Usually seeds of a citrus together with a peel we throw out a room tree from a sunflower seed of
in garbage. The majority of us are sure that only “savages“ who at any leaving will not blossom will grow up from them and will never yield fruits, and at best - in 20 - 25 years. whether so it actually?
In a natural environment - in Hugo`s countries - East Asia and in subtropics of Italy, Spain - any citrus trees which are grown up from seeds begin to fructify already on 5 - 7 - y year. Therefore in some states of India many of them can be made multiple copies seeds, and an inoculation - only when it is important to keep all high-quality features of a plant completely.
However an environment of fertile subtropics and those that on our window sill, - are not identical at all. In the first case they are ideal for development of a citrus, and in the second - incomparably more rigid.How to accelerate fructification
all citrus trees which are grown up from seeds, especially during blossoming when they are entirely covered with white fragrant flowers though each look is specific In own way are original
and has the features: at oranges - the most beautiful krone with dark leaflets, at tangerines - bright appetizing fruits, at grapefruits - fruits very large, however, and the tree quite often bulky and is suitable for winter gardens and offices rather. Are most practical for cultivation - lemons which all the year round please with fruits, usually much larger, bright and fragrant, than purchased. Different types of a citrus are easily distinguishable on a number of signs including in a form of sheet scapes which are supplied by the “ashkeys“ developed in different degree: in the greatest - grapefruit, has less - at orange, are hardly noticeable at tangerine and completely are absent at a lemon.
Seedlings of a citrus are capable to yield the first fruits already on 4 - 5 - y year when using certain receptions. But everything begins with the choice of seeds and their crops.
From any fruits are selected by the largest seeds and at once sow them in small pots or glasses, it is obligatory with a drainage opening in day. It is more expedient to process previously seeds one of preparations of group of biological natural stimulators. I, for example, for the night lower seeds in sodium humate solution Sakhalin (not more darkly than beer) - in the subsequent it positively influences development of root system, and then for 8 - 12 hours - in water to which I add zircon and epin - to an ekstr, on one drop of a preparation on a glass of water, it accelerates development of seedlings, and, above all - helps them to move insufficient illumination and dry air indoors. >
It is desirable for p to seed ten at once - another of plants which will be required further for selection of the best, potentially skoroplodny. Seeds place in a friable fertile soil on depth of 1 - 2 cm and when shoots grow up, at the age of 3 - 5 months, accurately replace, pass rather, completely keeping an earth lump, in capacity it is more and add a biohumus handful (the compost processed by earthworms) to soil mix that promotes the accelerated development of plants.the Growing-up seedlings select
on the following external signs:
- initially thickset krone (tells the minimum distance between kidneys on small stalks about it); such plants even without formirovka are inclined to cluster further;
- minimum quantity of short needles (or total absence of those) and thin escapes;
- the maximum quantity of leaves which seldom fall down.
are Inevitably rejected by quickly becoming bare plants with small leaflets and the thin extended escapes. >
It is very important to p not to allow odnostebelny development of a seedling in the form of a fishing-rod. In the first months of life it is necessary to cause its lateral branching. For this purpose a nail or tweezers every time prishchipyvat a gentle top of the growing escape during next “wave“ of growth (citruses grow not constantly, and the periods, “waves“ - no more than 4 - 5 times in a year, with breaks one - three months). If only the top without lateral escapes grows after that, then it is deleted again.further the grown lateral escapes with two - three leaflets prishchipyvat
B (do it as soon as possible), then branches will grow minimum short. And in the subsequent observe the same principle, trying to give to a tree a kustistost and proportionality of krone. From time to time pots with plants slightly turn - but is not sharp - no more than on a quarter of a turn.the Tree of a lemon at the same time white fragrant flowers and fruits - both ripe golden, and green can decorate
It is not less important to div to watch that in the formed krone there were no separate vertically growing branches (“tops“). At emergence of branches, flexibility is not lost yet, they are inclined and tied a tape or a twine to a stvolik or the pencil thrust to the soil.
in process of growth of a tree watch also that the krone zagushchatsya not too, for this purpose seek not to allow growth of branches in it.
I one more major reception which is bringing closer fructification - a koltsevaniye. Carry out it as follows. Stvolik or one - two skeletal branches at the basis strong draw (“band“) a copper wire so that it was slightly pressed into bark. On this place flow is very quickly formed and there is a deformation causing accumulation of such substances which stimulate formation of fruit kidneys in a vegetable organism. Later half a year - year to avoid an excessive banner of branches and threat of a fiasco, the ring is carefully removed, and the place of operation is covered with the garden thief or redressed a strip from elastic polyethylene.
At a citrus the habits
Even more will bring closer blossoming and fructification of citrus plants regular inclusion over them artificial “sun“ in the form of special phytolamps or luminescent lamps (daylight), moistening of room air by means of electrohumidifiers or fountainlets and regular - one - two times a year, in February and June, - change of plants in capacities which every time is 3 - 5 cm more than former. The soil mix sifted through a close-meshed sieve and consisting of equal shares of completely rerotting foliage (in finished form it is easy to collect it in park or in the wood under old maples and lindens), the cespitose earth (it is enough to shake out the dernina layers cut on a meadow with good herbage) and compost with manure humus is good. As a last resort it is possible to use the usual friable soil from a garden, having added to it 1/3 - 1/4 part of volume of horse manure.But even at such regular changes of nutrients in the fresh soil is enough
only for three - five months while citrus trees need good nutrition since the end of February till September. In this case help out the complex fertilizers including everything necessary substances with minerals. Better not in the form of dry mixes, and in liquideous look. Fertilize the solution which is strongly diluted with water (no more than 1 - 2 g of a preparation on 1 liter), otherwise it is easy “to burn“ roots of a citrus. > “mineral water“ it is good to p to alternate
of Top dressing to waterings by the ready, available on sale infusions and concentrates of organic chemistry.
Most often all efforts are rewarded by
Instead of the conclusion, and several years later the citrus trees which are grown up from seeds blossom and yield the first fruits. And the plants which are grown up from seeds are much more hardy also prisposoblenny to room conditions, than a citrus of any grades which can be got in shop: they do not demand either ideal illumination, or optimum humidity of air. In other words, at more or less good leaving feel in the room not worse than an unpretentious geranium or a ficus. And all because initially these fruit trees appeared in the house which became for them the. to provide ripening of one fruit, the plant has to have 15 - 20 elastic, dense, is dark - green leaves. At additional lighting in the oseena - winter months fruits of oranges ripen sweet.
Having grown up the fructifying trees from seedlings, in the subsequent it is possible to multiply the best, perspective plants in other elementary way - rooting of the short shanks which are cut off from them in pass - a small greenery - a pot with damp sand under a glass jar. The saplings which are grown up from shanks fructify for the third year without loss of the main advantage - unpretentiousness.
to the Flower grower - on a note
- If tap water contains a lot of lime, the rerotting needles collected from - under old fir-trees will help to rescue the earth in a pot from a zashchelachivaniye. Add it when landing to soil mix (a ratio 1:6), but cover with such needles the top layer of the earth in a pot even better. > Shortage macro - and minerals it is easy for li to determine
- by appearance of citrus plants. At deficiency of nitrogen - the gain decreases, leaves turn yellow, especially lower and at the basis of escapes. At deficiency of phosphorus - the plant blossoms poorly and many flowers fall down. At deficiency of potassium - the edge of l of an ist grows brown, becomes wrinkled and twists down. At deficiency of iron - leaves turn yellow and turn pale. At deficiency of pine forest - die off top points of growth and ovaries are deformed. At deficiency of copper - on fruits appear sticky dark-brown spots.
- to reduce water loss, close the earth in a pot a circle from thick polyethylene or plastic, previously having made a cut for a stvolik. But it is possible to put from above a moss layer - a sphagnum - he acts and as the sponge and as an additional podkislitel, and as a nitrogen source filled with water.
- Flowers and young, gentle escapes of a citrus - a good additive to usual tea tea leaves, they give to drink a peculiar aroma and enrich it with vitamins.
- Nothing so slows down development of any citrus as attack of hordes of wreckers - web pincers, lozhnoshchitovka, plant louses. Therefore regularly, twice a month, wash out leaflets under a strong stream of a shower, and you take out a plant on the street for processing by reliable tools in the summer - solution of tablets of FAS (2 tablets on a water bucket), actors (5 g of a preparation on a water bucket) or a fitoverma (1 teaspoon on 1 liter of water). Much more effectively, simpler and safer for own health not to spray a plant from a spray, and to ship their krone on one - two minutes in a bucket with solution of the listed insecticides.