We raise healthy teeth. Caries of teeth at children of younger age. How to avoid also what with it to do?
In the previous article we tried to create simple algorithm of the house stomatologic program directed to that the smile of your child was beautiful, and teeth healthy. Today it will be a question of why all - caries develops and as to struggle with it.
Caries is the disease of solid tissues of teeth developing in time and/or after their prorezyvaniye with direct participation of microorganisms. At the moment prevalence of caries of teeth at children of younger age is very high (on average, 87% of children in Russia have this disease). Therefore each mother should face this problem practically.
Unfortunately, inoculations or caries pills do not exist, but implementation of simple recommendations will help to reduce considerably risk of its emergence and to reduce the number of painful teeth at your children.
So, adopt the following rules:
- Try to reduce hit of harmful microorganisms in an oral cavity of your child to a minimum. For this purpose it is necessary to follow elementary rules of hygiene: the child has to have own ware for food (plateaus, a cup, devices). Do not try food the child`s spoon, do not lick a pacifier. You remember: in an oral cavity of the adult there live more than 100 species of microorganisms, do not write off to share them with the kid!
- Meals at the child have to be strictly regular, and their duration no more than 20 - 30 minutes. Correct a situation at which each casual visit of kitchen is followed by “having a snack“!
- Give to the child less sweet, do not forget that there are tasty and useful vegetables and fruit. It is impossible to eat sweets for the night or between the main meals.
- you Teach the child to look after teeth from the earliest age. Own example is important - all children want to be similar to parents. You brush teeth together after a breakfast and it is obligatory before going to bed.
the Choice of toothpaste for children till 3 years should be stopped on the specialized children`s toothpastes which are not containing such active components as antiseptics and fluorine. Paste for kids there is no need to spit out or wash away during toothbrushing. Paste should not contain also bright dyes and strong flavoring additives since from - for sharp taste and a smell, children can not like the carried-out procedure.
the Optimum choice - R. O. C. S. baby paste. It is the hypoallergenic toothpaste intended for toothbrushing to children from the moment of emergence of the first tooth and till 3 years, i.e. till the moment when the child himself learns to spit out paste. Linden extract - the soft vegetable component possessing anti-inflammatory action (reduces risk of a possible inflammation of a gum in the period of a teething), the xylitol protecting young teeth of the kid from the bacteria causing caries, and the gentle sweetish relish impacting to paste is its part. The amount of paste necessary on one cleaning depends on the number of the cut-through teeth. Usually it is a ball size about a half or the whole pea.
the Choice of a toothbrush is not less important. In - the first, on the toothbrush chosen by you it has to be specified for what it age is intended (for example, “0 - 2“, i.e. from the moment of emergence of the first tooth to 2 years). In - the second, the toothbrush for the smallest has to have a supersoft bristle (on packing it has to be specified:“ super soft“). In - the third, the working part of a toothbrush, i.e. a head with shchetinka, has to be small and compact (the size of two dairy zubik), and the handle, on the contrary, big and volume that it was easier and more convenient to child to hold a brush in a hand. Replacement of a toothbrush needs to be made at least 1 time in 2 months and also in case the child had a catarrhal or infectious disease. Surely give
- to the kid vitaminno - the mineral complexes corresponding to age group of your child. The choice of a preparation and duration of its reception should be coordinated with the pediatrician and/or the children`s stomatologist.
- Watch that your child breathed a nose since oral breath not only leads to development of pathology of a bite, but also can become the reason of active reproduction of pathogenic bacteria owing to insufficient moistening of an oral cavity!
- Regularly visit the stomatologist (at least 2 times a year). It is necessary, first of all, for early detection of caries and the prevention of its complications.
If you were told that the child has caries, the following options of treatment are possible:
of Silvering of tooth - a covering of carious cavities the special solution containing silver ions. This procedure allows to suspend process of destruction of tissues of tooth temporarily.
- Painless method.
- does not demand processing by a drill.
- is not occupied by a lot of time, the child is not tired.
- Treatment can be turned into game (the child says that “to draw“ on tooth).
- the teeth Covered with solution often gain black color (it is minus for parents. I assure you that children have not complex concerning color of teeth at all, on the contrary, it is an additional subject of pride!) .
- Need of repetition of procedure each 6 months. by
- do not restore the destroyed solid tissues of tooth, defect is not eliminated.
Sealing of tooth - closing of defect of solid tissues of tooth with a seal after preliminary processing. Processing of a carious cavity can be carried out by a traditional way - by means of a drill; the chemist - mechanical when bring in a carious cavity for 20 - 30 seconds special gel then the special manual tool similar to hooks and rakes, scrape out the carious destroyed fabrics. After processing defect is closed by a seal.
- Completion of the lost solid fabrics in full.
- an Opportunity to fill the tooth emitting fluorine i.e. to strengthen tooth and not to allow microbes to breed further on its surface. Modern seals are durable
- and do not demand replacement.
- Treatment can be turned into game (the child chooses color of a seal).
- Treatment can demand anesthesia which choice (local or the general (anesthesia)), is defined by age, psycho - an emotional spirit, readiness of the kid for medical manipulations, and also the number of the affected teeth needing treatment. Duration of treatment is rather big
- (not less than 15 - 20 minutes), the child can be tired, close a mouth, begin to be capricious.
- Big sensitivity of materials for moisture presence (first of all saliva). It is necessary that the child held a mouth opened at all stages of statement of a seal.
Of course, having considered both options, you can refuse treatment, caries proceeds at children most often without serious consequences. The child does not state any complaints. Unfortunately, without in due time carried out treatment process will progress, and sooner or later tooth all the same will ache. And any mother on light is not interested in it.