Is on weather of
It is possible to call this diet of “Yin and yang“, it is possible - climatic. Essence one: that to us is, depends on in what climate we live.
Chinese divided all phenomena in the world into yin and yang - female and man`s, passive and active began. The climate did not become an exception: according to Chinese, it directly influences what needs to be eaten. And the most interesting that this the exotic, apparently, theory, will perfectly be coordinated with bases of Russian cuisine. >
At first we will decide
To Vologda behind a radish by p on coordinates. As the feminine of the yin is considered warm, and man`s yan - cold, to the first there corresponds the summer, and to the second - winter. Fall - transition time from the yin to yan, spring - on the contrary. In the same way, moving from poles to the equator, we change environment from yan to the yin. So, demand changes and a way of life in general, and food in particular.
the Food relating to the yin, more largely, more with pleasure, more fragrantly contains more potassium and others the yin - elements. The food - yan more densely, more compactly, grows more slowly and is less fragrant, in it there is more sodium and others yan - elements. So, fruit and leaves eat energy of the yin, and grain and root crops - yan.
Then that in the summer or in tropical climate it is necessary to include in a diet mainly fruit and greens which properties of the yin are most inherent. In the winter and in the north it is necessary to adhere concentrated and power-intensive yan - products. That is why a macrobiotic and other east doctrines consider that tropical fruits in a frigid climate and in winter time - not the best choice. They will not brighten up burden of long winter but only will loosen internal balance in an organism.
the Best health and long life at those who in every time and in each place eat that he grows there.
It does not mean that, having been born in Vologda, you are doomed to chew all life carrots and turnip instead of mango and pineapples. Go to a season there where pineapples ripen, and regale on them in the pleasure! In the same way the inhabitant of Latin America, having arrived to Vologda, will enjoy local exotic: black bread, a grated radish with carrots, borsch, buckwheat cereal with the Vologda oil.it is simpler than
the Russian ethnic cuisine quite corresponds to the principle of the yin - yan: it consists mainly of cereals (bread and porridges) and root crops (borsch, vinaigrette, the soared turnip...) and also from nuts, seeds and wild berries, more dense and compact in comparison with tropical fruit.
of Yang - any salt, chicken and duck eggs, caviar, beef, mutton, pork, veal, sausages, a game, chicken meat, a turkey, a goose and a duck, a pheasant, red fish, a tuna, a ginseng.
of the Yin - tropical fruit, dairy products, sugar and sweets, tea, coffee, spices, white rice, white flour, canned food, products with chemical additives - dyes, fragrances, vitaminno - mineral complexes, margarine, the refined vegetable oils, animal fats, mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper.
at the same time in the spring and in the summer inhabitants of middle latitudes eat with
more products with the yin - characteristics: salad greens, tomatoes, fruit. In process of a cold snap or movement from the South of the North, hot porridges and soups, vegetable soups on the basis of root crops, onions and potatoes have to become a basis of food. He, though came to Europe from the warm countries, well got accustomed as it was a vegetable underground, and so, sufficiently yan - a product.
Cucumbers, tomatoes and even cabbage on many signs belong to the category of the yin and therefore they are eaten both in Russia, and in Italy. But, being salted, they get yan - characteristics as salty taste in general belongs to yan. Pickles, tomatoes and cabbage - an integral part of the Russian winter table.
As for true ian - food, it usually differs in good “lezhkost“ and is perfectly stored without any processing as the same root crops, grain and bean. The yin - products long do not lie if to allow them to ripen, and for distant transportations remove them unripe. As a result inhabitants of other latitudes all the same receive not the real product and which ripened in way or storage or processed one way or another.we Carry out by
How to define what food northern, and what southern? In principle any product has qualities of yin and yang. It is important to reveal the prevailing factor.
- Fruits land, such as cabbage or pumpkin, is closer to the yin, than underground. The fruits growing highly over the earth, even more yin - they begin to keep up when summer energy reaches a zenith. Autumn and winter grades of apples are usually sourer than
- and are firmer than summer. Some of them do not eat directly from a tree at all. The more in them yan, the longer they can lie. Differ in a fine lezhkost such yan - berries as cowberry and a cranberry.
- Yang - berries keep up late in the fall, the yin - berries is closer to winter, and - for example, the wild strawberry and raspberry, - grow ripe in the middle of summer.
- the Food of an animal origin in general gravitates to yan, and vegetable food - to the yin. The yin - plants should be trained longer in the winter - in this case they gain qualities yan. The portion of salt gives the same effect.
- In the whole yin - the plants which passed hot processing slow down a metabolism and reduce the body temperature while yan - plants make active a metabolism and increase body temperature.
- the Most balanced and safe animal products - where yin less yan rather there is more: this is fish and seafood. It is useful to eat them with vegetables for mutual harmonization.
the Diet and climate
So what we have in the dry rest?
In polar and northern climate are preferable:
- cold-resistant cereals - a buckwheat, rye, winter wheat and barley,
- local vegetables, mostly boiled or stewed,
- products of an animal origin.
In a temperate climate:
- local cereals and bean (rice, wheat, oats, barley, peas, haricot, lentil),
- local vegetables, mainly boiled or stewed, and a small amount of crude vegetables, greens, fruit,
- is a little fish and seafood.
In subtropical and tropical climate:
- the southern cereals (long-grain rice, a kassav, a sago),
- large beans (pint, Lima),
- local vegetables, is a lot of salads and fruit,
- at least animal products,
- easy kitchen with the minimum culinary processing of products, use of vegetable fats and spices.