And on Saturdays in institute or What is group of the day off
Ah, the higher education! How to find for you time when you turn for days on end as if a squirrel in a cage: work - the house, the house - work. To go to a correspondence department - then farewell desired holiday for long six years; to go on day - it is necessary to leave ambitions and career. And what I, the blunderer, did not study earlier? Though I, apparently, had an idea...
Group of the day off: to whom is it necessary? Family, busy and accurately realized need of the higher education.“ Graduates of high schools become students of groups of the day off seldom, - Alla Shestakova, the responsible secretary of the selection committee of Institute of economy and business tells. - As a rule, it is the adults who are accurately focused on knowledge acquisition. Middle age - 28 - 30 years. They for the first time study in higher education institution or come for the second (third) higher education necessary for further career development. The new specialty is preferred to be mastered on the correspondence form in group of the day off. This quite conscious decision“.
How many people, are so much also destinies: someone was limited in due time so-so - vocational education, someone threw higher education institution and went to work, and someone is forced to be retrained and receive the second highest. Both those, and others often choose group of the day off which in the popularity concedes unless to day form of education. For many study on days off - the only way out. On weekdays - work, on evening lectures is not present time, but to spend one of the days off at institute - the most optimal variant.“ The group of the day off is very popular, and its demand grows every year, - Galina Belkova, the methodologist of a teaching department of Institute of business and the right says. - Students - the people who were defined in life, greedy to knowledge. Graduates of schools will not be compared to them - many of them do not know what is wanted. But it is natural at such age“.the Group of the day off wins
also in comparison with extramural studies, not each employer (especially in the commercial organizations) grants to the worker the paid educational leave. To go twice a year on leave at own expense - for many unattainable luxury.
of Occupation is usually passed on one of the weekend - on Saturday or Sunday. Both days off are sometimes involved and even evening hours on weekdays it is (very rare). The schedule of lectures is hung out for the month ahead. At the standard schedule of study (once a week) students sit out at institute for 8 hours. Occupations can be both theoretical, and practical. Of course, it is heavy to sustain similar “brainstorming“ - but this hours-long information stream falls upon you all once a week. Other six days students have to digest heard in the head and fill up the knowledge independently.
- What form of education will is specified in future diploma
- you on days off Can use library, the computer hall, etc.
- What form of examination it is taken in this higher education institution - the fixed or current session - sometimes this question is essentially important.
Many higher education institutions, especially non-state, practice in groups of the day off the non-standard scheme of examination and offsets - the so-called “current session“. Students take offset or examination right after the termination of a course of lectures in a concrete subject. In such system there are a lot of pluses:material does not manage to be forgotten by
- - students take examination that is called close in the tracks
- for the gained knowledge the set of other, so important information on other disciplines does not accumulate
- it is not necessary to learn several objects at the same time as it occurs during classical session (usually students of full-time and correspondence departments go for examinations with the “square“ head).
Agree, it is consistently far easier to learn and hand over several objects, than to do it at the same time.
In some higher education institutions students of groups of the day off pass during a semester only tests, and examinations are transferred to session. But even such scheme considerably facilitates life, sometimes it is far more difficult to pass test, than examination.
And what is written in the diploma?
of Group of the day off, despite the popularity, is not in all higher education institutions yet. But time dictates the rules: this form of education is demanded and perspective therefore more and more higher education institutions use it in the practice.
the Most interesting consists that officially such form of education does not exist. Of course, it does not mean at all that higher education institutions break the law. Formally the group of the day off is a type of correspondence course and how to organize this training - each higher education institution solves in own way. It turns out that classes in days off are a peculiar adaptation of higher education institutions to needs of students.
As for future diploma which will be gained by the graduate of group of the day off, - here a situation quite foggy. In due form, in this document the extramural studies have to be specified. But one higher education institutions treat group of the day off as internally - the correspondence form, and others in the diploma write about the correspondence form, and in an insert specify: training took place on the days off. It is unlikely these subtleties will become a problem at employment (especially as, most likely, you already work), but if you want that everything was by rules, learn these details before receipt. Then “wave fists“ will be late.Students of group of the day off study
as much how many and correspondence students, - from five to six years (depending on higher education institution). If the student gets second or third higher education - three - four years.the Training material which is received by students of groups of the day off, certainly, is given to
of Pro et contra by
in reduction. But, unlike classical “zaochka“, occupations here all - is more. Besides students always have an opportunity to communicate to the teacher and to find out the questions interesting them. And all - it is worth preparing itself for the fact that you will study mostly at home in advance.All higher education institutions practicing training in days off try to provide to
the students with the same opportunities what students of a full-time department have. Library, a computer class, a language laboratory, courses of foreign - in good higher education institution all this has to function on Saturday and Sunday. But all - not to be trapped, is better to specify this question before you file documents. And, it is desirable, at students - they will definitely not deceive.
One more obstacle. It is good if you have a usual five-day week and if suddenly the sliding schedule? You want - you do not want, and the working days will periodically coincide with days off.“ Often our students literally run from work to pass examination, - Alla Shestakova says. - Employers are very severe in this regard - demand proofs that the employee went to institute, but not to Birthday to the beloved grandmother. So some should issue references almost each day off - was at institute, passed test“. If you have a schedule of work by turns, it is better to discuss in advance with the administration how you will attend the lectures which are dropping out for the working days.
of Difficulty which it is necessary to face during training:
- needs to reconcile to the fact that you will not receive a training material in full. 50% of information, and even are more, it will be necessary to scoop from textbooks
- day off at you, at best, once a week. And sometimes it is necessary to work and study days without a break... train for
- yourself morally and physically to the fact that within one day you will be “loaded“ a huge number of new and versatile information
- to study, in comparison with a full-time department, it is necessary longer (however, as well as in general on a zaochka) for half a year - year
- will hardly be possible to feel all delights of student`s life
- forget about a grant and the preferential travel card.
of Positive sides too:
- can combine study and work
- of days off a little, but there is a holiday which should not be spent for session (as on usual “zaochka“), and after the termination of the working day you are absolutely free (unlike an evening department)
- will constantly communicate and consult with teachers
- should pay for training in group of the day off less, than for training at a full-time or evening department
- in many higher education institutions in group of the day off the fixed session is absent - offsets and examinations are taken after each passable subject.
Oksana Sokolova, the CEO of recruitment agency “GOST - Yuniver“:
- the Form of education specified in the diploma is not so important. Bigger value has, how well the applicant had interview as brightly he showed the professional skills and personal qualities. Some organizations accept graduates of full-time departments. But generally in labor market experience, but not “crust“ highly is quoted. And each person is always estimated individually.
In my opinion, to graduates of groups of the day off the employer has no special relation. I can precisely tell one: ability to offer for the sake of knowledge the days off (at load at work), - the line inherent in the purposeful, hardworking and motivated person. It is an indicator of his active living position which in labor market is highly appreciated very much.