Development of the teenager: how to grow up the cultural person?
When the child grow, he listens to words of parents less - and more and more seldom agrees to go there where it is useful and it is interesting. How to acquaint the teenager with world culture - history, painting, architecture - without tediousness and the lulling lectures? Natalya Gomberg, the teacher of Club of Young Art critics of the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, itself was disaccustomed in it not so long ago - and knows a lot of things both about art, and about modern teenagers.
- As in general children get to the well-known circles at the Pushkin museum - they ask, they are brought by parents?
- As the museum costs on the place long ago, many come by family tradition. Often happens that else parents were engaged in a circle and though the few from them became then art critics, pleasant memories remained. Three years ago we celebrated
- As well as what it is possible to interest the grown-up child in?
- the work Form for the most senior is a Club of Young Art critics. And I consider that it has to attract teenagers: that the museum such place where pictures and lectures, this place where they can talk about it - and a party which they perceive as correct is not simple.
Now we had a separate residence, and it turned out remarkably. Children, happens, call me on Saturday: “And it is possible we today we will come into audience we will sit if there it is not busy?“ . Well, of course, it is possible - better than if they in the yard freeze or in cafe, having dumped on one cup of coffee. They can come to the museum where they have the teapot, the cups which they know from where to get - the museum becomes for them, native. They know that to May we will go to a campaign - “to close year“: places all the time different - I try not to repeat. Two years ago, for example, went to Peredelkino, then sat down on a grass, got a guitar and long, sang Okudzhava much - in the same place and his museum is too. And here one
I for me it became opening in due time. I in the museum since 10 years - since mother brought me. Visit of a circle was family tradition: mother herself was engaged there, the brother - he is strongly more senior than me, to him under 40 - too was engaged in the Pushkin museum. The club becomes for teenagers the place where there are those people, those events, those subjects for conversation which at school are not enough for them. Though schools at them very different: there are usual regional, there are good special schools.
Woody Allen and How to make a coffin with own hands
- Is what children leave because it is not pleasant?
- Happens, but process of an utryaska usually comes to an end in half a year. Here, for example, now from 28 there were 20. But history of arts is only one of subjects, children still have many other subjects for discussion, from which I, by the way, am happy not with all. And they adopt interests each other: one boy began to play the guitar - and all reached for him. Well, of course, snobstvut a little bit: “There are my schoolmates, they know nothing...“ But I try to throw them thought, as with schoolmates is what to talk about. People are very different, the companies different. This their conscious decision with whom they want to identify themselves, but it does not mean that they should not communicate with anybody another. Snobbery is useful to nobody.
- That is the child should be placed in different groups - but whether the least exacting will draw it it, the easiest?
- Teenage groups do not happen undemanding: there all the same it is necessary to do something, everyone tries to be allocated somehow. Therefore my age - 25 years - suitable - we for them between adults and age-mates. We can, without being built in their relations among themselves, to throw a subject for discussion, to throw the book to look. Such group becomes for them accepting and safe. And then it becomes too easy though, certainly, demands more efforts, it is more than reflections and talk.we Will tell
, we with it watch Woody Allen - it is big cinema, but it easy, cheerful - also lays down better. It is necessary to do without torture. To me it is sometimes simpler with them to play tableau vivant or charades, than to force it is verbose and abstrusely to analyze someone`s creativity.
In the end of the year we release
a performance: children do all from scenery to music. Last year put Nikolay Erdman`s play “Suicide“. It is the fine play, but demanded some monumentalism - as a result mine a miracle - boys cut down a coffin - such natural, with 6 handles. They went, bought boards, somewhere in garage where they repair motorcycles, hammered together it. The performance is a bonus result which crowns already pleasant occupations. Especially it is important for those who have no special interest in art who was brought by parents.
In passing we listen to music about this time, we watch pictures of that era, we talk. We showed then the turned-out performance in “Memorial“ in favor of children of immigrants and collected a packed house, it was tremendous.
- Turns out that you not only in the museum are engaged, but also you go somewhere.
- Yes, we at first when the group only develops, go for 1 day, then - with spending the night, and then already when we well know each other, for a long time. Went on excavation to Taman last summer.
Ya the first time carried there children - and when returned, understood that got excited a little: 15 teenagers, sea, sun, break. Archeological excavations - it is terribly heavy: it is physical work, it is 8 hours on a heat - from 5 in the morning till one o`clock in the afternoon. Adults first, of course, looked narrowly - thought that “kids“ will ask to be allowed home now, now will begin to cry. To children it was heavy, but they bore - and took pride that this square was cleared. And each event of day was felt after that how deserved: both a lunch, and the sea, and a campaign in Lermontov`s lodge - and then where - nibud under a fence we will lie down, we will read “Taman“. For them it is the most part of life, and they this summer trip wait for the whole year.
In general, to go abroad, having bought tour, everyone can. To here show how it is possible in a different way - it is a task. Therefore we go always as - nibud it is extreme: we live in school, in hostel so that we could be packed into one room - that I could lay down across a door and know that they will not leave anywhere. Though children all, actually, fine - I in everyone am sure of them for 100%: if I told “no“, means “no“.
I here we go to the most ancient church of Vladimiro - the Suzdal principality which in very bad condition and not for long, probably, still will stay - and so, we go across the field - there not really far,
- during academic year as often there take place occupations?
- In teenage group gather from 14 years, the program is calculated on 3 years: lectures on history and seminars. In the first year we are engaged once a week, the third year - is more rare because eleventh-graders have some not before. But I conduct all three “courses“, and it seems to me important that they were on friendly terms: we together go, together we put performances. Also the graduates of KYuI who entered to the different UNIVERSITY come - among them sometimes there are no historians not that the art critic, but even - for that is doctors, chemists, biologists, musicians, designers and animators. And though they are already students, we continue to communicate.
- And what to do if the teenager prefers the virtual world to real?
- For certain something from what there is pleasant to it can be found outside - just for this purpose it is necessary to penetrate into interests of the child. They everything behind a miscellaneous climb there: pictures are pleasant to someone, adrenaline is necessary to someone which computer games give. If loves races - can, it will like a retro exhibition - cars. If it likes monsters and transformers - will go we will look at their great-grandmother and the great-grandfather - harpies, gargoyleys and mummies. If still to tell how Seth of Osiris chopped on small pieces, and then they were collected across all Egypt, this history is capable to compete with a plot from WarCraft.
Are okolomuzeyny computers and smartphones applications which read out the code printed near an exhibit and tell about it something in addition - this communication real and virtual can interest children.
Not to each child and not each adult, it is necessary - continuous visits of the museums and conversation about art. But for everyone it is possible to find precisely something, start up one that will be pleasant to it that will broaden its horizons. If to speak about the same computer games, then children often play in something quite cruel - and myths horrible much: to remember at least as Apollo skinned with Marcia which dared to compete with him in playing a flute, or about the same Egyptian gods Osiris and Seth. The child will precisely remember it. And in addition to it about Apollo it is possible to tell also something else, not only about Marcia. A question of that note on which we finish.