The menopause and addition in the weight of
It is known that aging and addition in weight are interconnected. Women are inclined to put on weight during especially important periods of life, but during the climacteric period addition in weight is inevitable.
the Menopause or a climax is the period of the termination of an ovulation and periods at women. To women is more senior than forty years difficult to grow thin and not less difficultly to support normal weight. It is very difficult to dump the weight gained in the period of a menopause and after its termination. Most often this weight is concentrated in a stomach and hips.
Addition in weight during the climacteric period is most often caused by the following factors:
- sharp decrease in level of estrogen,
- lack of regular physical activities,
- essential reduction of mass of muscular tissue,
- wrong way of life and food.
Most of women (at least 2/3) at the age of 35 - 55 years significantly put on weight during the preclimacteric period (the period preceding a menopause). It is difficult to dump the weight gained at this time though it can be controlled. It is also proved that addition in weight after the termination of a menopause increases probability of breast cancer. Researches demonstrate that addition in weight more than 10 kilograms can increase probability of development of breast cancer, and weight loss after the termination of a menopause can reduce this risk. Regular trainings sport and the healthy balanced diet help to control weight and to support him at the acceptable level.the gained weight evenly is distributed by
To a menopause on all body: to hips, buttocks, hands and a stomach, and the weight gained during the climacteric period settles generally in a stomach why the figure gets apple outlines. Such sudden addition in weight in a stomach can lead to development warmly - vascular diseases.
Addition in weight at women of climacteric age cannot be explained to
of the Reason of addition in weight completely with hormonal changes which happen in the woman`s organism during this period though hormones really are a major factor of annoying changes from which the female body suffers. Change of a shape of a body is directly connected with a way of life and processes of aging. So, addition in weight during the climacteric period is caused by such reasons:
Overeating: consumption of a large number of unnecessary calories which are not burned surely leads to addition in weight.
Resistance to insulin: at some women resistance to insulin develops with age that forces an organism to reserve calories, but not to burn them.
Psychological factors: constant stress, chronic fatigue and the increased uneasiness - here responsible for addition in weight during the climacteric period. These psychological factors cause disorder of functions of an organism therefore there is a feeling of hunger (quite often false) that, in turn, leads to addition in weight.
Ageing: in process of aging of an organism muscle bulk decreases, and fatty layers increase. Therefore process of burning of calories is slowed down, and the reduced muscle bulk is also not capable to burn the same number of calories that before.
Sedentary life: with age the need of an organism for calories for energy production decreases. All excess calories turn into fat which gradually replaces muscles. As it was already mentioned, fat burns much less calories, than a muscle. Therefore the metabolism in an organism is slowed down that, in turn, leads to addition in weight. Lack of physical activities: during the climacteric period of the woman play sports less often, than earlier therefore recover stronger.
Hereditary factors can also be the cause of addition in weight during the climacteric period.
Hormonal imbalance or deficiency of hormones: this factor can affect resistance of an organism to insulin that promotes accumulation of excess fat (thus all excess calories turn into fat).
Diseases of a thyroid gland: addition in weight in the period of a climax is connected with diseases of a thyroid gland or disorders of its work.
Slow metabolism: the slow metabolism connected with lack of physical activities in combination with processes of aging can be led to addition in weight during the climacteric period.
How to avoid addition in weight
Unfortunately, addition in weight - an integral part of aging. But this process can be controlled as follows:
- to lead active lifestyle, to play sports;
- to keep to a diet;
- to complete a course of gormonozamestitelny therapy which helps to support hormonal balance, so - healthy weight.
- to reduce consumption of greasy food. To limit consumption of saturated fats; to consume “useful“ fats of a phytogenesis (for example, nuts, olive oil, peanut butter and so forth) .
- to reduce consumption of high-calorie food. Remember that with age we need less calories therefore it is necessary to eat rationally. However sharp reduction in the amount of calories is also unhealthy as in this case the organism will begin to stock up with energy, and it will be more difficult to grow thin.
- to play sports. Try to be engaged in aerobic exercises which accelerate a metabolism that helps to burn excess calories. Power exercises are also useful as they increase muscle bulk and also accelerate a metabolism. to begin
- a bit earlier. Regular trainings should be begun with sport not in fifty years, and much earlier, years in thirty. Then it is necessary and to pass to the balanced food. It will help to get used to such way of life and will facilitate reorganization of an organism during the climacteric period. to include
- in a diet it is more than fresh fruit and vegetables, proteins and so forth. Whenever possible choose low-fat sauces and gas stations for salads, boiled chicken meat, fillet of a tuna and other fish. Limit consumption of pork, hamburgers, pastes, potatoes and fast food.
- to drink more water and to reduce consumption of the carbonated drinks and drinks containing caffeine.
the Preclimacteric period and addition in weight
the Term “preclimacteric period“ designates the period preceding a menopause. At this time in an organism of the woman there are hormonal changes which lead to emergence of signs of a climax subsequently. These changes are shown aged from 35 till 60 years and continue from 2 to 6 years. During this period of the woman begin to put promptly and for no apparent reason on weight even if keep to a strict diet.Ways of control of weight (a diet, physical activities, starvation) which women used before during this period turn out
inefficient. Addition in weight in a stomach - the widespread phenomenon during the preclimacteric period. Unstable hormonal level, the lowered estrogen level, accumulation of fatty cages - here only some factors causing this annoying phenomenon.