Technology of breastfeeding
How to hold the child:
- the Head and a trunk of the child are on one straight line.
- The child`s face is turned to mother`s breast, a nose - opposite to a nipple.
- The trunk of the child is close pressed to mother`s body.
- If the child the newborn, mother supports all body of the child from below, and not just his shoulders and the head.
How to support a breast:
- Fingers from below near a thorax wall.
- Supporting a breast by a forefinger.
- The thumb is from above breasts.
- Fingers should not be close to a nipple. > How to help the child it is good to ul to be fitted by
to a breast: to Touch
- by a nipple of lips of the child.
- To wait until the child widely opens a mouth.
- Quickly to move up the child to a breast, having directed his lower lip the pacifier is lower.
of the Technician of feeding: for
- of Companies of the child it is widely open and lips are delayed back.
- The nipple is deeply in the child`s mouth, at the same time a tip in depth of a mouth of the kid.
- Lips and gums of the child are pressed to area around a nipple (areola).
- The lower lip is put slightly further from the nipple basis, than an upper lip.
- Language is below area of an areola, closing the lower gum and a lip.
- The child has to take not only the nipple, but also an okolososkovy circle, is more from below, than from above.
Typical mistakes: the Child sucks
- or “chews“ only a nipple.
- Language works at a nipple tip.
- Lips and gums press on a nipple instead of an areola.
- Lips are soaked up inside.
the Child sucking only a nipple does not receive enough milk. As a result of it he remains hungry and becomes uneasy, and can even refuse a breast. The wrong sucking can lead to a nagrubaniye of mammary glands, cracks and an inflammation of nipples.Mother has to know
that if the child sucks correctly - at it the lower lip is twisted outside, at the same time the movements of muscles in the field of an attachment them to maxillary bones about ears, but not in cheeks are well visible. In this case load of a surface of a nipple is minimum since the child takes a mouth not only a nipple, but also an areola and the site of a breast located below where the lacteal sine enters. The child has to extend a breast in a form of a pacifier that is much longer, than a nipple. The nipple makes only a third of “pacifier“. Sometimes at the moment when the child just stopped sucking a breast, it is possible to see how the breast was extended.by
In certain cases, usually for 3 - 4 day when milk begins to be produced intensively, the nagrubaniye of mammary glands can be observed, the breast becomes firm, sometimes painful. The child can not always take such breast. In this case it is recommended to decant part of milk that the breast became softer before applying of the kid, and he could capture her correctly.If the child was sated with
, he stops sucking and itself releases a breast. He either is full, or is ready to suck other breast. Happens that the child falls asleep as soon as he releases a breast.does not have
need to interrupt feeding through a certain period or to take away a breast from the child. The matter is that one children lazy “sosuna“, and others on the contrary. Give to the child an opportunity most to solve when to stop feeding.
of the Reason of the wrong applying to a breast
- Use of food from a small bottle:
- Prior to breastfeeding
- At the subsequent additions to food
- Inexperienced mother:
- the First child
- the Previous child was raised from a small bottle Functional difficulties:
- Small or sick the baby
- Bad passability of lacteal channels
- Nagrubany breasts
- Late there began feedings
- Lack of appropriate support:
- the Missing traditional help and support
- Doctors, midwifes and nurses do not possess sufficient skills
the Frequency of applyings of the child to a breast
Applying of the child to a breast has to be carried out from the first day on any sign of hunger or discomfort from the child. Applying frequency to a breast is defined by need of the kid. The active sosatelny movements of lips or rotary motions of a head with various sound signs even before shout can be signs of hunger. The breastfeeding organized thus is called free feeding or feeding on demand.to
the Greatest complexity in such system of feeding is presented by the correct treatment mother of shout of the child. Even in the first weeks of life both pain, and an uncomfortable position, and irritation from a wet diaper, and the requirement of communication can be the reasons of shout. Anyway shout represents an appeal to maternal attention, and mother will quickly learn to understand its sense. Danger of a mistake - excess applying to a breast - does not bear anything bad for the child, he will receive one more confirmation of maternal love and participation. For the woman such mode, certainly, is more tiresome, but she has to understand that it is temporary, and the prize - is exclusively significant. Applying of the child to a breast on demand provides reliable formation of a lactation and full food providing for long term.newborns eat
In the first days of life very irregularly. In the first and second day they can demand a breast of everything several times, and in the next days to suck very often - the frequency of applyings can make 12 - 20 times and more in days. At the same time intervals between feedings of 15 minutes till 3 - 4 o`clock are possible. In process of increase in production of colostrum and milk, and also the best adaptation of the child to feeding the frequency of applyings can decrease at one children considerably, at others - less. Transition from the uncertain mode of feeding to rather regular takes from 10 - 15 days to 1 month.
Compulsion of the child to suck a breast on the mode in certain time interferes with normal breastfeeding. Frequent, not limited feeding by a breast at once after the delivery stimulates production of Prolactinum and, therefore, stimulates with an optimum image a lactation and promotes milk arrival. It also helps to prevent a nagrubaniye of mammary glands and problems connected with it.
of Advantage of feeding on demand:
- the amount of breast milk Increases and the Child amplifies a molokootdach
- quicker Less problems with a nagrubaniye of mammary glands
- easier gain the weight
- to create at the child skills of breastfeeding and by that to provide long feeding with a breast.
the Staff of department of children`s diseases of N3 with courses of endocrinology and homeopathy of FUV of the Russian State medical university of L. I. Ilyenko and A. Yu. Kostenko.
Article from the book “The Book for Parents about Natural Feeding and Rules of Care of Newborns“.