The real Moscow, Zamoskvorechye of
If begin to irritate you a rumble of prospectuses and grandiosity of the capital center, get into the subway and go to “Tretyakovskaya“ or “Novokuznetsk“.
in one other area such number of ancient temples and city estates did not remain. Any more this intricate ligature of the lanes and quiet courts disposing to rest and thoughts is nowhere. It is Zamoskvorechye, one of the few escaped corners of old Moscow.
the Settlement on the settlement
the District on the right coast of the Moskva River, opposite to the Kremlin and China - the cities in the 14th century was called Zarechie. Long time to lodge here was unsafe - low lands were often flooded during floods, and from the South attacks Mongol - Tatars threatened.Blossoming of these places began
with strengthening of the Moscow state. The first dealers stretched here: attracted proximity of the brisk road to Serpukhov and Tula. A bigger authority to Zamoskvorechye was brought by streletsky army which was settled here by Ivan the Terrible. Around the streletsky and Cossack yards as mushrooms arose craft settlements - smiths, skinners, monetchik. There was a brisk trade with the South, translators - tolmach lodged. In names of lanes - Kadashevsky, Monetchikovsky, Tolmachevsky, Cossack - it was held in remembrance the past of Zamoskvorechye and professions of its inhabitants.
the Most known settlement. The Kadashevsky art cloth and cloths from flax and hemp were delivered to the imperial palace in the Kremlin, to many cities of Russia, to other countries. At the end of the XVII century local weavers on the means built church of Revival in Kadashakh - one of the most beautiful temples of Zamoskvorechye. In 1812 French suited in it a stable, and, receding from Moscow, plundered it and set fire. The temple by miracle escaped. In 30 - e years of the last century in it on usage of that time equipped joiner`s shop. In 1990 the church was returned to believers. Now it is restored, but services pass regularly.
Sagittariuses “walked“ on Yakimanka
the Name of Pyatnitskaya Street is connected with church Paraskev Friday. The church stood where today there is a land lobby of station the place “Novokuznetsk“. The great martyr Paraskeva (Friday on - it is Greek) was very esteemed in orthodox Russia. This sacred patronized travelers therefore temples and chapels in her honor often put at main roads. The church was held in special respect as the wonder-working curing icon was stored in it. The wooden iconostasis known to all Moscow was one more local relic a surprising carving. In 1934 when the city authorities intended to continue the Boulevard ring across the territory of Zamoskvorechye, Paraskev demolished Friday the temple. As often it happened in our history, grandiose plans remained on paper, and here managed to destroy the most valuable monument.
But nearby, at the corner of Pyatnitskaya and Klimentovsky Lane, the church of the Pope Kliment, one of the best samples of the Moscow baroque remained. On August 24, 1612 on this place the most important battle of the Time of Troubles took place: Cossacks and Kuzma Minin`s rebels broke group of the hetman Hodkevich which broke to the Poles besieged in the Kremlin.you will find
On Pyatnitskaya, perhaps, most of all historical buildings. In the house 12 Lev Tolstoy wrote “Cossacks“, and in the building on a joint with Valovaya Street at the beginning of the XX century there was a printing house of the famous Russian publisher Sytin, one of the largest in Europe.
If you got to Zamoskvorechye, be not too lazy to walk and on other its streets - there too everything breathes history. Across Big Ordynka, apparently from the name, there passed the road from the Kremlin to the Golden Horde. In vicinities of the Big Clearing there was a Mint, in the XIX century on it there lived Apollon Grigoryev and Afanasy Fet. And the Region of Yakimanka once was called “Fruit liqueurs“. Foreigners held taverns here, and the Sagittariuses living in the neighbourhood often dropped in to pass a pile - another. “Pour-!“ - they shouted all around to owners of pubs. Many and nicknamed Zamoskvorechye - “Pour -“, or “Fruit liqueur“. This word remained in the name of the nearby lane - Spasonalivkovsky.Study
, “new Russians“!History of Zamoskvorechye is closely connected by
with names of the largest Russian patrons - Tretyakov, Morozov, Bakhrushiny, Ryabushinsky. To learn about it in more detail, it is worth glancing in the Museum of patrons and philanthropists on Donskaya Street. It is placed in a mansion of the end of the XIX century which in itself - a striking example of philanthropy. The building belonged to the famous Moscow industrialist and the house owner, the gentleman of five Russian awards for charity Ivan Grigoryevich Prostyakov who on the money contained in it elementary school. Later here were the dining room for starving, national library. Today the museum became a peculiar club where, alas, infrequently - descendants of childbirth meet, it is a lot of made for the city.
In Zamoskvorechye also the best-known gift of the Moscow patronage is. Of course, the speech about the Tretyakov gallery - the world`s largest meeting of the Russian painting and graphics. Just in case, if who forgot partially: and rublevsky “Trinity“, and “Christophany to the people“, and “Demon“ - all this here, in Lavrushinsky Lane. 1856 when the hereditary merchant Pavel Mikhaylovich Tretyakov got the first works of the Russian artists is considered date of foundation of gallery. Shortly before death he donated the collection to Moscow. At the end of the last century the gallery was reconstructed and expanded, having attached one more case. Architects say that they as much as possible kept historical appearance of the building created on V. M. Vasnetsov`s project. There are, however, pessimists claiming that reconstruction broke unique building of old Zamoskvorechye. .