How to cope with fever at children? Fever in translation from Greek means
“heat, a fever“. It is some kind of protective reaction of an organism which arises in response to impact on an organism of the child of so-called pyrogene factors (viruses, bacteria, toxins, etc.) . Fever is always followed by temperature increase of a body. Feverish process takes place three stages in the development:
- in the first stage body temperature increases;
- in the second it remains some time at the increased level;
- in the third stage body temperature decreases to initial level.
Rise in body temperature at children is followed by a phenomenon of “goose-pimples“ which is caused by narrowing of superficial vessels of skin therefore its temperature decreases by several degrees, there is a feeling of cold - a fever. In response to it body temperature rises and there is that for some time (days, hours). Skin becomes hotter to the touch, there is a feeling of heat. After cancellation of harmful substances (pyrogenes) body temperature decreases. Decrease in body temperature can variously proceed: gradually within several days or quickly within several hours. Sharp decrease in body temperature is followed by sharp expansion of vessels and if it is combined with an infection, then there can be a life-threatening state - the collapse which is followed by loss of consciousness. The similar state can be caused by reception of febrifuges on the basis of an ibuprofen, metamizol (analginum) and acetilsalicylic acid (aspirin).
Against fever kids can have spasms. There are a headache, drowsiness, feeling of weakness, the increased painful sensitivity of skin. The diseases which are followed by fever can proceed as with the phenomena of oppression of nervous activity (apathy), and with hypererethism. There can be a nonsense and hallucinations. Frequency of dykhaniye increases. Appetite decreases. The child loses flesh.How to look after the child at the increased temperature to
- to Children in such state the bed rest is necessary for
- Can offer the child food on the usual mode of feedings, however, it is impossible to force the child is. The food has to be liquid, easily usvoyaemy: broths, kissels, mashed potatoes. It is necessary to exclude greasy and fried food.
- the Drinking mode is an important component in knocking over of fever. The volume of daily requirement of liquid is determined by the doctor taking into account losses of liquid with breath, sweating, urine. For a vypaivaniye it is possible to use broths of herbs, fruit drinks, compotes, medicamentous means: physiological solution, regidron, etc. At unwillingness of the child to drink it is necessary to give liquid to the child on 1 teaspoon each 10 minutes within several hours.
- needs to exclude bathing of the child before normalization of body temperature. Bathing is replaced with rubdown by a damp towel. Air temperature in the room has to
- is in the usual physiological mode: for kids of 25 - 26 °C, children of advanced age - 22 - 23 °C.
Temperature increase of a body to 38,5 °C at infectious diseases does not demand reception of medicines. The exception is made by children of risk group: with defeats of nervous system, inclined to spasms, a serious congenital illness to which febrifuges are appointed already at body temperature from 38 °C. At such body temperature development of microorganisms is slowed down, immune mechanisms of protection are stimulated.
Temperature increase of a body is higher than of 38,5 °C poses threat first of all for a brain that defines need of intensive fight against fever. At body temperature above 38,5 °C decrease it should be begun with physical methods of cooling: rubdowns by weak solution of vinegar, cool napkins on a forehead and in inguinal folds of the child, etc. In the absence of effect appoint febrifugal medicines. The choice of preparations depends on the disease which caused fever.
At infectious fever of an antipiretika is appointed along with antibacterial or anti-virus means.
For fall of temperature of a body at children a preparation of the choice is paracetamol . And it is desirable for children to give special children`s forms, for example, Children`s Panadol suspension. Such choice is defined first of all by high safety and efficiency of a preparation.
the Big dignity of Children`s Panadol is also the possibility of its application, since first months of life, unlike preparations on the basis of an ibuprofen which are resolved only from the second half of the year of life.It is important to know
| of |
Thus, at fever at children a preparation of the choice is paracetamol (for example, Children`s Panadol). It provides smooth decrease in body temperature at feverish states and has the bigger range of safety in comparison with other febrifuges (an ibuprofen, acetilsalicylic acid, analginum, etc.)
P. S. It is necessary to pay attention that Children`s Panadol reduces body temperature to 37. 5 °C, than are provided the optimum temperature condition allowing immune system of the child to struggle with viruses and bacteria.