Homework: what can learn at home?
Sending the child to school, parents care for that the school was good, teachers - knowing, schoolmates - children from good families.
all perfectly understand that at school the son or the daughter will carry out from now on the most part of life. And parents will have autographs in the diary, PTA meetings with contributions and a nightly type of the children`s back which is expressively bent over a desk.“ Nothing - nothing, - parents think, remembering the school childhood, - and we so studied“. If it is necessary “to tighten“ and “correct“, employ tutors. To interfere with difficult educational process very few people venture, too far behind there was a school. Only the level of school education promptly falls. Entrants, high school teachers say, not just do not know any important things, they often have no general idea about a subject, logical communications between different fragments of science. School teachers in the majority in reply part hands and say that they do not cope with present children. And only parents can help the child to cope with study. And for this purpose superefforts and any special knowledge, only patience - and following to councils of our experts are not necessary.
How to teach the child to do homeworks?
“It is a real crash, - Anna, eight-year-old Varya`s mother sighs, - we sit over homeworks almost till midnight. The barbarian constantly distracts - with a cat to play, to eat something. And then she just ceases to think at all, and I finish patience. Everything comes to the end with the fact that I fast solve examples and I do exercises, and she just rewrites them in a notebook...“
Why to children, and together with them and to parents so hard are given homeworks and as to correct it, Doctor of Biological Science, professor, the academician of Russian joint stock company, the director of Institute of age physiology of RJSC Maryana Bezrukikh tells.
“For the child, especially the first grader, homeworks are a new type of the independent activity demanding not only concentration of attention, assiduity, but also ability to organize the activity. And it is difficult work, the child at the same time has to be able:
- to Perceive, understand and keep the instruction (task) in memory. If the child several times rewrites a task or carries out only its part, it is necessary to find out: whether he understands sense of all words whether understands as how to make whether remembers all task.
How to help? If some problems are, it is necessary to sort quietly and patiently a task, to explain, a difficult task if necessary to divide into parts and to carry out these parts consistently.
- to Plan sequence of the actions. Children of 6 - 8 years need the help of adults when developing algorithm of action. Adults have to help them to construct sequence of actions during the performing of exercises, the solution of tasks, preparation of oral tasks. For example, if algorithm of the solution of tasks in mathematics the teacher sets, then a request to learn children quite often perceive some material as retelling of all material it is close to the text, i.e. to remember mechanically. It demands a lot of time and forces, and the result is often unsatisfactory.
How to help? should be explained to the Child patiently how to divide the text into parts how to allocate the main thought how to retell, etc.
- the Best time for preparation of homeworks: from 15 - 16 to 17 - 18 hours. It is possible to repeat something, for example, the learned poem later. Occupations after 19 hours are inefficient, lead to too big tension (and for the next day it is necessary to repeat everything) and excitement which quite often does not allow the child to fall asleep quietly. should teach to prepare for
- of the Child a workplace, necessary textbooks, notebooks, accessories and so forth not to be distracted by search of a ruler or pencil, the book or an album. should Begin with
- performance of homeworks with what at the child turns out. It helps to get into gear and gives a positive emotional spirit.
- the First grader can, without distracting, to work no more than 5 - 10 minutes, the second-grader - 10 - 15 minutes, the pupil 3 - 4 - go classes - 20 - 25 minutes. At more advanced age time it reaches till 30 - 40 minutes. It means that “you will not make the requirement yet, sit and be engaged“ it is deprived of sense. It is necessary to teach the child to switch: to do several exercises, to move, drink a glass of juice, to eat apple, etc. and again to get into gear. Otherwise the child will play for time, to look for the different reasons to distract. It is desirable for
- that in a preparation time of lessons of the child nothing distracted. If the child sits at lessons, and in the same room the grandmother watches TV at a full loudness, the younger brother plays with a kitten, mother speaks by phone, the school student cannot concentrate.
- Should not sit at a back and to monitor work of the child, but he has to be sure that adults are ready to help.
- Independently to watch correctness of performance of action and to correct it (to see and correct errors). As a rule, adults undertake this task. They literally sit at a back and control performance of tasks. The child quickly gets used that he will be corrected, and gives responsibility adult.
But comes the moment when parents solve: it is time most to prepare for the child lessons. And here they suddenly face resistance and unwillingness which are expressed by tears, uneasiness. It is result sitting behind the back but not wine of the child. It just did not teach to work independently.
How to help? Gradually, without irritation and reproaches to accustom him to do homework without adults. Having explained as as it is necessary to do, find an occasion to go to other room, to go about the own business. At the same time it is necessary to show that you are ready to help if the child has questions. And sudden decision will be enough, from now on you prepare lessons itself will not lead to anything good, but can cause a stress.
- to Formulate the problem and to ask about the help. More often children hesitate, do not know how to ask for the help. And many are simply sure that they have no such right - to ask again, specify, simply to tell it is unclear, I do not know .
How to help? > It is very important to em to teach the child to understand a problem, to understand that it is impossible to it why it occurs. And not to be afraid to ask for the help both parents, and the teacher.
- to Finish and check the work. It would seem, everything is simple, but for this purpose it is necessary to understand and remember a task well. And it needs to teach children too.
How to help? Should observe attentively the child, to understand what his problem, and step by step, quietly to explain, study, fix in all that it is impossible“.
of the Rule of homework
What to esteem about itthe Book “Training in the Letter“ is a result 15 - summer work of the famous psychophysiologist, the teacher Maryana Bezrukikh. Difficulties when training in the letter, exercises and ways of overcoming of mistakes - all this is stated easily and fascinatingly. Examples of handwritings, exercises, useful tips. Plus 4 notebooks of specially developed copy-books. whether
in general at home?
“Recently to us more and more parents who want to transfer the child to family training began to come. Partly from - for crisis because mothers prefer to stay at home and take care of children, partly from - for disappointments at school“, - the head of Avtodidakt club, the teacher, the psychologist Marina Baykova tells. The club is this, existing since 1994, unites parents and teachers who prefer to school study in native walls, at home. Marina is mother of three children who did not study any day at school, but at the same time with success came on the budgetary offices of prestigious institutes and to postgraduate study.
By the wayToday an opportunity for parental work for education and education of the children is to get paid.
the Parent training the child in the “family training“ form receives money which is allocated by the budget for each school student. The sum, however, as well as other conditions of training and an order of certification, make a reservation in the contract between school and parents. In Moscow it is about 85 thousand rub a year today, plus the monthly grant for food (about 5 thousand rubles). In other cities and areas of the sum differ and depend on that how many money the regional budget allocates for school students. Legally the child on family training is considered the pupil of school and receives just the same school-leaving certificate. The school checks his knowledge at least two times a year (by agreement it is possible to do it more often). The rights and duties of parents and school are stated in local laws - in the capital this Resolution of the government of Moscow № 827 from 25. 09. 2007.
“I do not deny school at all at all and I do not call all it is universal it to throw. But it is convinced that family training is an elite education, and the only thing that for it is required - time spent by parents and responsibility. All the matter is that children sharply change today, - Marina explains, - they think quicker, possess large volume of information thanks to computers and in general differently look at the world. And, in order that the school corresponded to present children, it is necessary that the new generation of teachers grew. Of course, there are schools where it is interesting to children where the correct atmosphere and keen teachers is created. But today it is a little of them“.
To family training, as a rule, are passed by children whom the school “throws out“. It is boring for one, and they exhaust the teacher questions, others not in forces long to sit. Here children with early endowments who play sports or music much belong.“ We, - explains Marin, - we offer programs for different objects, we advise how to issue the relations with school, and, above all, - we help parents to overcome the main prejudices about family training“.to the Child the discipline is necessary for
- . The motivation, aspiration to learn new are actually necessary, and just it quickly vanishes in school. And parents are able to awaken this motivation - then it will not be necessary and “to build“ the child.
- Parents have no pedagogical knowledge. By our techniques parents closely participate in study only in the first two - three years. Becoming is more senior, the child gains ability to self-training, looks for information necessary to it on the curriculum. Parents, in comparison with teachers, have an advantage - they well know the child therefore they have more chances to interest him.
- the Child will not learn to live in collective. At correctly constructed house training on lessons no more than 2 hours a day leave. The rest of the time can be used for sports activities, music, drawing - to communicate in group of children with similar interests. The school often “breaks“ not having congenital “core“. All of us know how hard happens in the school company to children weak, diffident. Over time, having passed teenage age, such children find confidence. And lack of school experience of aggression will help them to keep openness to the world. Growing in the friendly environment, possessing kind character and a high intelligence, these children most often become soul of the company“.
That from parents is waited by school“I consider, - Oleg, the father 13 - summer Maxim, - tells that the child needs to be loaded at full scale. I always ask to give it as much as possible tasks. If at school there are new sections, bring the son there - if only he did not idle, did not drink beer and would not gad from an unclear look friends “.“ Actually, - Vadim Zlotnikov, the deputy director of the Center of education says; Sokolinaya Gora - the child surely has to have an opportunity of nothing to do some time. Laziness is a protective mechanism which saves an organism from burn-out. Teachers would like that with parents there was a cooperation. And it:
- Direct contact with the teacher, with administration of school - and not only in the form of protests or requests, and joint discussions of difficulties;
- Emotional security of the child, especially problem. The school is not able to make so that children did not tell offensive words. But parents can create to the child a comfortable environment thanks to which it will not touch him;
- an Opportunity to relax. Any, even the best school will not replace to the child of the house. Because houses it has to unload, exist in the atmosphere of love and its acceptance, irrespective of progress. Imagine: the school abuses it, demand results, it comes home, and the same begins there: You are a fool, again received the two ... The child tests tension everywhere, and from here already nearby to nervous breakdowns, a suicide, a social protest.
- Lack of overloads. Sometimes parents, having professional knowledge and skills, begin to be engaged intensively with the child the subject. And it is good if it is connected with the fact that the child chose to himself the same profession and showed talent in it. Often these loadings are connected with experiences: How it, my child will also not hand over English best of all? Actually they cannot reconcile to the fact that the child has the life and the abilities, and he should not be responsible for ambitions of the parents“.