Types of systems of natural swaddling of
Are many mothers who, despite efforts of producers of disposable diapers (pampers) do not stop thinking aloud or about themselves that pampers - the evil. Even the famous pediatricians who are “giving a green light“ to pampers), do not convince such mothers that polymers on the child`s bottom - it is normal. Mothers continue to look for alternatives to pampers. Either jumping, or natural reusable diapers (system of natural swaddling) can be alternative to it.Today we will tell
about what natural diapers happen. At once we will please - such diapers already are in Russia!
the System of natural swaddling or natural reusable diapers represent the system consisting of three main parts:
- a cotton diaper (absorbs moisture and fixes inserts);
- inserts in a diaper (absorb moisture);
- the top woolen panties (do not pass moisture outside and provide the optimum thermal and air mode to skin of the baby). >
system of natural swaddling. Over time the skill will come, and you together with the kid will rejoice to the fact that you found golden mean - and the child is surrounded by all natural, and mother is not ready to drop from fatigue.
the uncountable set of options of the main component of system of natural swaddling - a cotton diaper Exists. These options sometimes quite strongly differ from each other - both the price, and convenience of use. Here we will tell about 4 types of cotton diapers, their features, pluses and minuses.
1. Knitted diapers with ties
the Basis the principle - the diaper is fixed on the child by means of ties (it is dimensionless option).
When using - should display a diaper and to tie ties.
Washing - some difficulties (it is better to erase diapers in a special bag, previously having connected ties that they were not confused). These diapers very quickly dry.than
Fixing and ability to detain moisture - impermeability for moisture is higher, than when using a folded diaper.
of Expense - minimum.
the Most known among modern reusable diapers. They were thought up in 1938 by the native of Italy living in Argentina who wanted to facilitate to the wife process of swaddling of their little son in gauze diapers. Therefore this diaper is often called “Italian“.
the Diaper with ties represents a piece of squared knitted fabric. In the top part (where the buttocks of the kid are located) a diaper wider therefore he “lays down“ around a stomach better. Two ties which are wrapped around a little body of the baby are sewn to narrower lower part, are tied by a bow on a stomach and fix a diaper. Ties regulate diaper width, helping “to adjust“ a diaper to any infantile “waist“ individually. The lower part of the “Italian“ diaper is strongly extended, it is put in a diaper and creates an additional layer - laying.
Exists night and day ways of swaddling. The night option absorbs more. The absorbing ability of a diaper depends on firm - producer and quantity of additional inserts (from a gauze or a baize). That is in the afternoon as an insert it is enough to use a baize, and at night (or on the street) a gauze or a gauze in combination with a baize. Thanks to wide top part and extended lower the sizes of a diaper it is possible to regulate. The diaper with ties can be used during the entire period of swaddling - of the very first days and until the kid does not grow up.
- Should spend an extra time in order that it is correct to put diapers and to prepare them for daily use. to
- Needs certain time correctly to swaddle the child and that the diaper “fitted“ well.
- how these diapers will sit on the child and to protect it from dribble, depends on skill of parents.
- of Difficulty when washing (in the washing machine of a tie of diapers can strongly get confused, and after washing both diapers, and inserts they need to spread out and give accurately the correct form).
- They available and inexpensive.
- Diapers these “wearproof“, them it is possible to descend from the child to the child.
- They quickly dry. Diapers with ties it is better than
- , in comparison with gauze, “fit“ on the kid well and protect from dribble. does not have
- need to buy diapers of the different sizes. It is possible to cost one, regulating it in process of growth of the child.
- This way of swaddling meets the highest requirements and does not create any problems with the choice of the top panties and romper suit (it is possible to put on panties of any style).
to Whom will suit this system? The diaper with ties will suit parents who are ready not only to refuse modern disposable diapers, but also to master this technology of swaddling. The correct swaddling of the kid, and also folding of diapers and inserts definitely will demand time and training. But such swaddling allows to experiment with inserts and to combine outerwear. In a word, leaves an imagination scope.
2. Cotton panties on flypapers the Basic principle - are used by
shorts on an elastic band or with a hook-and-loop closure, repeating a pampers form (several sizes usually are required though there are also “one size“).
At disguise - the smallest efforts as they are similar to disposable diapers of industrial production.
Washing - as a rule, does not demand special efforts; time of drying depends on firm of the producer.
Fixing and ability to detain moisture - as a rule, very well detain moisture and do not demand special skill at disguise.
of Expense - high, differ depending on firm of the producer.These diapers on functional qualities practically do not differ in
from disposable diapers of industrial production. Not only parents, but also grandmothers, and grandfathers will cope with them.
Unfortunately, this option the most expensive, as process of production of panties very labor-consuming. Besides panties of the different sizes will be required, that is there will be additional expenses because panties it is necessary to change everyone three - six months (3 sets on 15 pieces - on the S, M, L size will be required). If to dry panties in the dryer, then they from time to time will “sit down“ and the size should be changed quicker.
Exception:“ panties of one size“ (“one size“). By means of buttons or flypapers their size (width, length and volume of trouser-legs) can be regulated. It is considered that the set from 15 panties of “one size“ can be enough for the entire period of infancy. But an individual set for each child are too expensive pleasure, panties wear out therefore they will hardly manage to be used for other children again. The grown-up kid (6 - 10 months) will require additional inserts. Diapers of different producers can strongly differ at the price.
- Rather expensive (but is cheaper, than disposable diapers of industrial production).
- Long dry.
Pluses: >it is simple to strong to change clothes of
- (practically the same as to put on a ready diaper).
- High degree of protection against dribble. They are simple
- in use. > it is easy for li to erase
- . to
- As a rule, does not need preliminary folding before drying and before use.
- the High absorbing ability.
to Whom will suit this system? First of all, to those parents who are not constrained in finance. It is the good choice for parents who long time used disposable diapers and got used to convenience which they provided. Cotton panties on flypapers are often used by parents of the grown-up kids as they do not create difficulties to either the child, or adults.
3. The Californian diapers
the Basic principle - the diaper can be without ties, fasteners and other clamps. It holds the account of the top woolen panties on flypapers. Woolen panties with flypapers (from the felted wool) densely sit on the kid and therefore the diaper is reliably fixed. Besides, often to it inserts are not required, that is the system of swaddling consists in this case not of three (a diaper, inserts, the top panties), and of two parts (a diaper and the top panties).by
When using - use the small efforts.
Washing - the minimum efforts.
Fixing and ability to detain moisture - depends on ability of parents and quality of diapers and panties.
of Expense - above, than when using diapers on ties. Depend on firm - producer.Nobody definitely knows
from where the name “Californian diaper“ came. In America it is called “Prefolds“ (folds in front), sometimes - a “multilayered“ diaper “. Californian“ the diaper is rather easy in use. It represents the sewed rectangle from multilayered cotton serge. Thanks to it when using the dense fold which perfectly absorbs even without additional inserts is in front formed. Thinner external folds provide reliable protection against dribble. As a rule, the “Californian“ diapers happen three sizes, differ on length and, respectively, on density. The sizes of a diaper are picked up so that it is possible to put on the top panties of the standard sizes them - S, M, L or XL.
are Made by diapers generally of the bleached or unbleached cotton (unbleached cotton absorbs more dense and best of all). But these diapers have also shortcomings: in the first months of life of the baby their smooth surface not rather well holds a liquid chair, and they already not really well come to an end of the second year of life by the size and “fit“ the grown-up child badly. Diapers for the Californian type of swaddling of different firms of producers practically do not differ from each other.
the General feature of diapers with use of the fixing panties - lack of fasteners and ties. Diapers keep by means of the top panties which, in turn, are fixed by “flypapers“. Sometimes inserts in this system are connected to diapers. As the top panties are suitable for this system as panties from microfiber, and from natural wool. Woolen panties have to be from the felted wool as elastic bands on knitted panties easily stretch and, respectively, badly hold shorts - inserts. These diapers are rather popular as there is no strict division by the sizes, and it is possible to use two sizes of shorts at the same time.
- Bad protection against dribble therefore the top panties are quicker soiled. to
- Needs skill in order that diapers fitted well and carried out the functions.
Pluses:All components are very easily erased by
- and quickly dry.
- Quantity of diapers and panties for one child minimum. does not have
- need to put and store diapers definitely.
- the High level of absorbency (can vary depending on firm - producer). the Amount of fabric around hips of the child is minimum
- , it gives big freedom to the movement.
- of Folds behind and in front, opposite, much, it provides high protection against course.
to Whom will suit this system? The system of diapers with inserts and panties reminds use of ready diapers and creates less difficulties, than folded diapers or diapers with ties. These diapers - a good compromise for parents who want to save and at the same time seek to provide comfort and convenience to themselves and the kid. Having chosen these diapers, you will get rid of need previously to prepare inserts and to study various ways of swaddling, will not experience difficulty with washing and drying.
4. Folded diapersthe Basis the principle - big square diapers put
in the certain way. These are dimensionless diapers.When using - additional efforts in order that it is correct to fold diapers are required for
Washing - does not demand special efforts. Diapers quickly dry.Fixing and ability to detain moisture - is required to
some skill; the absorbing ability depends on the used materials and skill of the parent.
of Expense - minimum.
It is a traditional type of diapers which was used still by our grandmothers and mothers. Today in Europe it is applied extremely seldom, but at us, in Moscow, any practicing midwife can show how to put a diaper from a diaper. The first that occurs at a mention of it - it is big (about 80Õ80 cm) diapers made of cloth which put definitely and wrap in them the child. By tradition for this type of diapers the gauze or rag inserts (usually it was worn-out soft fabric) was used, but also that, and another possesses very low absorbency and is suitable only for newborns. Now there are systems of swaddling with terry diapers which absorb - at the expense of structure of fabric - twice more, than a gauze. At such swaddling special paper clips - clamps which strongly fix a fabric diaper can be used. Thanks to it it is possible to use these diapers not only for newborns, but also for the grown-up children. The technology of folding of diapers for this type of diapers can be mastered quickly, but it is necessary to fold diapers every time anew.
- needs to make efforts to fold diapers before their use.
- the Insufficient level of absorbency (if the gauze is used).
- a Large number of inserts in a set for one child, especially newborn. the diaper can limit to
- At some ways of folding the movements of the child.
- Not always manages to achieve a faultless form and to exclude probability of dribble.
- Having chosen this type of diapers, it is possible to save considerably.
- of the Diaper can be used then as napkins - bibs or in other systems of swaddling. > it is easy for li to erase
- of the Diaper, they quickly dry.
to Whom will suit this system? You should not choose this type of swaddling only from - for its “traditional character“ and relative low cost. The parents who decided to choose this system have to realize that these diapers in every respect very much differ from modern pampers. They should undertake additional duties and to find much more time and attention for both the kid, and diapers and diapers in which it is wrapped.by
Besides, correctly to learn to fold diapers and to wrap in them the baby, it is necessary to be trained at first some time, and then at each use carefully and accurately to put them again and again.
Gauze diapers can become the good decision for newborns when the absorbing ability of diapers is not so important. Further this gauze can be used for other purposes (as an insert in a knitted diaper with ties).