- breast milk (the alphabet of breastfeeding) of
G - breast milk
Why breast milk is the best food for the baby what in it such special, irreplaceable, unique? Perhaps, the concrete figures and the facts given below will be able to explain it:
- all substances, necessary for development of the child, in breast milk are presented in an ideal combination and in the necessary quantities: for example, gland in breast milk though is not enough, but it is perfectly acquired; at the same time is present at milk and laktoferrin, preventing development of anemia;
- of squirrels of women`s milk consists, generally of the easily digested and digestible serumal proteins;“ rough“ casein is 10 times less here, than in cow`s milk on the basis of which do the majority of artificial mixes;
- “anti-infectious factors“ of women`s milk (immunoglobulins of a class A, lizotsima, bifidus - a factor, etc.) prevent developing of an allergy, dysbacteriosis, otitises and other respiratory diseases, and also intestinal infections; fatty acids and the proteins (simple proteins) which are most suitable the baby are necessary to
- for development of a brain and nervous system of the kid, in combination with zinc they provide development of immune reactions of an organism;
- the necessary amount of calcium and phosphorus prevents rickets, promotes the correct development of bone system;
- breast milk contains a large amount of lactose (dairy sugar) that provides more than 40% of power expenses of the baby
- enough vitamins, including A, C, E, D
- in maternal milk hormones, living cells (leukocytes), a complex of enzymes, “a growth factor“ are - all this stimulates normal, adequate development of the child.
One more important point: from mother`s breast the kid receives the milk of the necessary temperature protected from influences of light and air without pathogenic microbes (which, though with a small share of probability, but can be present at mixes on the basis of animal milk).
a Number of special researches demonstrates that breastfeeding influences a state of health of the person further . At natural feeding there are various chronic diseases zheludochno less often - an intestinal path, diabetes, a hypertensive illness, coronary heart disease, etc.
Attention: quality of breast milk can worsen at defective food of mother (few proteinaceous products, vegetables, fruit), at direct contact of the feeding woman with harmful substances or the products polluted by these substances, at uncontrollable use of separate medicines.
Breast milk happens different (physicians often use the terms given below):
Colostrum - dense, yellowish color, the very first mother`s milk which is developed in the first few days. In colostrum there are a lot of immunoglobulins, leukocytes that naturally protects the newborn from infections and an allergy. Colostrum has laxative effect: promotes removal of meconium (first-born a calla), helps to prevent jaundice. Substances - “growth factors“ are a part of colostrum that helps intestines of the kid to get quickly into gear (all months of pregnancy mother worked for two!) “to ripen“. Colostrum is rich with vitamin A which reduces a susceptibility of a children`s organism to an infection, prevents diseases of eyes. You nurse the kid since the birth (can seem that it absolutely empty), even colostrum drops, especially the first minutes and hours are so important for health of the child!Mature milk is produced by
in several days after the delivery, the quantity it increases, breasts are filled, become heavy. This moment is often called “milk arrival“.Earlier (or “forward“) milk is produced by
at the beginning of each feeding. In comparison with late, it has a bluish shade; it is developed in large volume, providing the child with enough proteins, lactose and other components.Later (or “back“) milk “is made“ by
at the end of feeding, more white is rich with fats, and on color.
B - water: to dopaivat or not?
Breast milk is both food and drink at the same time: so-called early milk (at the beginning of feeding) the kid drinks much, receiving together to them a necessary amount of water. In the first 4 - 6 months of life the kid does not need additional water if you nurse him. Even in the summer. But you should not absolutize something, your peace of mind is more expensive: there is a wish to popoit to you the kid during a heat usual boiled water, you are sure that he suffers without it - of course, give to drink. But the baby crying with thirst can be given to drink also breast milk. Just a little bit more often than usually.