Let`s play mathematics: how to learn the multiplication table of
When time to learn the multiplication table approaches, many parents ask a question: how to make it quickly, easily and it is desirable in game? I want to share with you sequence of steps which will help the child to learn the multiplication table, and also examples of games - they will facilitate training.
the multiplication Naturewith
First of all is good to be explained to the child (or to repeat if he already studied it at school) that such multiplication and why it is necessary. Then the child will remember not mechanically the table, and understanding that he stands behind these examples and answers. I bring to your attention several games explaining the multiplication nature.
Game 1. We consider as the two
Take the box filled with balls (either oranges, or apples). Sit down together with the child about this box. Get two balls, put them near the child. Get two more balls and put them nearby. Then two more balls, and still. Here what at us turned out:
Suggest the child to count balls, considering as the two. Discuss with the child that a task “to take two balls four times“ it is possible to write down both through addition, and through multiplication:
Game 2. We feed dolls
Seat in a circle of dolls or soft toys. Suggest the child to feed them. For example, to give to each doll two pieces of bread (it is possible to play details of a construction set or Lego), on three eggs and on four sausages, and also on one glass of juice. Now it is necessary to consider how many and what food we gave, and for this purpose it is necessary to make examples.
Game 3. Multiplication in the nature
When the child understood idea of multiplication, it is possible to suggest it to look where multiplication in the nature meets. For example, we have 2 palms, and on everyone it is possible to draw 3 specks. It will be example of multiplication by 2 - 3 specks to take 2 times. At a shamrock 3 petals, and on everyone it is possible to put 4 small insects that corresponds to an example 3 × 4. At a starfish of 5 tips, and on everyone it is possible to put 2 cockleshells: 5 × 2. And so on. This game closely brings us to idea of the following game.
Game 4. The robot - the multiplierCan take
a box or a chair, to cover with a scarf, to call “the robot - the multiplier“ and to designate strelochka where at this “robot“ an entrance and where exits. For example, “robot“ multiplies by two: then it has two exhaust outlets. In this case the child delivers three balls in the robot, and “robot“ by means of parents doubles quantity of balls, and instead of three balls there are six.
Game 5. Equal ranksFinal game from this cycle trains
to find quantity of the objects located equal ranks and also to calculate the area of figures. Displaying ranks of the machine, or drawing identical figures on checkered paper, or painting over squares, train the child to calculate quantity of figures by means of multiplication:
the multiplication table
When the child understood that such multiplication and why it is necessary, is a high time to begin to learn the multiplication table. I suggest to make it by means of games too.
Game 1. The poster and a lodge
- In the room of the child attach to a wall the poster with the multiplication table. It can be unpacked from the Internet, to make and even to make together with the child: the adult will write the multiplication table on the poster, and answers will be entered by the child.
- Consider the table with the child. Notice that:
- at multiplication by 1 number remains invariable, by
- at multiplication on 10 at number in the answer adds a zero, in
- at multiplication by the 5th terminates on 0 or on 5,
- at multiplication by the 9th of tens every time increases by unit, and the number of units every time decreases by unit.
- In other room hang up the image of the lodge made, for example, of a color Whatman paper on a wall. On a lodge there have to be cuts for insertion of cards with examples, equal-signs, and also cuts for answers. Separately make cards of dense paper:
- big rectangular: with examples of all multiplication table;
- oval: with the image of number by which we multiply;
- small rectangular: with figures from 0 to 9 according to the scheme given below.
- Here is how the lodge has to look. In this case the part of the multiplication table on 3 is considered.
- When everything is ready
, it is possible to start the game directed to storing of the multiplication table. to Begin to learn
- the table better from multiplication on 1. Attach the top oval card with the image “x 1“ to lodge “roof“. Insert into card cuts with examples of the multiplication table on 1. Remind the child what means to increase by one (i.e. to take some subject once), and suggest it to make of cards with figures answers.
- the Following part of the multiplication table - multiplication on 10 (we consider as tens). Place the corresponding cards and suggest the child to fill with place cards for answers. Then we learn
- the multiplication table on 2. After that - on 3 and so on to 9.
of the Remark to game: >to
- After the first round of studying of the table on the corresponding number when all examples were located one after another, in the following times it is better for strong to give examples separately.
- Before passing from multiplication by one number to multiplication by the following number, I advise to carry out at least three rounds of game that the child remembered examples better. can draw with
- At the correct answer of the child on a card with an example a color circle. If the child three times correctly solved an example, and on the corresponding card of an example there were three color circles, then this example can be considered learned. In this case on the table in the room of the child this example can be led round in a circle. So the child will see the progress: the more the led round examples, the he knows the most part of the table. I suggest to put
- of the Card of examples with three color circles aside - as learned. The remained cards can be sorted not by number on which we multiply, and by quantity of color circles by them. For example, to insert cards with two circles - that the child had a chance to fix these examples. Another time - to insert cards only with one circle.
Game 2. The mail carrier
This game will help the child to remember multiplication table blocks. In total in the table of 10 blocks. The first block is 10 cards of multiplication by one. The second block - 10 cards of multiplication by two. And so on. It is possible to play this game then when you pass the corresponding block of the multiplication table.
Make ten flat lodges of paper. For an example we will consider game with the block of multiplication by two. On a roof of each of them attach a card with the number corresponding to the answer to a certain example, - it will be house number. As “letters“ ten cards with examples from this block will be used. (Cards can be taken from the previous game.) The child`s task - to carry “letters“ on lodges. To learn to what house there is a letter, it is necessary to solve an example. House number corresponds to the answer of an example.
Game 3. The fisherman
Mix cards with examples - it will be small fishes. Take 10 buckets (bowls). Attach plates to each bucket:
of the Inscription on plates is meant that “small fishes“ in the designated limits it is necessary to put with answers in the corresponding buckets.
the child`s Task - to catch “small fish“ (to solve examples) and to put them in the corresponding buckets. For example, “small fish“ with an example “5 × 2“ it is put in a bucket with the plate “0... 10“.
Game 4. The train > to the child it will be offered to h2 not to find
answers to examples In this game, and on the contrary - to the famous answers to select examples.
Make paper engines with such numbers: 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 16, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36, 40.
Suggest the child to attach to these engines those cards with examples which answer corresponds to the number written on an engine. (Cards with examples can be taken from the previous game.) Suggest the child to define to what engine (answer) it is possible to attach the greatest number of examples. It is possible to investigate what answers most often occur in the multiplication table (at what trains are longer).
Game 5. Game - a hodilka
should beginning to play this game when the child already more - learned the multiplication table less. You need the field from any board game - “hodilka“ for which the six-sided cube and counters is usually used. Rules of the game differ in nothing from original except that instead of a cube cards with examples will be used. (It is possible to take the same cards from the previous games, and it is possible to make new.) On these cards each example needs to be concluded in a frame of a certain color. In total there will be six flowers of a framework.
Here is how cards have to look:
the Multiplication table on which it is shown, properly to lead round examples:by
lead round in the Green color the simplest examples, blue - the following on complexity, then there are orange, red and violet colors. The most difficult examples are led round in the gray color. Cards on which one party there is a led round example, from other party an open country, “shirt“ turn out.
of All has to turn out 100 cards. From them:
- 17 green,
- 16 blue,
- 17 orange,
- 16 red,
- 17 violet,
- 17 gray.
of the Rule of the game:
of the Card turn over “shirts“ up, mix up and develop a pile. Each of players chooses to himself a counter and puts it on “start“.
Instead of before the course to throw a cube, the going beret from a pile the top card, overturns an example up and solves an example. If the player correctly solves an example, then it moves the counter on the corresponding number of steps:
- green color of a frame corresponds to a cube side with one point and allows to take 1 step;
- blue color allows the player to take 2 steps;
- orange - 3 steps;
- red - 4 steps;
- violet - 5 steps;
- gray color - 6 steps.
If the player incorrectly solves an example, then it passes the course. The used cards (which are correctly solved or not) develop a separate pile. It is possible to use them the second time if in the main pile of examples already nothing remained, and counters of players did not reach “finish“ yet.I Wish
to you and your children of pleasure from occupations and cheerful games!