Viral hepatitis C: symptoms. As the illness is transmitted: 5 ways for an infection of
Today, in the World day of fight against hepatitis, we will talk about one kind of this disease. Viral hepatitis C - what is it? Symptoms and prevention.
Viral hepatitis C is the infectious disease of a liver proceeding in sharp and chronic forms. The sharp period of viral hepatitis C proceeds, as a rule, 6 months, and in 50 - 80% cases the disease gains chronic character 1 . In the world by estimates of WHO approximately 150 million people have a chronic viral hepatitis S (HGS). Every year catch a virus of 3 - 4 million more people and more than 350 thousand die 2 . Unfortunately, the quantity infected in the world steadily increases, and Russia is not an exception. In the Russian Federation from 2 to 5 million people are infected with a hepatitis virus With 3 .
the Relentless facts
- In comparison with 2000 - 2001, in 2011 in a number of regions of the Russian Federation the number of pregnant women with existence in blood of antibodies to a virus of hepatitis C increased by 3 - 5 times. Therefore all pregnant women pass inspection on viral hepatitis C . In some cases viral hepatitis C is combined by
- in HIV - infections; in 22% of cases - with viral hepatitis In 4 . With HIV is available for 75 - 85% of patients to - infection with a virus of the hepatitis C. Therefore at the diagnosis of viral hepatitis C is necessary inspection on HIV - an infection and viral hepatitis B .
- In most cases (60 - 80%) viral hepatitis C in the sharp period proceeds without jaundice, and is shown by weakness, fast fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting; joint pains, skin rash. Therefore the diagnosis of viral hepatitis for many is unexpected.
From where the trouble comes?can Catch
a hepatitis C virus at contact with blood or allocations from genitals of infected. Therefore for the prevention of infection with a virus of hepatitis C it is necessary to avoid the main ways of a transmission of infection :
- Unsterile equipment:
- when performing any injections, including, at injection and even inhalation introduction of narcotic preparations;
- in the stomatologist`s office;
- when performing medical procedures;
- when performing tattoos or piercing.
- Blood transfusion or the products of blood received from the infected person.
- Sexual contact with infected (in heterosexual monogamous couples risk low)
- Transfer of a virus from the infected mother to the child at the time of delivery
- Use of objects on which there can be remains of blood of the patient with viral hepatitis C: safety razor, toothbrush, manicure accessories.
the Diagnosis of viral hepatitis C, as a rule, takes the person unawares when he receives the results of analyses which are handed over for carrying out operation, and at women - at planned inspection during pregnancy. It is not surprising, hepatitis About often many years proceeds asymptomatically. Some try to hide the disease, despair, and waste precious time: “It is necessary to address the expert as soon as possible and to begin adequate treatment, but it is necessary to change a way of life and to strictly observe appointments of the doctor. The pregnant infected women also should not be afraid as the chance of the birth of the healthy kid is high, risk of transfer of hepatitis C at the time of delivery not high - 1 - 2%. Risk to infect the child when feeding with a breast practically is absent“ , - professor, MD, the head of department of hepatology of TsNIIG (Central Scientifically - Research Institute of Gastroenterology) Igor Gennadevich Bakulin comments.
the Best weapon - prevention
Is always simpler not to allow infections, than subsequently long to be treated. Therefore it is important to remember that:
- a hepatitis C Virus very resistant can also remain in the remains of the dried-up blood of the infected patients on unsterile medical and other tools, the equipment, and also on household objects (the safety razor, a toothbrush, manicure accessories) within several days or weeks.
- Infection with a virus occurs at its hit in blood of the person. The virus of hepatitis C is not transmitted to other people vozdushno - a drop way, through sharing of tableware and or ware, and also at handshake, through touches, kisses, embraces. to Family members should not use
- the general with the household objects infected with patients.
1 Recommendations about diagnostics and treatment of adult patients with the hepatitis C.
2 World Health Organization.
3 Problems of the accounting of incidence and chronic hepatitis C mortality in the Russian Federation.
4 Recommendations about diagnostics and treatment of adult patients with hepatitis C.