The difficult decision
Family training practices in Russia for a long time, since 1992. Then the law “About Education“ allowing the parent to make the choice was adopted - whether to send the child to school (state, municipal, private) or to be trained independently at home. The approximate provision on family education issued by the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation defines an order of training and certification for this form. Relationship between a family of the pupil and educational institution is regulated by the contract.
the Order of transition to family form of education is defined by the order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation № 225 of June 27, 1994 and the Approximate provision on education in a family (the № Appendix; 5).
Family education is often confused to house. On house training children who for various reasons cannot attend school study (most often it is medical indications). Also both the child`s hyperactivity (who cannot physically sit out 45 minutes of a lesson), and easy lag in development etc.
On family training can be the cause children who can go to school study, but their parents of it do not want. For example, children with the so-called “the advancing development“ which rates of the school program, the children who are professionally oriented do not arrange.
of the Reason that parents do not want to take away the child in school, of course, have under themselves the soil. Parents want to relieve children of excessive loading, unnecessary knowledge, to avoid psychological violence, in a word, to create comfortable including from the psychological point of view, a condition for training of the kid.
generally, the reasons it is enough. Unfortunately, often at our high schools still the child for school, but not school for the child.Should tell
that family form of education found many adherents in the western countries. So, for example, in the USA today annually about 1 million school-leaving certificates are issued to the children who are trained at home.
So, let`s weigh the main pros and cons of family training.
- Parents can regulate daily loadings and regime of the child, minimizing harm for health. According to physicians, the reason of emergence of diseases of nervous system, violation of digestion, problems with sight at school students is an improper feeding and chronic overloads. Each child is engaged in
- at the speed - it is fundamental difference of family training from school. On family training the child has an opportunity to study an unclear subject until all does not become crystal not to sit up clearly, on the other hand, on subjects which are clear to the child. At school the child practically cannot choose that it is the more interesting and most necessary to him, and in family education it is possible. The child has a possibility of the choice, to work mathematics or to pay more attention to Russian.
- All frankly. Whether it is worth saying that estimates which the pupil brings in the diary not always reflect the actual level of knowledge of a subject. The three, the fours, the five not always are deserved. Besides the marks which are put down unfairly can be a constant stress for the child and be the additional negative cause for “communication“ with parents. At family school do not have
- obligatory textbooks. Children can study taking into account specific features, addictions and abilities, according to the program, according to the textbook. They learn to work with different sources of information and to generalize data.
And what arguments contra?
- First and the most important argument which is actively discussed by supporters and opponents of family training - socialization. Without school the child grows in hothouse conditions, so, is not ready to social interaction with the most different people (as pleasant, and not really). To resolve the conflicts, to show character, to compete, go on compromises, all that is necessary in real adulthood - to all this the child can appear is not ready. All this can become the reason of serious problems in the future. Supporters of family education do not agree with it. The children who are on family training have much more time for circles, sections, studios and other additional classes where they also accumulate social experience, actively communicating both with peers, and with adults. They at all not hermits, and the fact that the child communicates with “school“ society a little it is rather a plus, than minus. by
- Choosing family training for the child, you have to be an enthusiast and understand that to combine own career and training of the child it is almost impossible. Training in
- the child of the house, the parent takes the responsibility for quality of the got education. If you decided to devote yourself to training of the child, such qualities as adherence to principles, discipline are necessary for you. You also do not know for certain whether the child will be in the future grateful to you for such choice. Children of those on whom for the first time tested family education (16 years ago) will go to school soon and then we learn about their relation to the choice of parents. Let`s look what choice will be made now by them for the children (in favor of school or in favor of family training).
- needs to adhere to “golden mean“. On the one hand, the child should not be hothouse, with another, some parents, being fond of idea about the ingenious child, forget about his physical and mental health and overload with occupations.
an objective assessment of results of the child therefore to define this “golden mean“ can be difficult.
As you can see, everything is ambiguous.
If you thought of transfer of the child to family training, you should know the following.you can transfer to
- the child to such form of education at any time, from any class, at the same time at any time it is possible to return to occupations at school.
- If you decided, you should submit the application to school and to wait until it is signed by the director. You make with school the written contract where all questions of certification - terms, the program, participation of house teachers, payment school are defined. It is the legal document. the Pupil is registered as
- at school, it has same rights, as well as at other pupils. The school receives on it financing. The state is obliged to pay to parents the money equal to expenses for education of the child. As experts speak, this procedure occupies a lot of time, and monetary compensation is insignificant is small.
- the Pupil each half a year or year (depending on the written arrangement with teachers` meeting) passes certification in comprehensive school, and on its results according to the solution of teachers` meeting is transferred to the following class. Results of testing are registered by
- . Having decided to teach
- the child of the house, you are able to do it or to invite teachers. (Teachers of school can be them also.) by
- All controversial issues are resolved by local governing bodies of education (the former RONO). In the same place you have to be acquainted with the Law “About Education“ and the Approximate provision “About Education in a Family“.
the Question raised by us today becomes extremely actual. The statistics shows that the number of the Russians wishing to transfer the children to family education steadily grows, especially in the large cities. And today we mentioned only iceberg top.can be told
One precisely - with the choice you should not hurry.
Barbara Curtice, the professional teacher and mother 11 - ti children, written the book on problems of house education (“The first steps for training of your child for life“), offers parents here that:“ If parents want to give to the children house education, they have to answer two key questions: whether
- it Will be useful for the child? whether we Are capable to become
- good teachers?“.
Dear parents before making a choice, think over these questions.