How to help the child to become attentive?
Progress of children in study and other kinds of activity in many respects depend on their ability to be attentive.
When the child becomes a pupil, new requirements are imposed to it different level, it has new duties. Someone copes with them easily and simply, and for someone it is difficult and sometimes difficult process.
the School, in turn, seeks not only to give a certain knowledge base to the pupils, but also sets more significant purpose - to teach children to study.It to make
not so simply as first of all this purpose demands development in children of all informative processes, necessary for the doctrine. This thinking, memory, imagination, attention.
Numerous supervision of teachers, researches of psychologists convincingly showed that the child who did not learn to study, did not seize methods of cogitative activity in initial classes of school in averages usually passes into the category of poor. >
Very often it appears p that progress of our children in study and other kinds of activity in many respects depends on formation of ability at them to be attentive.As often we tell
to the child - the school student: “You are inattentive!“ when the child makes ridiculous mistakes, cannot find them.
It is frequent from - for a lack of attention to the child difficultly to study at school. The little pupil as if does not hear and does not see what he has to acquire and remember. In the senior classes it becomes more difficult for it since information arriving and demanding storing is plentiful and various.
the Attention is this quality more than once and forever. The attention is possible and it is necessary to develop! Of course, at school are provided practically at all lessons of a task for attention. But it is necessary to notice that how tried to use the teacher these tasks in the pedagogical activity, they can only support that level of development of attention which is available for pupils at this stage. On it there are certain reasons: in - the first, the volume of a training material is rather big; in - the second, there has to be a certain system of tasks and work, as a rule, has to be individual that in a class it is difficult to carry out.
Nevertheless, to the pupil it is necessary to help to learn to operate the attention. It is still difficult for youngest school student to make it. And his parents can become the chief assistant to the child.to Work with
is over what. It was shown by results of the questioning which is carried out among pupils 2 - ykh classes.
only 31% of pupils answered the question “Whether Often You Distract during Performance of Homework?“ that they do not distract. The reasons that can distract called a miscellaneous. Most often parents distract (your children so consider!). Not less other relatives among whom more often younger brothers and sisters were called distract. Can distract and pets, were less often called such reasons as phone, the TV (a loud sound).
also:“ Whether you consider yourself attentive?“ From all pupils answered “no“ - 53%, “yes“ - only 19%.
For example, according to answers of children, houses help to do homework of 79% of parents, from them help and prompt 27%, check works, sometimes explain unclear - 31%, abuse 41% for the two, fall apart and find out the two reason - 8%, are not engaged in addition and do not play with the children - 66%.
to help the child, we have to know what should be done and as.
That such attention? The attention is an ability of the person to concentrate on certain objects and the phenomena. From world around we are at the same time influenced by a large number of sources of information. It is impossible to acquire all arriving information and it is not necessary. But to allocate from it useful, significant at present, important for adoption of the correct decisions it is absolutely necessary. This function of mental activity is also carried out by attention.When the teacher tells
about absence of attention in general - it is very generally. The attention has such main properties as concentration, volume, stability, distribution and switching. And at the child one of the called properties of attention can be developed well and another which just and demands correction is perfect be absent.
Therefore before to start classes in development of attention, it is necessary to know what properties are poorly developed at your child because each property is very significant for successful educational activity.
Concentration of attention - ability to concentrate on the necessary object, its parts, ability to penetrate into a task. The child with good concentration of attention differs in good observation, organization. To the contrary, that at whom this property is not developed is scattered and not collected.
the Volume of attention is amount of the objects which are at the same time perceived and withheld in consciousness. For children of 7 years the number of such objects fluctuates from 3 to 5. At the good volume of attention to the child it is easier to make operations of comparison, the analysis, generalization, classification. Ability to carry out these operations speaks about development of logical thinking.
Stability of attention is a possibility of long concentration on the same object. The child can long work with steady attention, without distracting, it likes long hard work (interest in tasks of the increased difficulty).
Distribution of attention is a simultaneous attention to two or several objects at simultaneous performance of actions with them. About features of distribution of attention judge by that, easily or hardly the child manages to do several things at the same time: to be engaged in work and to observe for surrounding (whether additional explanations and fluent remarks of the teacher are easily perceived).
Switching of attention is a movement of attention from one object to another or from one activity on another in connection with statement of a new task.
About specific features of switching of attention can be judged by that, how fast the child passes from one occupation to another whether easily begins new business, whether can quickly finish any occupation or constantly comes back to it in the thoughts and actions (continue to decide when all finished; all consider orally, and some try to write down at this time that they did not manage to make before).
When you study attention of the child and reveal what property is least developed - it is possible to start occupations.effective remedies of development of attention games and game exercises which can be included in any, even very serious activity are among
Examples of games and game exercises
- “Who attentive?“ Read the text. Children have to understand sense and consider the number of words with a sound [M], for example.
- “How many what?“ Children need to examine the room and to call as much as possible the objects which are available in it, selecting on any signs: color, a form, material of which objects that there was a certain letter in their name are made. “Repeat
- quickly“. The child can repeat after you words only when you tell the word “repeat“ (dialogue goes fast). It is possible to use words: tell, say etc.
- “Construct in the dark“. On a table cubes and matchboxes or other objects (parts from the designer, cubes of the different size). The child blindfold has to construct quickly one hand a column with the basis in one cube (the competitive moment is possible).
- “I will not get off“. The account to 30. The certain numbers (containing figure 3, sharing on 3) it is impossible to call. Instead of them - any movement or the word (to jump up, tell “I will not get off“).
- to Throw a ball, calling nouns. The child, accepting a ball, calls the verb suitable on sense and tells the noun etc.
- of Game in checkers and chess. These games are called not for nothing school of attention. It is necessary to count the courses beforehand, to draw conclusions.
- Game in the mixed actions. If I raise hands up, children - in the parties if I sit down - children jump up etc. It is impossible to forget that tasks for development of attention often occur in various children`s magazines, etc. editions. It is good to you familiar labyrinths, drawings with the mixed lines, finding of differences on pictures, deletion in the text of certain letters (through three), the solution of various puzzles, etc. Concentration is so developed.
- the Teacher or the parent suggests to solve orally several arithmetic examples. For example, 2 numbers - 84 and 26 are given. The first figure of the second needs to be increased by the second figure of the first, to the received work it is necessary to add the second figure of the second and to subtract the first figure of the first from this sum (2 × 4 + 6 - 8 = 6) (stability of attention). offers to hold
- perception of drawing (the truncated pyramid coming to us - leaving inside; a profile - a vase), only in one situation certain time. At change to put a hyphen on paper (attention volume). to Look at
- on objects within 1 second and then to call: how many and what objects are represented? what figures are represented? in what figure this or that figure is entered? (distribution of attention).
- At the same time to solve simple mathematical examples and to listen to proverbs. Then to call answers and to repeat that for proverbs were called. to Write with
- number from 1 to 20, and to call them at the same time upside-down.
- According to the table with letters and figures - at first to give numbers one after another, then - letters alphabetically, then alternating a letter - figure (switching).
- On a leaflet of number from 1 to 20 randomly, it is necessary to specify and call them one after another as soon as possible.
Help your children to become attentive. Get and read books in which it is possible to find the exercises and games promoting development of attention.Play
together with children. It gives the chance to better understand the child, to know him better, to find the correct approach, to gain it.do not forget
about sports thanks to which it is possible to develop not only force and dexterity, but also attention.you Teach children to be
observant - able to notice the changes happening in world around (something houses rearranged, the tree branch broke, picked a flower which still was yesterday etc.) All this will promote enrichment and development of the personality.