Houseplants: what and where? Rules of a phytodesign
the Word a phytodesign is formed from an Ancient Greek fiton - “plant“ and the English design - “to make the plan, to project“. Thus, the phytodesign is a design and registration of vital space of the person with use of live plants.
the Room of plants in an interior of apartments or offices demands the thought-over approach. It is necessary to consider several factors at the same time: biological compatibility of plants with each other, similarity of requirements to conditions of keeping and leaving.also the esthetic perception of the turned-out composition is Not less important
. To receive a harmonious combination of the person (building constructions, furniture, finishing) created by hands and the nature (refined forms, bright paints, gentle aroma) is a true art. Let`s get acquainted with the basic principles of a phytodesign.
Houseplants and an interior
should Be guided at the choice of plants not by personal sympathies, and the available conditions for their contents (or opportunities to change them). So, if all windows of your room come to the North, it is necessary to choose from shade-enduring cultures and to place them in close proximity to windows. To project magnificent many-tier composition in the depth of such room moreover with use of krasivotsvetushchy types - waste of forces and money even if in parallel to create the most powerful system of artificial lighting.Having decided by
on conditions of the room and having respectively limited the choice of plants, we will pass to a visual component. In your room (office, an office, the hall) there is already a certain style of registration - architectural designs, finishing of the room, furniture, equipment, accessories. The chosen plants have to correspond to all this.
Several practical advice:
- Pay attention to compatibility of color scale of foliage of plants and furniture, wall-paper, textiles which is present at the room. Of course, primary color of plants - green, but in the nature exists such huge number of its shades what to choose is from what. Besides, there is a large number of poecilophyllous types, and also plants with leaves of unusual color (violet, red, yellow etc.) .
- the Light monophonic background will allow a plant or pottery group “solirovat“. Against walls with small drawing views with large leaves will better look. And here can be combined with bright bright wall-paper unless openwork vay of ferns.
- High harmonous plants (with thin direct trunks) will help “to raise“ visually ceilings, and cascades ampelous on the contrary, will make them lower. The same effect is created also by the copies created in the form of a standard tree. Using
- single krupnomer, it is necessary to remember that height of a plant should not exceed 2/3 heights of the room, the impression will be made differently that to a plant it is close. > the Small, fine-leaved, low growing, a little monotonous plants it is better for li to place
- groups. It is so possible to organize magnificent “green material“, to hide some defects or not really decorative parts of other plants or, on the contrary, to emphasize beauty of the blossoming copy. A special cosiness screens or arches from the curling greens and the small touching plants placed “here and there“ create, for example, saintpaulias, fittonias. to
- to the Atmosphere of officiality are promoted by heavy and solid krupnomer (representatives of palm trees, bokarneya). to
- For vanguard style with abundance of glass and metal will be suitable plants with accurate or unusual forms, such as an agave, a dragon tree, a bamboo palm tree.
the Pot, a cache-pot, the container
Considering a question of a harmonious combination of an interior and plants, it is impossible to avoid such, apparently, prosy subject as a flowerpot.
the Pot, a cache-pot, the container - all listed capacities can be used for landing of plants. The difference is that pots in day have drainage openings through which water merges in the pallet and does not stand directly at roots. The cache-pot is actually beautiful “packing“ for a pot. In a cache-pot it is possible to plant plants and without pot, but in this case it is necessary to fill a big drainage layer, otherwise roots will rot. And the container is a cache-pot for several pots.
Externally capacity for landing of plants can be both bright and stylish, and simple, inexpressive. In certain cases the pot as if also should not be, that is it, of course, is present, but such imperceptible that nobody pays attention to it, but beauty of a plant all on a look. But it happens that the flowerpot in itself - practically a work of art and at the correct combination to a plant turns out amazing composition. However it is necessary to feel very thinly a side behind which the plant “will be lost“ against too bright pot.
Wants to be noted only that or forming a collection it is better to plant plants in groups in the capacities executed in one style.
the Single plant
can Place plants odinochno or groups. And here further - a full scope for the imagination.the Beautiful or unusual plant if you consider that it is worthy to be the focus of attention, place
separately from all others. By means of a large copy it is possible to fill the existing emptiness in a room interior, to focus attention on its certain part or to divide space into various functional zones. Similar functions carry out also the small plants placed on coffee tables, bedside tables, decorative supports.the Effective krupnomer - it is not obligatory for
a treelike or bushy plant, it can be created from... representatives of lianas. It is necessary to provide for a plant a support of a desirable form only. For example, the scindapsus very beautifully looks if to allow it to braid a small stick with coconut fiber, or the monstera leaning on numerous air roots.
Very beautifully and unusually the plants which are grown up in hydrogel, or an akvagrunta look.
Gidrogel is a polymeric material which possesses ability to absorb and hold a large amount of water. It is absolutely indifferent for plants, is not toxic and over time completely decays to water, carbon dioxide and nitrogen. Initially it was developed for an additive to the soil, at the same time characteristics of various soil improved (clay became easier and friable, sandy, on the contrary, more dense and holding moisture). Watering in such cases is required much less often, and plants take roots easier and better develop.
Designers suggest to use pure hydrogel. Originally it colourless is also similar to large sugar. After immersion in water, it is possible painted, crystals bulk up, and the jellylike mass of desirable color turns out.to
the Transparent glass container, colourless or color hydrogel and the graceful blossoming plant - such ornament will definitely not remain unnoticed. It is possible to grow up thus many plants, for example: ficuses, ivies, ferns, bromeliyevy, dragon trees, filodendrona, fuchsias and others. And here the similar substratum will hardly be pleasant to orchids, cactuses and succulents as their roots are not loved when they get not enough air, and it is practically not in hydrogel.to
of the Rule of placement of plants by groups
Great opportunities are given by placement of plants by groups. In this case it is easy to hide external shortcomings of separate copies (the become bare trunk or uneven growth, defects on leaves), it is favorable to emphasize beautiful details (for example, plants with color or motley foliage against monophonic green types will look almost like krasivotsvetushchy). Care of such group sometimes is even easier and demands less time, than behind separate copies, it is necessary to pick up types, similar in requirements, only.is not present
of Accurate canons of placement of plants in groups. But all - several regularities should be taken into account.
- On a background are established by larger plants or more “dark“, that is those which have dense krone, either more saturated shades of leaves, or large leaves. The closer to the viewer, the it is less, more small and plants can be lighter. Such placement gives to group dimensions and visual depth. >
- In the center it is better for li to place more hygrophilous and shade-enduring plants. Be moderate
- in uses of “bright spots“ (poecilophyllous types and krasivotsvetushchy plants) - when there is too much them, they tire and “conceal“ beauty of each other. But it is possible to find out “norm“ only in practice. The simplest option of creation of compositions - to collect and try to place differently plants directly in pots.
- can Place pottery group on a window sill or to allocate for it a special little table. If for creation of such group use the plants demanding high humidity of air, then it is convenient to use pallets with wet gravel or pebble.
Creation of compositions: original ideasSome flower growers to all variety of houseplants prefer to
some certain culture, but having a huge number of types and grades. These people are not carried away by process of creation of separate single elements of a whole of work. To show all variety of forms, flowers and shades of one group of plants - here the purpose of creation of collections. Saintpaulias, gloxinias, fuchsias, cactuses, orchids - here most frequent “idols“ of flower growers.
can Create compositions not only “across“, but also “down“. Standardly use multilevel supports or racks, it is possible to suspend containers on a wall or to a ceiling. Plus of such compositions is that they occupy the small space.
can Create original vertical composition from atmospheric bromeliyevy (for example, tillandsias “the head of the Jellyfish“ or a tillandsia usneevidny) having fixed them on a thin scaffold. They can as if to soar in air, their forms are graceful, fancy, sometimes are even fantastic.
If you do not love monotony, in group of houseplants hide capacity in advance for water in which at will it is possible to put cut flowers - seasonally your composition will have new “face“.Special charm the flower groups united by “the general idea“ or with use of elements of landscaping have
. It can be, for example, a desert corner with use of cactuses and succulents, or one tropical tree which grew with epiphytes, or imitation of the real small garden with tiny paths, beds, benches, or something else, prompted by your imagination.Is many
of fine exotic plants which did not adapt to conditions of our dwellings. They accept neither humidity of air, nor temperature, and the slightest whiff of wind just is capable to ruin them. For such “mollycoddles“ the closed florariums - capacities from glass or transparent plastic which can be closed are thought up. In a florarium it is created pass - an ecosystem with a certain level of humidity, temperature and illumination. The minimum option - “a garden in a bottle“, maximum - the “green show-window“ representing the window niche which is actually limited from two parties to glasses. For such compositions it is necessary to take slowly growing plants.
From the book “The best flowers. Blossoming in the house all the year round“