If you already have a child of
Expectation of the second or third child will seriously affect a situation in your family. But for the second time you are already more prepared and know what it is necessary to wait from pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period for.
the Age difference which you plan between the children, - business especially individual. If you decide to give birth to the following child in 2 - 3 after previous, it will help you to be restored physically after pregnancy and childbirth. If you plan one child behind another at once, it can conceal various difficulties if only you are not surrounded by a great number of assistants. However, years of sleepless nights will end in this case quicker. There are no proofs to the fact that the children who were born at once one after another have to have more than the general, than those whose age difference makes, for example, 5 years. Though they can begin to play with each other earlier and to have common interests and friends.
How to prepare child(children) for birth of one more child
- As soon as your pregnancy will become obvious, explain to your child with a simple language as the kid grows at you in a tummy and that it will be his new brother or the little sister. Try not to speak about it too early. In total - 9 months are very long for the child. Let to the child know
- how the kid is pushed at you inside. Encourage his conversations with your stomach - it will help it to feel part of the events
- Joint reading the books adapted to children`s age how the child is born, will help your son or the daughter to understand what has to occur.
- Even during pregnancy together with the child you descend in shop behind clothes for future kid. Let your son or the daughter will feel how the help in preparation for such important event is important for you. Be honest
- : tell the child as his life with the advent of the newborn will change. Calm, having assured that you for it will always have a lot of love, and you all the same will devote much time. It will be healthy
- if the senior child by the time of appearance of the baby on light prepares for it a gift with a message “welcome to our family“. In turn, the newborn can “present“ something to the brother or the sister as a greeting too.
- Try that during visit of the senior child to you in maternity hospital your hands were free for embraces.
- So far at home preparation for emergence in it the new family member goes, check whether was at your senior child of time enough to get used to the new environment. Having prepared for the senior a separate bed even long before appearance of the kid, you will avoid offenses from his party, having let to it know that invasion into his life and personal space will be minimum.
- Let your child will greet appearance of the brother or sister, having painted a picture which can be hung up in the nursery.
How to cope with jealousy
When the newborn already at home, your senior child can feel aside and begin to be jealous from - for the fact that mother pays bigger attention to the kid. Can tell aggressive mood of the child, a hysterics or deliberately “children`s“ behavior about it: he can think that if he behaves as small, you will give it as much attention, as well as to the kid. Perhaps, your child needs some time to accept and fall in love with the brother or the sister. It is normal, but you can facilitate this process.
do not ignore feeling of the senior child and do not tolerate them. Talk to it about what he feels, and try to understand it.Allocate to
some time every day to carry out it only with the senior child, for example, after feeding of the kid and during his dream. Try to give to the senior as much as possible caress - it once again will prove that you love it at all not less, than the kid. Listen to the senior child - it will help it not to feel rejected.Try not to say
to the senior child that you have on it no time because you are too busy by the newborn.Show
to the child as it is necessary to touch gently the kid and if it already rather big then and how to hold it on hands. So your senior child will feel the contribution to the events. Encourage desire of the child to sing songs to the kid, to play with his legs and handles, to consider his toys.Try not to promise
to the child that the little brother or the sister will become his friends on games. He can feel disappointment as newborns are able little before half a year.
Ask your child that it helped to change clothes of the kid, to expiate it.
in process of a growing both try not to compare one to another. At children the inferiority complex or, on the contrary, sense of superiority can develop.do not leave to
your child and the newborn alone, especially if you already faced manifestation of children`s jealousy.
How to cope with pregnancy if you have to look after children
By the end of term try to have a rest and put legs on a height more often.Explain
to your child(children) that you cannot play with them outdoor games as before. Try to occupy them with silent games which you can watch sitting (for example, drawing or game in the designer).If your child is still absolutely small
, try to do breaks on a dream together with it.Construct
the day so that morning left on household chores, purchases and economy, and try to arrange yourself “quiet time“ after a lunch.
If your child already big, you can drive it in kindergarten or a day nursery for some time in the mornings. It will allow you to have a rest a little. Or ask someone from friends or relatives to sit with the child from time to time.
If you have two children or more, your role as parent has to change. First you just look after children, but gradually you have to become for them the main organizer, the judge and the diplomat. Perhaps, it will be easier for you to operate your “team“ if you establish certain rules of conduct, the mode etc. Children need organized space: so it is easier for them to acquire what you expect from them. A certain mode will facilitate life to all family.Try to find
occupations which you can be engaged in all family: arrange picnic, go together to park where the senior children will be able to play, parents to have a rest, and kids to sleep in the fresh air. And the most important, do not lose sense of humour!