Complexity and extent of a route, and also the movement mode depends on it. In a campaign with children, in particular water, physical (and emotional the it is more) load of adults more, than as a part of adult group. From there are two simple rules:
- marching experience of the adult tourist taking with himself the child has to be more than what usually is required for this route;
- planning a campaign with children, usually are guided by the least skilled adult participant of group and by the weakest (younger) child.
Choosing a route, it is possible to act this way: to estimate real running time for all campaign (proceeding from duration of a campaign, the number of day`s rests and semi-day`s rests) and to find a route which can be passed during this time. It makes sense to choose routes the most informative to show to children the unique nature - beautiful mountains, lakes, unusual vegetation, i.e. to make a campaign esthetically saturated. It is desirable to find out about the chosen route it is as much as possible, first of all - about an entrance by the beginning of a route and about departure after its termination. According to the got data to make the approximate plan of the movement.
For example, in water hikes quite long sites where it is difficult to organize the normal parking meet. It is better to allot the last day for drying of vessels and things. It is also desirable to have in a stock of 1 - 2 day on a case of delays from - for bad weathers, repair of means of an alloy or other unforeseen circumstances.
Any skilled tourist will confirm that successfully picked up day regimen - nearly most important in a normal campaign. Therefore it is even up to campaign day regimen better to work in details and to coordinate with other participants of a children`s campaign.by
- If in a campaign with children planned full running days, the most basic moment - a lunch halt. It is necessary to solve whether there will be it long, with preparation of a hot lunch and a day dream (for kids), or not really long - without dream, but with preparation of a hot lunch, or short - with a dry ration or in advance cooked hot food from a thermos. by
- If full running days it is not planned but only semi-day`s rests, the question of a hot lunch and a day dream is solved simply.
- In a water hike where there are very small children (till 1,5 - 2) also other option was repaid: children it is possible to put to bed directly in a kayak - then conveniently to move both to, and after a lunch. The problem of a constant vykidyvaniye from a kayak in water of toys and other objects is at the same time solved (and if it is serious, then it is better to bind toys in a kayak). And during a lunch halt to children allow to gambol in plenty.
At any daily routine if you move along a route more slowly, than was planned, it is better to try to discover missing time in the morning. Ideally the group has to come to a route about 10 o`clock in the morning, and finish running day - not later than 18 hours. Regularity is known to each skilled tourist: to 17 o`clock in the evening ideal parking, from 17 to 18 o`clock - good parking, from 18 to 19 o`clock - bad come across, and after 19 hours does not come across any. Generally, if at 17:30 you met the convenient parking and got up camp - you made the correct decision.
On drawing up an apportion of products for a campaign with children should spend more time, than on a standard apportion for adults. The apportion has to be made taking into account features of each child and is surely coordinated with all parents. By drawing up an apportion skilled tourists usually distribute products on watches, i.e. each couple of persons on duty bears products only on the watches. It allows to avoid confusion during a campaign. Besides, parents of small children (till 2 years) usually take in a campaign a certain quantity of baby food for the child. If all children in a campaign small, the baby food makes sense to include in an apportion, previously having coordinated with all parents.the Most important at distribution of watches and public equipment - to compensate to
a difference in the weight of backpacks of adults in different families. Unlike adult group where the personal equipment at all tourists weighs approximately equally, in a children`s campaign the weight of personal equipment strongly depends on age of child(children) and can differ very strongly. Therefore it makes sense to families with the largest weight of backpacks to put watches in the first days of a campaign from the very beginning to unload a little them. Are guided by the same logic at distribution of public equipment.
the Weight of backpacks of adults
We pay attention to this question as the weight of backpacks of parents - one of the most serious restrictions in a campaign with children.
It is unconditional, one their most difficult situations - a multi-day campaign and a family with 2 children till 3 - 4 years when both children cannot independently go and them it is necessary to bear. In this case it is better to choose the routes organized as base camp, either water or cycle routes from pedestrian routes.
we Will give approximate figures for autonomous summer pedestrian (or simple mountain) a campaign of average duration (10 - 12 days). It is meant that in a campaign together with children there are both parents. (figures are taken from A. Safonov`s article and Century. Savelyeva, “To mountains with children“)
|Quantity and age of children||the Gross weight falling on a family||the Weight falling on parents||the Note|
|1 child of school age||from 70 kg||from 60 - 65 kg||In weight is considered “iron“ (cats, ice axes) on all family, including the child.|
|1 child of 4 - 7 years||from 60 kg||from 58 - 60 kg||Is considered that the family does not take “iron“.|
|1 child till 3 - 4 years whom it is necessary to carry||from 70 kg (including ~ 15 kg the child and carrying)the Weight of the child is considered by||in gross weight.“ Iron“ is considered on adults.|
|of 2 children till 4 years||from 85 kg (including ~ 25 kg 2 children)||we Approach a limit. Certainly, we do not take “iron“.|
were Made by us and own calculation of weight of backpacks for below the described case.
the Number of children on a family: 2, one of which should be carried. The number of adults on a family: 2. Climatic zone of a campaign: midland. Season: late spring / summer / early fall. Type of a campaign: multi-day pedestrian or cycle campaign. > Similar calculation it is easy for p to make
on water or other hike. For this purpose it is necessary to consider vehicles and special equipment in addition.to
So, it is the share of adults:
- Equipment - from 30 kg without special equipment (“iron“, etc.) and also without a backpack for carrying of the child. Entered this figure: from public equipment: the awning is the general, a saw, tent, kostrovy a rope, the first-aid kit;
- 3 rugs, summer sleeping bags (we considered one big double and one single teenage);
- from a kidswear: 2 warm woolen sets (a sweater, breeches, socks, a cap), 2 waterproof sets (pvc - a jacket, pvc - trousers, gumboots), spare running trousers, spare jersey;
- from adult clothes: raincoats, sweaters, a minimum of spare running clothes and jersey, easy replaceable footwear for fords (gym shoes);
- from means of hygiene: pot, wet towel wipes, disposable diapers, towel, soap, other means of hygiene;
- minimum of children`s sport stock and toys;
- marching ware;
- other necessary equipment (cards, a compass, lamps, ropes, seat mats, capacities for water, a remnabor, the camera and another);
- products - from 20 kg (with a container) for 10 days. Here the minimized option of thrice hot meals - counting upon shops in way and without any special food for the kid is meant. Therefore 600 - 700 on the person in day we multiply by three conditional eaters (a full portion the adult and 0,5 portions to each child) and we multiply for 10 days = ~ 20 kg;
- the child who should be carried: 15 kg;
- a backpack for carrying of the child: 2,5 kg.
Total: at least 67,5 kg for 10 - a day campaign with use of a backpack for carrying of the child or at least 65 kg if for carrying of the child the baby sling is used.
T. e, apparently from total figure, we came approximately besides to result. However you should not be upset at once - the modern market of marching equipment, as we know, tends to reduction of weight and volume of equipment that does campaigns with small children more and more real every year.