After the delivery - to the manual therapist of
Pregnancy, childbirth, feeding by a breast are the periods of the maximum load on all organism of the woman and in particular on a backbone. If you after the delivery feel any for the first time arisen back pain, a small basin, joints of hands and legs or a headache, dizzinesses, then one of experts who can help in this situation is the manual therapist. Quite often see such doctors of the woman only in cases of obviously expressed, it is long the existing pain. Make thrifty use of the health, try to find time and to visit the manual therapist with the preventive purpose.
What is manual therapy?
Manual therapy (from the Latin word “manus“ - “hand“) - rather new section of medicine though similar treatment existed already in an extreme antiquity. It is the system of manual receptions directed to correction or elimination of the pathological manifestations caused by changes in a backbone, joints, muscles and sheaves. Medical impact on a sick site is carried out through the next healthy joints and muscles.
Manual therapy can solve the following main objectives:to Eliminate with
- to Redeem normal situation of vertebras and joints, their natural mobility.
- to Improve a muscle work, ligaments, internals and systems.
Manual techniques are divided
into diagnostic and therapeutic (medical). Is more only three thousand one main receptions. They influence locally (on points, body segments). At the choice of a technique of manual therapy the doctor considers age, character of a disease of the patient.
Diagnostic techniques. In position of the patient on a back or a stomach, or in a sitting position the doctor hands probes joints, investigates their mobility, volume of movements, estimates changes of curvature of a backbone, development of muscular tissue, reveals areas of the largest or smallest muscular tension, painful zones of a body, etc.
Before carrying out medical manipulations, the doctor will lead discussion with the patient, will find out associated diseases, will take an interest as pregnancy, childbirth, the postnatal period proceeded, will make detailed neurologic and orthopedic survey (a bearing, the patient`s pose, an assessment of a condition of muscles) and many other things. Additional methods of inspection will be as required appointed (radiological, ultrasonic, yaderno - a magnetic resonance, etc.) what it was impossible to make during pregnancy.Therapeutic (medical) receptions are conditionally subdivided by
on “soft“, or nonspecific when influence is carried out only on soft fabrics (muscles, ligaments, internals, etc.) and specific “rigid“ - “articulate“ when influence is at the same time made on a joint, an intervertebral disk, nerves, vessels of a motive segment of a backbone and soft fabrics. They differ with effort which is made at the time of treatment.“Soft“ influences are carried out by
with the minimum force within opportunities of muscles and joints that is more preferable and safe technique of manual therapy. In modern manual medicine this equipment was widely adopted. At “rigid“ influences possibilities of muscles are forced. The doctor will choose a necessary ratio and that and others the technician.
treat therapeutic receptions:
- massage: segmentary, weakening (3 - 6 min.) - a compulsory procedure before the following techniques as during massage of a muscle are warmed, prepare for perception of stronger influence;
- mobilization - the passive movements in joints within their physiological volume which are carried out not by the patient, but the doctor; manipulation - the movements in one or several joints which bring articulate elements to a limit of their anatomic opportunities at the same time can be heard
- a characteristic crunch; after carrying out manipulation the bed rest within 30 minutes - 2 hours and fixing of the relevant department of a backbone on 1 - 2 days is shown;
- a post-isometric relaxation - a mechanical muscle strain therefore they relax;
- the combined receptions.
acupuncture, a travolecheniye, treatment by bloodsuckers and other belong To auxiliary methods of removal of muscular tension and pain.
Contraindications to carrying out manual therapy are: osteoporosis (decrease in density of a bone tissue), oncological diseases, acute infectious diseases, exacerbations of a chronic infection, recent spine injuries, states after backbone operations, inflammatory diseases of a spinal cord and its covers, strokes, existence of signs of violation of mentality, etc.
the Spinal and epiduralny anesthesia applied at the time of delivery is not contraindication for manual therapy.by
Duration of a course of treatment
to achieve the minimum positive results of treatment, it is necessary to hold 10 - 15 sessions. Primary consultation can take 20 - 30 minutes, duration of repeated sessions is various: from 2 - 3 - x minutes till 45 minutes - 1,5 hours. Perhaps, 2 - 3 courses, with intervals of 1 - 1,5 month will be required. The quantity and frequency of the supporting procedures depend on expressiveness of pathology, on how recommendations are implemented whether houses gymnastic exercises are carried out. To some patients once a month, to others - two - three times a week suffices.
the Manual therapist - who is he?
In Russia manual therapy “grew“ from neurology. The manual therapist - it is obligatory the doctor with basic specialization “neurologist“ or “the traumatologist - the orthopedist“. Only these experts have the right to take courses on manual therapy and to receive the certificate after their termination. It is remarkable that our country became the first where manual therapy is entered into the list of medical specialties as independent discipline.
At the choice of the doctor should pay attention to its initial specialization. It is important that it had the certificate of the manual therapist of the state sample and worked in medical institution with good diagnostic base, it was competently prepared and caused your trust.Each manual therapist has to be extremely attentive
, carrying out manipulations. It is necessary to observe strictly the principle “do not do much harm“. Otherwise, at rough, inelegant performance of separate receptions, such complications as strokes, paralyzes, violations of a blood-groove of a spinal cord, fractures of vertebras, gaps myshechno - copular structures, formation of hernias of intervertebral disks are possible.
For maintenance of a good form in house conditions needs to carry out a set of exercises, directed to development of a correct posture, to relaxation of muscles. Special medical exercises are developed, and the manual therapist will surely pick up those which best of all suit you. Duration of occupations makes 25 - 45 minutes.Is recommended to be engaged in
in the evening, then in a night the organism has an opportunity to be restored completely. All exercises are carried out in a prone position, for an exception of load of a backbone and muscles of a back. It is impossible to do the sharp twisting movements in a spine column, otherwise it is possible to damage poyasnichno - sacral department as muscles did not get a necessary tone yet. It is good to pass with the doctor one - two trial occupations completely to understand their essence. Young mother has no time for diseases at all, she should be vigorous and healthy. We hope that the campaign to the manual therapist will help you quickly and to effectively overcome the indispositions which arose after the delivery.the Possible reasons of pains in oporno - motive system of the woman after the delivery
- the Muscular efforts made at childbirth can lead
to feelings of constraint, pains in cervical, poyasnichno - sacral departments of a backbone, in a humeral belt. Childbirth is the work similar to that which is performed at sports activities, and the unexercised organism hard transfers the raised loading.
- After the delivery from - for muscle strain of a pelvic bottom, a linking of a pubic joint, a backbone there is waist pain extending in legs, weakness in legs.
- After the delivery the pregnancies of a muscle and a ligament of a backbone weakened under the influence of hormones did not get a necessary tone yet, from - for what vertebras press at each other and on nervous backs stronger. Need to lift something heavy, to often take the kid on hands leads to emergence of pain in joints, muscles of hands, various departments of a backbone. Aggravation of already existing backbone diseases is possible.
- the stomach, a uterus After the delivery decreases, chest glands that leads to repeated change of the center of gravity, bearings and to redistribution of a muscular tone (during pregnancy the center of gravity was displaced at the expense of the increasing uterus, fruit weight) increase. Muscles have to “get used“ to a new state, get stronger and fully support a backbone for now it does not occur, vertebras will press at each other, from - for what there is back pain, is more often - in chest department of a backbone, in interscapular area.
- of Dizziness, heartbeat, the headache, a poshatyvaniye when walking, nausea can arise from - for changes of curvature of a neck at an inconvenient pose during a dream and when performing homework therefore there is a perezhimaniye of blood vessels and there is a deficiency of blood circulation.