Easter: what to prepare? The recipe of a dessert - the Italian pudding of
Easter (Pasqua) - one of the most important Christian holidays. By tradition this day on a table there have to be many various dishes including desserts. In each region of Italy they are the. So, in Piedmont prepare a traditional pudding Bonet. It agrees one of versions, he is obliged by the name to the headdress of the 17th century reminding a beret.
In Piedmont where the recipe of this dessert appeared, exists a set of versions of its preparation: on the basis of eggs and cookies, with addition of chocolate and cookies of an amaretta, with a lemon, with coffee, with ground almonds or hazelnut.
- of 10 portions
- of 500 ml of milk (fat content of 6%)
- of 50 ml of almond liqueur of Amaretto
- 1 cup of coffee of espresso (about 30 ml)
- of 200 g of macaroon goods of an amaretta
- of 100 g of sugar
- 5 of eggs
- of 2 tablespoons of cocoa - powder
For caramel: >
to you it is also required by
of 10 deep forms with a diameter of 5 cm, a baking sheet with high sides, a pan, the mixer, kitchen scales, bowls, a mitten - a tack, a rolling pin, a wooden spoon, a nimbus, a plastic package.Prepare for
- caramel. In a bowl fill sugar and kindle it on slow fire. You will boil water. Clean the kindled sugar from fire, cool a little and carefully pour in hot water, previously having put on a hand a mitten - a tack. Deliver to
- sugar syrup on fire and you cook on slow fire within 10 minutes, constantly stirring slowly with a wooden spoon. Pour ready caramel in forms so that it slightly filled a bottom.
- Warm an oven to 150 °
- Macaroon goods put Page in a plastic package and pound, having used a rolling pin.
- In a separate bowl break eggs, add sugar and shake up the mixer working at high speed in dense and magnificent weight. Then add the sifted cocoa and again shake up. In egg mix gradually pour in liqueur, coffee, milk, add cookies and slightly shake up a nimbus.
- Pour ready mix in forms and put on the baking sheet to a half filled with water. Bake
- Bonet in an oven within 40 minutes before receiving a dense consistence.
- Get a baking sheet with forms from an oven and cool. Put Bonet in the refrigerator on
of 10 - 12 hours. Accurately get
- the cooled Bonet from forms the knife moistened in hot water. the Ready dessert lay out
- on a plate, strew with icing sugar or water with the kindled chocolate and give on a table.
Two main products of an easter meal in Italy are a lamb and eggs. A lamb most often bake in an oven or on coals, almost always eat eggs in a boiled look. In some regions the easter breakfast reminds a festive lunch from rather - for abundances of meat, vegetables and cheeses.
Easter also a spring holiday, therefore the first vegetables and herbs - necessary attribute of a holiday table. The asparagus, artichokes, green peas, cress - salad, dandelions, chicory, arugula and a nettle predominate on a table. Recipes of the dishes containing cordons (the Spanish artichokes) and artichokes enjoy special popularity.
For Easter are prepared by the most various pies: salty and sweet, opened and closed, and also a set of cakes on the basis of eggs, torments, cheese, creamy or olive oil. In Laguria, for example, festive pie consists of 33 layers of dough with an eggs, ricotta and various herbs stuffing. In Trentino it is accepted to prepare fried donuts with a spinach stuffing and an asparagus.Hundreds of options of a frittata (the Italian fried eggs) give
to a table in all regions of Italy. What only stuffings for it do not happen: with artichokes, with an asparagus, with zucchini, with a nettle, with flowers of zucchini and others.
the Most known sweets from different regions of Italy is a valdostansky easter pie ( of torta di Pasqua valdostana ), sweet Venetian focaccia from Veneto ( of focaccia dolce di Venezia ), Veronese cake ( of ciambella veronese ) from Veneto, a biskotta with almonds ( of biscotti alle mandorle ) from Abruzzo, cookies with an anise ( of ciambelline all “anice ) from Lazio, a lamb from the sweet test ( of agnello dolce di Pasqua ) from Mark, Tuscan rolls with rosemary ( of pan ramerino ), a kassata ( of cassata ) - almond cake from Sicily and Bonet ( of bonet ) from Piedmont.
From the book “Italy at the Holiday Table“