The child in an automobile chair of
Now in many families is the car, and parents with children daily make automobile trips not only in own car, but also with friends, and in a taxi. Therefore the problem of protection of the child in dorozhno - transport incident more than ever is particularly acute. Purchase of an automobile seat - the most important decision which needs to be made for safety of your kid.
For a start we will talk about the theory. In all Western European countries use of special devices for transportation of children by growth to 150 cm is legislatively fixed rule since 1983 which non-compliance involves administrative penalties, the increased insurance payments and others financially - legal consequences. At last and in Russia new Traffic regulations according to which it is offered to transport children growth to 135 cm in the special holding devices are costituted. And it is not a whim of traffic police, but an urgent need, it is no secret, that discipline of drivers on our roads, to put it mildly, leaves much to be desired. Non-compliance with new traffic regulations by the driver will cause penalties. Think: how expensively you appreciate life and health of your kid?
Finally ask yourself a question if you are able to afford purchase even of cheap domestic car with the maximum cost of 3,000 dollars whether then you in addition can spend 100 - 150 dollars for purchase of a children`s seat? Whether there is health and life of your child of this money? You will tell - I am a great driver and I will never have an accident. Really, the probability of hit in serious accident is rather small, but even the slightest risk remains risk, and if accident everything is happens, then it is already impossible to correct consequences. Then it is necessary only to regret for those security measures which could facilitate consequences or even to rescue the child.
besides, delusion concerning accident consequences - one of the most widespread. Can be traumatized by the kid even at simple sharp braking at rather low speed if the child is not in an automobile seat. At the same time the dangerous delusion is widespread that on hands the adult (mother / father / grandmother) in transit in the car will have a baby in safety. It absolutely not so.even at a small speed from 30 - 40 km/h with a force of both passengers of inertia are rejected by
At emergency brake application forward on a windshield or a front seat of the car. At the same time the adult, trying to hold the child, instinctively continues to press him to itself therefore the loading force forcing a backbone of the child to be extended increases even more that aggravates a possible trauma sheyno - chest department of a backbone. Then the child hits against a windshield or a front seat then the kid with all the weight is beaten by the adult, thereby practically without leaving to the child of chances of happy end.
Unfortunately, we have no opportunity to receive detailed and exact statistics on this problem, but we would like to share with you statistics and results of researches of the foreign organizations, such as Association and the Ministry of the motor transport of Great Britain, Laboratory on research of transport, Association of engineers of motor transport of the State of Pennsylvania.
- In any road incident at a speed only 45 km/h the child who is not in a children`s seat can be rushed forth by inertia force to a windshield.
- the Child can die even in case of road incident at a speed only 10 km/h.
- the Child sitting on a front seat can die if he as a result of incident at a speed only 10 km by its force throws out inertia through a windshield.
- not fastened passenger has 50% chance to be traumatized on speed of 45 km/h, and probability that the trauma at the same time will be serious or even deadly, is equal to 75%.
- Passengers on a back seat who are not fastened by seat belts during incident are additional threat as their movement can injure, and is even fatal, other people who are in the car. the child who is not fastened in an automobile seat in case of accident can hit with
- the driver with a force equal to the weight of an elephant calf.
- Only in Great Britain with introduction of obligatory use of special means of ensuring of safety in cars annually 500 children avoid death and 1,500 children avoid receiving serious injuries at hit in accident.
- In Great Britain (the population of only 56 million people) in 1997 as a result of automobile incidents 74 children died, 1,271 child are seriously injured, received lungs or average weight of a trauma of 15,938 children
- of 65% of fatal cases and injuries happens to the children traveling on a back seat, 35% - on forward. can be prevented by
- of 90% of injuries, and three of four fatal cases can not occur if the child is in the special automobile chair meeting the ECE R44 European standard. 03 and provided that it is correctly used.
- the Majority of accidents happen near the house and on not distant trips at an average speed of the movement to only 40 km/h.
So, you decided to get an automobile chair for the kid, but now before you there is a problem: how correctly to choose the seat suitable you?by
In - the first , be convinced that the seat meets the standard of safety of ECE R44. 03. Very often you will hear from sellers and producers about this standard, but what it means? ECE R44. 03 - it is the standard of safety, the detailed collection of rules to which there have to correspond the design and all technical characteristics of automobile seats completely to meet the requirements of operation. Before start in sale all developed designs of seats have to pass tests which will show compliance to the standard. Standards of safety for seats are regularly revised as cars and everything that is connected with them, very quickly change.
of ECE R44. 03 - it is the last edition which came into force on September 12, 1995 which establishes the following obligatory requirements:all seats of this standard have to provide to
- protection against lateral blow; by
- into classification entered group 0+ (from the birth to 13 kg), and also the color coding helping with installation of a seat:
- red color - installation by the person in the direction of travel,
- blue color - installation by a back in the direction of travel;
- all components used by production of a seat have to pass individual tests applicable to this component, for example:
Each test is shot by
- seat belts have to meet certain requirements of force of a tension and have to be a heat - hlado - light - and abrazivno steady;
- the buckle of a seat belt has to open with effort between 40 and 60 newtons (from 4 to 6 kg) in not loaded state and to 80 newtons (8 kg) in the loaded state;
- guides of seat belts should not allow shifts / slidings of a belt of more established norm.
- high-speed, connected to the computer that allows to see record frame by frame.
- during the test the dummy should not move for limits of a certain zone. Otherwise in case of accident the child in such seat can hit against other object, for example, a windshield and suffer serious injuries or die. During tests in the car the modeling clay for definition of interaction of a dummy with other parts of the car is used.
- the Speed of delay of the movement of parts of a dummy, for example the heads or breasts, is measured by special computer devices. If this speed is too big, then the child can get injured on a brain / bodies / skeleton similar to those which are received by boxers.
in case of successful passing of all tests the producer addresses to Agency on certification of means of motor transport which very carefully studies results, production drawings and the monitoring system of quality used on production and only after that issue of the certificate for sale is possible.
In - the second, the basic at the choice of a chair is a weight of the child - it, but not age, define the choice of a seat. The age of the kid is specified only for reference, and no more than that.All automobile seats are divided
into groups, depending on the child`s weight.
|Group||the child`s Weight||Approximate age|
|0+||From the birth to 13 kg||From the birth till 12 - 15 months|
|0+ and 1||From the birth to 18 kg||From the birth till 4 years|
|1||From 9 to 18 kg||From 9 months to 4 years|
|1, 2 and 3||From 9 to 36 kg||From 9 months to 11 years|
|2 and 3||From 15 to 36 kg||From 4 to 11 years|
In spite of the fact that many models cover more than one group, it is quite possible that you buy several chairs. Since a chair for the newborn and finishing with a chair for the senior children. Small caution - the seats combining several groups is very economical purchase, but it is necessary to know that at the same time they always though slightly - slightly, but concede on safety level to seats which are intended for one group. Why - you learn below.
B - the third , it is never impossible to buy second-hand seats. Moreover, we recommend to replace a seat if you had an accident. This results from the fact that:
- the seat can have damages of structure invisible to an eye;
- some parts can be absent;
- often the instruction for installation is absent, and the wrong installation leads to serious consequences.