As it is correct to store things of
to you it is necessary to throw out a half of the fact that you store in the house and office. You do not trust? We will show this simple ten-landmark program on the example of a usual case, but it can be applied also to the milliard enterprise. Let these principles will help you.
One my friend stores everything. His house and office are filled with boxes, folders, books, clothes, pictures - all this is dumped in such disorder that even it agrees that both rooms look worse, than after bombardment. When I asked why to it all this, he answered that, perhaps, something still is required to it, and after it these things will remind of it to descendants. It simply became at it a habit. Has to notice that the behavior of my acquaintance is quite typical for many people.we Collect by
Similar collecting all things which ever used, was widely adopted only in the last 50 years. Perhaps, it is connected in some way with economic wellbeing of society, but, in my opinion, occurs from - for falling of level of organization.
the Decision to get rid of some thing demands actions “forever“. Our reason just cannot sometimes take such constancy, maybe, from - for reminders on that, as we are not eternal. Besides emotional connection with this subject, the memoirs arising when we incidentally will come across it, just do not allow to take it and to throw out as if so we throw out also part of the past.Emotional communications with old things are important
, but if you store a memorable ringlet from casual appointment in the fourth class of high school, most likely, you went too far.
Throw out a half of what you would store
If you treat the majority, then you should throw out a half of the fact that you store in the house and office too. You do not trust? Then walk on all the rooms and attentively look what there is, then select what, in your opinion, should be thrown out. It is sure, you passed something. And so there will be all the time. But only present, you will become how happier, having decided what you want to get rid of. The similar decision demands courage, self-discipline and at least two attempts. Irrespective of, you decided to sort the case, the storeroom, garage or a leased warehouse, set to yourself the object to throw out not less than a half of things for the next 30 days.
of the Rule of selection
Making the decision whether it is worth storing this or that thing in the house or office, ask yourself the following questions. whether
I Took this thing in hand at least once for the last year? the Answer “yes“ does not mean that it should be kept (you could shift it because it disturbed), but if the answer “no“, then, most likely, is time to leave a thing.If is not present
whether then it for me has sentimental value? Try to approach an assessment of this thing logically: whether it is family value whether you want to leave it in inheritance to children and grandsons, whether you can expose it on a public inspection and be proud of it? If you cannot give the clear answer to similar questions - throw out!
If this thing is not of any sentimental value whether it is worth leaving it “on everyone the firefighter“? By no means! Even if your first impulse will be to put this thing there from where you got it, you will throw out it somewhat quicker. It will help you to destroy an old habit of uncontrollable “collecting“.If you leave to
something only on a habit, throw out it without reflecting!the Case - the best place for storage of any things
you will find
everything In the case: regiments, offices of the different size where it is possible to put or hang up clothes, bags, suitcases - everything that it is necessary for you both every day, and several times in a year. But do not turn it into a crypt in which not only illusive memoirs, but also quite real useless stuff which you will never use are buried.
If you want to learn to put all the “left-luggage offices“ in order, take into consideration the following councils.
- of At first pull out all contents outside . Everything it is correct to organize the only way - to start “with a clean slate“. Pull out all things that it was necessary to touch everyone at least twice: - pulling out the first time, - putting the second back or throwing out.
- of Divide all things into four parts :
- what you use daily;
- what you use at least once a week;
- what you take at least once a month;
- what you did not concern at least a month any more.
- of Attentively sort things which you do not use month :
- seasonal things which will be useful to you next winter, in the summer, in the spring, in the fall;
- of a thing, not depending on a season which you put in a case and then simply forgot.
- of Put “the forgotten out-of-season things“ in two big boxes . Call one box “to Give“ - in it you will pack things of which it is time to get rid long ago, but to throw out the hand is not raised. It is possible to contact any charitable organization. So you make room in the house and at the same time will help persons in need.
the Second box under the name “Throw out“ will contain things which are a shame for giving on charity. They became obsolete therefore just release them.
- of pay attention to “seasonal things“ Now to decide whether it is worth leaving them in a case or it is possible to transfer to other place “poste restante“ . If you are a happy owner of the huge built-in case, can do everything and to leave. If you lack the place in a case catastrophically, put things which will not be necessary for you the following not how many months, in boxes or packages, and clean to other place: storeroom, mezzanine, garage, attic.
- Reconsider “what you take at least once a month“ and send some things to boxes “to Give“ and “Throw out“ . It is the most difficult step. Pay attention to objects which you just shift from place to place because they disturb you. If matter in it, without deliberating get rid of similar stuff. Put
- back in a thing case, remained from “that which you take at least once a month“ . Begin with objects which you use most less often - arrange them in the most far corner of a case or the shelf. Do not throw them anyhow, and accurately put, hang up or put; only in a month you should get them therefore ensure their availability. Do the same and with other things, and access to objects which you use most often has to be the simplest.
- put “Now those which you use not less once a week“ , without forgetting to postpone at the same time superfluous in the same “to Give“ and “Throw out“. The same rule - be accurate and consecutive, constantly you remember boxes “to Give“ and “Throw out“.
- I in the latest turn place the things used daily . Do it so that it is possible to get them at prime necessity.
- Repeat this procedure each half a year . After reorganization of space for storage you are surprised to quantity of things without which you easily did, and thought that you will not be able to live.
We showed you this simple ten-landmark program on the example of a usual case, but it can be applied also to the milliard enterprise. Let these principles will help also your system of the organization.
of the Rule of selection in business
One my friend invested the capital in beginning, but potentially successful companies. Has to notice, he understands little in in what these companies are engaged, but he with enviable intuition defines whether this or that enterprise will be able to make for it profit. I did not keep from a question how he manages to foresee the future so. He was let in accounting calculations, and then added:“ I always come into storerooms of the companies in which I gather to invest money. Everyone can bring a perfect order to office, especially if expects the potential investor. But only thanks to storerooms I can understand whether enough the attention is given in this company to trifles and whether it is worth trusting in this enterprise“.If you knew
how many my friend earns, his council would not seem you words of the madman.
Here some more moments to which it is necessary to pay attention.
- you do not store files with which you do not work any more. to
- If the file is not necessary to his author, then why it to you?
- Always you hold reference materials near at hand. If you do not use
- any thing, give it to somebody or you will just throw out.
in the reduced translation from English.