In days sad the Lent of
during the Lent in Russia “mourned“ the whole world. Now number of the people observing a post, far more modestly. Because, probably, that recipes of tasty fast dishes know the few today.
the Post without furnace - not a post
“Hunger - the best seasoning to food“, - the author of “The encyclopedia of orthodox ceremonial kitchen“ considers - zha Lyakhovskaya. But, despite obvious advantage of starvation, forty nine fast days from Maslenitsa till Easter cause horror in many. And it is unsurprising. Present, since morning instead of a habitual breakfast waits for you tyurya - the cold added some salt water with pieces of black bread and onions. Then you rush on service where in a lunch break you get from a package a crude radish, two carrots and a thermos with pea kissel. And in the evening you wait “pie with anything“ and potato with vinegar. > Tasty Lent food which for centuries encouraged the baptized people it is difficult to p to prepare
today. Well as without the Russian furnace with its fantastic opportunities which are not reproduced by microwave monsters to weld a solodukha or the vole, a kulaga and oat flour? And where to take pripechek on which the solodukha was brought to perfection? Or where, tell, to get a kolotovka - this irreplaceable great-grandmother of the mixer? From where, at last, in our economy rye malt, buckwheat flour, the real oat flour? And still a rarity of “fast“ products and lack of ancient utensils - not the reason that to refuse a post.
the Lent will put the tail between the legs
Only profane persons consider the Lent as gastronomic punishment. Actually Lent table is far more appetizing, than it seems. And orthodox lents are not more terrible than numerous fashionable diets at all. At last, “not food angrily, and gluttony“ - St. Maximus the Confessor claimed. To it as church choir to the deep-voices deacon, also modern nutritionists amicably join: many improving techniques are constructed on centuries the verified church experience.
From four multi-day posts Great - main and the most strict. It lasts seven weeks.the post was severe
at the beginning of Orthodoxy, especially for clergymen: to three o`clock in the afternoon they ate nothing, and later satisfied hunger with bread and vegetables. But for long centuries monks invented the mass of ways to brighten up poor and monotonous fast food. Various seasonings - gravies and stewed fruit were for this purpose used. Skillfully the set of dishes from mushrooms prepared, it is a lot of stored in monastery storerooms. The made haricot was one of traditional monastic dishes on a different harmony. And how many tasty dishes prepared from potatoes - and not to count! Not without reason monasteries still are famous for the remarkable art of cookery.
the Church charter allows
- On a visit when refusal can embarrass or confuse owners, a post is allowed to be broken. You can involuntarily point by refusal to owners to them “terrestrial filth“ against own “sanctity“.
- Receiving guests, it is better to offer them both fast dishes, and ferial to avoid excessive demonstration of the beliefs. Someone has them others. Observance of a post means first of all humility and sincere mildness.
- the People occupied with hard physical work have to abstain only from meat. That the poshcheniye did not lead to a sharp decline of forces, on some days with the permission of the priest it is allowed to taste vegetable oil, fish or dairy products. Same
- - for pregnant women and patients, depending on the diagnosis and personal needs. These believers can eat even chicken, the strict ban is imposed only on red meat.
- to Children from 3 years without harm for health can abstain from meat and dairy products on Wednesdays and Fridays. From 7 years - to limit sweets, to refuse red meat for all the time of a post, and fish and milk to use on days off or in all days, except Wednesday and Friday. to Travellers allowed not to observe
- a post as earlier any road was difficult. Today it is easy to pick up a lenten menu to the road, but the exception for travelers remains.
- Any person has the right to break a post in the constrained conditions, when there is no the choice in food (army, hospital, etc.) . In usual conditions it is necessary to get rid of the ferial food which remained by the beginning of a post.
of Solodukh or the vole - the liquid soup from the fermented rye test filled with onions, dried mushrooms, sun-dried fish and snetka.by
Oat flour - oats grains flour which are steamed, dried up, fried previously and is purified. Earlier from oat flour molded small fishes and cockerels.
Pripechek - a stove bench at the furnace. From solodukhy threw pieces of ice or snow that it did not overheat into the pot put on pripechek, then sent to the istoplenny furnace that began to boil, after - on the warm furnace that it was drawn, finding grain turned sour - sweet taste, honey aroma and pink color.
of Kolotovk - a wooden nimbus, a verticil for knocking down of cow oil. It is cut out from the young, carefully pared down pine tree, leaving fanlike thin knots 3-4 cm long