Tape instead of paste
From what age it is necessary to begin to care for teeth of the little man? When they are cut? To what can lead insufficient attention to this problem?
is Advised by the associate professor of stomatology of the general practice and training of dental technicians of the Moscow state medical stomatologic university Elena Yurevna Brzhezovskaya.Rudiments of enamel of milk teeth begin to be put by
early when the germ is only three months old. As soon as future mother made the decision to give birth to the child, she already has to think of his future.
Often women behave incorrectly. Smoke. Want to keep a figure and limit themselves in food. As a result the organism of the kid during pregnancy receives less the mass of useful substances. Including calcium - the main construction material for teeth. On average 80 percent of small children in Russia have rickets. What to tell about children`s teeth here.
- what it is necessary to pay attention right after the child`s birth to?
- On a language bridle. At the time of the Soviet medicine dentists - orthodontists went to reception in baby day and checked congenital anomalies at children: splitting of the sky, the shortened bridles of language, lips.
the Shortened bridle of language meets quite often. Language becomes inactive. Operation is very simple: the bridle needs to be cut, and it is obligatory within the first two months of life. Now, unfortunately, there is no such practice.
- How the bridle of language is connected with health of teeth?
- It is connected with health of all organism in general and teeth in particular. At the shortened bridle and inactive language the child cannot suck and incorrectly breathes. It is, by the way, that moment to which it is necessary to pay attention to young mothers.If the child does not take
a breast, do not hurry to transfer it to artificial feeding. Carry to the stomatologist better - to the orthodontist and check whether it is necessary to interfere.
- What will be if operation not to perform in time?
- the whole complex of problems Can arise. The child does not receive maternal milk and it contains the substances maintaining natural immunity of the child. They are not, by the way, in artificial mixes. All immune system suffers. Allergic reactions can develop. It is formed wrong - oral - breath type.
Normal the child breathes a nose. And at oral breath it constantly slightly opened a mouth. There is a weakness of chewing muscles and muscles of language. They have to train when sucking a maternal breast. The wrong position of the lower jaw, anomaly of a bite is formed.It leads
to diction violations, and also to defective food. As a result stoop, the squeezed thorax, the lowered diaphragm, pathology warmly - vascular, nervous systems, early gastritises and colitis.
At last, weakness of chewing muscles and muscles of language arises - they have to train when sucking a maternal breast. The wrong position of the lower jaw is formed. Diction is as a result broken - the child does not utter the letters demanding active participation of language. And it leads to defective food.
At oral breath the child chews food insufficiently, tries to chew and breathe at the same time. Naturally, it is impossible.can be avoided
of All these problems if within the first two months of life to show the child to the children`s dentist.- Let`s pass
to more advanced age. When and how milk teeth have to be cut through?
- From 6 months to 2,5 - 3. Happens so that after 3 - 4 years any teeth were not cut through. The reasons can be much: genetic feature which is transferred on the female line and is shown at boys, violation of development of a fruit. But “nature abhors a vacuum“, including in a mouth. If one tooth is absent, then next bend, move, the wrong formation of all row begins. At the child these changes develop quickly.
- When and properly to teach the kid to brush teeth? And how to pick up the correct toothpaste?
- For the small child the operation “rinse a mouth and spit out“ - difficult action. It demands coordination of movements. Therefore it is better to begin to train since one or two years simply to rinse a mouth water and it is obligatory after each meal. In three years it is already possible to learn twice a day - in the morning and in the evening - to brush teeth. Here it is necessary to pay attention to content in fluorine water. Drinking water in some areas contains excess of fluorine in Moscow, in some - the shortcoming is observed. Both that, and another is equally harmful to teeth.
- whether you from a lack of fluorine Can recommend some means, besides toothpaste?
- At our university patented special “Diplent - a tape - F“ for fluoration of teeth. It well is suitable for the children living in areas with a lack of fluorine of water. It is pasted on teeth. The tape turns into the gel harmless to the child`s organism, and in 10 - 15 minutes is absorbed in enamel.Excess of fluorine causes
flyuoroz. It is uneven enamel with yellow or brown spots. If the child has such teeth, it is necessary to avoid toothpastes with the content of fluorine.
Against toothpastes with fluorine one more argument is - the child first can swallow paste. And it is harmful to an organism. Therefore nevertheless it is better if the first two - three years for toothbrushing are used means without fluorine.
- we Will pass to change of milk teeth with constants. How it occurs and what it is necessary to pay attention to?
- Second teeth are formed within the first year of life. Therefore during this period it is desirable that the child was ill less and received maternal milk.
Then should pay attention to appearance of teeth. You do not hurry to rejoice if at five - the six-year-old child “the Hollywood smile“. It means that jaws of the child are not ready to change of teeth yet. Second teeth are one and a half times wider dairy therefore before their replacement between teeth trema - cracks appear. If they are absent, then density of teeth is formed, they interfere with each other. The wrong bite is formed. Happens that the second tooth begins to grow when yet the milk tooth which roots out of time resolve as a result of an inflammation did not drop out.
At the child from 7 to 14 years a so-called replaceable bite. At this time it is necessary to watch closely teeth especially.
- Children now often chew chewing gums. It is useful or, on the contrary, harmfully?
- Of course to chew day and night as it usually happens, it is not useful at all. However right after food chewing gum can bring benefit. It strengthens salivation and as a result provides “washout“ of the remains of food from teeth. As soon as taste of chewing gum disappears, is terminated, and it needs to be spat out.
it is Very desirable to accustom to rinse the child after each meal a mouth. Then it will be necessary to chew nothing.
- We spoke about insufficient development of jaws of the child. Whether chewing gum can help to develop jaws and muscles? >
- it is better for p to Develop chewing muscles rigid vegetable food. Carrot, apple, a pear - such food not only will give to a young organism vitamins, but also will ensure the correct muscle work, will clear teeth and will strengthen gums.