Why at children appetite vanishes?
Are natural that the child can have various reasons of loss of appetite depending on his age, sex, a season, a state of health etc. (the list of the reasons can be beyond all bounds big). And all - the often sharpest falling of appetite is noted at children whose age comes nearer to one-year-old or recently passed for this boundary. >
In most cases it turns out em that the Mother Priroda herself took care of placing the kid on a limited diet. The matter is that if the child and on the second year of life would continue to eat in the same volume (and speed), as on the first (and, respectively, continued to put also intensively on the weight and growth), then it soon could turn into the creation reminding most of all to Winnie - Down from the famous animated film (or little Mr. Pikvik from the well-known book of Dickens).
is considered to be that on the first year of life the standard child - if such children in general exist - usually triples the body weight which is available at the birth. On the second year of life children add only approximately the fourth part from the weight which is available to one-year-old age. Therefore the loss of appetite at children which is so disturbing most of parents - only the natural reaction of an organism of the child promoting his further normal physical development.other factors which there is a great variety can exert
On appetite impact also. As it is paradoxical, but escalating interest in world around most often disturbs normal meal. If on the first year of life meal was as if part of natural existence of the child, then after crossing of “one-year-old Rubicon“ feeding turns (from the point of view of the child) rather into an annoying break in “full of secrets and surprises“ lives of the kid considering himself independent and independent. Already mentioned independence can lead to development at the child of specific flavoring preferences. Besides, even such trivial phenomenon as a teething, can quite become the reason of considerable decrease or even total absence of appetite. The listed reasons far not completely explain refusal from at children of early age.
How to help poor eaters?
- Formation of the correct food stereotype is not so much fight against the child, how many a smart pedagogical combination against observance of some obligatory rules.
- be Always guided by appetite of the child. Let he with all the heart it is treated when he is hungry, and quietly you treat its sluggish “kovyryaniye“ in a plate when it has no appetite. Never feed him violently!
- Avoid food which indulges the child. Even eating of rather small amount of “empty“ products (candies, the fried or refined dishes) fills the child`s stomach, without leaving the place for normal nutritious food which it needs.
- Limit to
“having a snack“. Appetite at the child will surely improve if you limit quantity of “having a snack“ during the day a little though to cancel them completely - incorrectly and not physiologically. At the same time it makes sense to take care that the snack given to small children were vitaminized, not too sweet and high-calorie.
- do not give to
too much drink. Excess consumption of liquid occupies considerable part of useful capacity of a stomach of the small child and creates at it false feeling of satiety. Though appetite of “poor eaters“ can significantly improve if to offer them in a small amount fruit juice during meal for a zapivaniye.
- do not try to flavor food with fats and carbohydrates excessively. Addition in food of a large amount of oil or sugar (with the high content of calories) does not contribute to normalization of appetite of the kid. On the contrary, products rich with protein as protein provides developments of the child in a due measure are shown to children with the reduced appetite more. The quota of such “proteinaceous“ products as cottage cheese or meat, can be a little increased in a food allowance with the corresponding reduction of a share of other dishes.
- you Watch that the child carefully chewed food. It is not so important that it is a little extends process of meal, but also production of the gastric juice promoting appetite improvement increases. By the way, and culinary features of cooking also in many respects exert impact on processes of education and release of gastric juice: the food for children of early age has to be more gentle and demands longer preparation, than for more senior children and adults.
- do not forget
about walks. Walks in the fresh air contribute to normalization of appetite and allow to provide big physical activity and the corresponding power consumption.
- Support by
good mood at the child. Appetite in many respects depends on mood. It is unlikely the crying or capricious kid can be at the same time big eater. Therefore try that emotions of the growing little man were mainly positive.
- Be consecutive and persistent
(but are not importunate). Do not give up. The fact that today the child refuses flatly the porridge offered him or meat mash, does not mean at all, as tomorrow he will arrive also. It is regularly necessary to offer it various food and, most likely, the kid will gradually reconcile to inevitability of consumption of the offered food. And violent feeding of the child can soon lead to formation of a negative reflex on meal.
Loss of appetite at an illness
Some recommendations when the child got sick:
- to the Child needs to allow to drink more liquid, especially if the disease is followed by vomiting or a diarrhea. Liquid should not be too cold or hot. It is not necessary to give some carbonated drinks and liquids with strong taste, irritating mucous membrane of a stomach and intestines.
- do not give to
some cow`s milk and other dairy products if the child has gastroenteritis signs.
- Though usually does not arise need for observance of a strict diet (“for disabled“), nevertheless avoid products “heavy“ and rich with protein when at the child diarrhea is noted.
- Offer the kid something from his favourite food (that to encourage him), but the quantity of food has to be much less, than usually. Though as the child`s organism during this period is weakened, it is quite probable that he will not want to eat too much.
- Unfortunately, the appetite not always reduced reflects harmless and absolutely natural features of an organism of the growing child. Decrease or loss of appetite quite often are one of the first signs of its illness. Nevertheless you should not dramatize a situation and to show about it excessive concern as usually the illness (as a rule, it is the trivial cold called by ORZ) does not drag on for too long term.
- Having suspected
that the child is unhealthy, it is necessary to observe it attentively within several hours. At the same time the special attention is paid to pallor, changes of behavior (it can be both excess excitability, and excessive apathy), fatigue, unusual to the kid. Certainly, worthwhile will be to take the child body temperature (better repeatedly). If necessary it is necessary to see a children`s doctor in due time.
- In some cases loss of appetite can speak some specific problems with health of the child among which - conditions of food intolerance or an allergy to certain food with which parents “stuff“ the kid. Address the pediatrician, but do not try to reveal and eliminate food allergen independently. As a result of such amateur actions it is possible to deprive of the child of some irreplaceable components of food necessary for full development of the kid.
If the kid managed “to pick up“
Sometimes can turn out that the child “picked up“ something food (has repeatedly a bite between the main meals) therefore appetite at a table can be lowered. As specified “having a snack“ could be very much even nutritious (and high-calorie), in this case you should not worry.
If from time to time the child refuses food without any visible reason, then it should not cause big concern. Your child practically will always eat so much food how many to it it is necessary. If all the time to insist on that the child “well ate“ (in your representation), then meal threatens to turn into furious fight and, most likely, this fight you will lose.
should not mask unloved food by mixing it with another. Also you should not bargain, promising favourite food only after the child copes with hated to him food.Never show
to the child as far as it is important for you that it absorbed the food offered it. The child who realized this circumstance can quite begin to manipulate you.Little conservatives
Children of early age are extremely conservative
in the eating habits and addictions. For this reason to expand their food allowance it is necessary very carefully. In particular, if you are going to offer the kid a new type of food, try to wait for this purpose of the moment when the child gets hungry. Such approach considerably will increase probability that new food will be favourably apprehended by the child. to Young parents should be
ready to the fact that since second year of life (or since the end of the first) many kids like to show refusal of some food actively. The love only to the few dishes is rather typical for this age. The child can eat within several days or weeks, for example, only fruit or kefir, and then “to switch“ suddenly to meat and cheese. At the same time parents should not be too strict and exacting, trying to obtain all means that the kid consumed the types of food which are not fallen in love to him. Any of food cannot be considered absolutely irreplaceable and therefore practically any of them can be replaced with success another. It will be much more productive to concentrate efforts on trying to diversify as much as possible a food allowance of the kid. It in a certain measure will provide receipt of the majority necessary for the growing child of nutrients.
the Real problem arises only in case the child it is long and systematically completely refuses all types of the products necessary for ensuring full value of its diet, - for example, any vegetables, fruit or grain food. In this case it makes sense to change culinary features of preparation of dishes or to show an ingenuity (cutting food in the form of unusual geometrical figures etc.) that very much is pleasant to small children.Leave to
the choice for the child
the Food cannot serve in the way for a manipulation as the kid. The basic rule defining strategy of approach to feeding of small children can be formulated as follows: “It is not pleasant - you do not eat!“ Still at the beginning of 80 - x years the American pediatrician Klara Deyvis made the well-known experiment, having allowed group of children at the age of one year freely to choose food from the big range of the offered food. It is necessary to tell that at the same time parents did not take the slightest part in process of feeding of kids. Results of the specified experiment were simply stunning. It turned out that all children consumed so-called “well balanced diet“. Pediatricians understand a diet which daily includes food from four main food groups as this term.
Usually the children who reached one-year-old age are already able to construct independently the food allowance providing physiological consumption of all feedstuffs, necessary for an organism. At the same time it is not so important in what time of day or in what feeding the specified products are given.
is important to watch such indicators of physical development of the kid as body weight and growth regularly. If you are in difficulty from the fact that you do not know how to treat physical development of the child, ask the pediatrician to estimate his parameters (according to special tables). At a certain stage of development many small children are “poor eaters“, but in most cases the problem proceeds from the parents of the kid expecting that the child will follow certain food stereotypes (which he temporarily rejects). At flexible and natural approach this problem usually soon disappears.
4 groups of the products necessary for the child:
- Meat products (meat, bird, fish, eggs).
- Vegetables and fruit (in any kind).
- Milk and dairy products (cow`s milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, kefir etc.) .
- Bread and grain products (bread, cookies, porridges from different types of grain or flour, including rice).