Flu: to take root or not to take root?
Every year with approach to the oseena - a winter season we with hopelessness wait for the next invasion of epidemic. Actually, coming of flu became already something like planned operation on depriving of health. And in the same way doctors offer planned relief of our sufferings. In the form of inoculations.
On a question to take root or not to take root also that from this will turn out, V. TATOCHENKO, professor of Scientific center of health of children of the Russian Academy of Medical Science, Moscow answers.
- whether distinctions in strains of viruses as a part of influenzal vaccines Are?
- more than 20 years of WHO studying of anti-gene structure of strains of the viruses of flu circulating in the world carries out on the basis of what actual strains of viruses of flu A1, A2 are chosen, and In which with the greatest probability will cause bulk of diseases in the current year. These strains recommended to WHO are used by all producers of influenzal vaccines for the coming “influenzal season“.
- whether influenzal vaccines Are effective when the forecast of WHO about anti-gene structure of viruses of flu for some region does not come true?
- Such situation is possible, however and in this case the effect of vaccination as different strains of viruses of flu have the general anti-genes is noted.
- What age groups are threatened most of all by flu?
- children, since the second half of the year of life, not coming into contact with a flu virus yet are Most susceptible to flu (before they are substantially protected by maternal antibodies). The big susceptibility remains also at children of school age that causes, taking into account mass character of contact, the explosion-like flashes which are often a source of distribution of an infection among other population. Other especially susceptible group are elderly, patients of nursing homes at which immunity is weakened. Vaccination of these groups is the most important.
- For whom flu poses the greatest threat from the clinical point of view?
- Flu is dangerous to everyone because during epidemics also quite healthy people perish. However flu and its complications conceal the greatest threat for the small children and old men who especially have chronic diseases. These are first of all children with defeats of the central nervous system, patients with a warm decompensation (congenital heart diseases), pathology of respiratory organs (a bronkhoektaziya, a bronchopulmonary dysplasia, mukovistsidoz, bronchial asthma - at a stage of basic therapy), renal and metabolic diseases, gemopatiya, and also receiving immunosupressivny therapy, etc. Unfortunately, in Russia these states mistakenly are considered as contraindications to carrying out vaccination against flu.
- Why to adults recommends carrying out one dose of a vaccine, and to children - two?
- It is connected with presence at the vast majority of adults of immunological memory concerning anti-genes of viruses of flu so one injection has enough for its “refreshing“. To small children enter 2 doses only in the first year of vaccination, in the next years also do them one inoculation.
- As often observe serious collateral reactions to introduction of influenzal vaccines?
- At application subjedinichny and Split - vaccines - it is extremely rare. Usually it is about reddening of skin on the place of introduction and about low temperature within 1 - 2 days. At children any collateral reactions are extremely rare. Tselnovibrionny vaccines considerably more reaktogenna. As vaccines are prepared on chicken embryos, they are contraindicated to persons with anaphylactic type of reactions to chicken protein (i.e. giving immediate hypostasis of a lip or shock reaction in attempt to eat egg).
- As combine influenzal vaccines with other vaccines?
- Influenzal, as well as other vaccines, it is possible to enter at the same time and in any combination to other vaccines - it is not reflected neither in their immunogenicity, nor at a frequency and expressiveness of by-effects.
- Website “Flu. ru“,
- Website “I Am Not Afraid of Inoculations!“.