New year: a holiday it is possible to note differently
Aroma of oranges, elegant garlands on a fluffy fir-tree, a holiday table, Father Frost, guests and, of course, gifts! So New year is celebrated in Russia. But whether always so was?
Very few people know that the majority of New Year`s traditions got accustomed at us in the country not so long ago. In Russia New year did not do without Christmas carols and fortune-telling. On a holiday table gave a kolivo from whole grains and pancakes. And only at Peter I we felt influence of the Western European culture, with pleasure having adopted tradition to decorate a Christmas tree or to start fireworks. Solemn peal of bells, Father Frost and the Snow Maiden became the integral symbols of New year only at the time of the USSR.
Despite some cultural loans, at each country of the world the unique history, so, and the traditions to celebrate the lightest, long-awaited and solemn holiday of year. Today we will tell how New year is celebrated in other corners of the world.
- In of England with the first blow of hours at midnight open a back door, letting out the expiring year, and with the last blow open a lobby, priglashayanovy year to themselves to the house. Throughout all holidays across the country there pass carnival processions. Street dealers sell bright masks, penny whistles, toys, sweets and other pleasant trifles. Gifts to children are brought by Santa - Claus.
- In of Scotland on the eve of New year on streets are rolled by barrels with the burning tar. So Scots clear the road for new year. On a holiday table serve a boiled goose, a beefsteak and apple pies. Guests have to bring with themselves symbols of wellbeing and heat: a piece of pie, a glass with wine and a piece of coal which needs to be thrown into a fireplace of hosts. on a holiday table serve to
- Bean King pie To of France. By tradition the one to whom the piece of this pie with the baked bean will get becomes the king of evening. Also French drink wine and clink glasses with a wine cask that the harvest of the coming year pleased with abundance. To children Per Noel on New Year`s Eve comes. He as our Father Frost, distributes gifts, only hides them not under a fir-tree, and in children`s shoes.
- In of Germany celebrate Christmas more solemnly, but not New year. This day all relatives gather at the holiday table (on which main course - sweet flour Lebkukhen pie and raisin) and exchange gifts. Often Germans give each other porcelain moneyboxes - pigs. with
- In of Sweden throughout all New Year`s Eve in houses light burns. The Swedish New year is a festival of light! Children elect the queen Lyuchiya, dress up her in white clothes and receive from it gifts. on a holiday table the hostess gives to
- a big bowl of sweet rice porridge at the bottom of which - a nutlet To of Denmark. To whom it will get, that next year will marry or marries.
- In of Spain on New Year`s Eve with each of 12 blows of hours needs to be eaten on a vinogradinka. At the one who will manage it in the coming year the treasured desire will come true.
- In of Portugal the similar tradition is, only each eaten vinogradinka symbolizes happy month in new year.
- In of Italy the surprising tradition is - to throw out at night old things and to meet new year only in all new. Italians trust: the they will leave a large number of things on the eve of a holiday, the will be richer in the coming year. Gifts to children are brought by the kind magician Befana. The fairy has a gold key which she opens houses. The main thing to hang up stockings at a fireplace!
- In of India from - for big a variety culturally - religious traditions are noted New year by 4 times! Main of holidays passes in the spring, date is chosen according to a lunar calendar. In Northern India it is accepted to decorate himself bright with flowers red, pink or white shades, and in Southern - to tie with a scarf to children eyes before handing a gift.
- In Vietnam a symbol of New year is the branch of the blossoming peach because New year - a light holiday of the coming spring. By the Vietnamese tradition at midnight children shoot in the air self-made crackers, and the spirit of the house rises in heaven and tells other spirits there about how in a family there passed year. China does not have
- In a certain day in which celebrate New year. Every time it changes, but remains in an interval since the end of January on the end of February. The most fascinating part of a holiday - street processions during which thousands of lamps are lit blow up crackers and petards by means of which Chinese drive away evil spirits. Also in China it is accepted to wash water from mountain sources of a figure of Buddha and to decorate the house with pictures with wishes.
- In of Japan about approach of new year to inhabitants are reported by blows of a bell. Exactly 108 blows! The number is not casual: it is considered that each blow banishes one of human defects (their of everything 6, but at each 18 shades). The day before the house is decorated with a branch of a tree of a motiban with balls “spendthrift“ from rice flour which serve as an entertainment later. After 108 blows Japanese laugh - it is on good luck. Gifts give with the first beams of the sun when all Japanese enter on the street to meet the first dawn of the come year.
- In of the USA that second when hours to Tayms - the square show midnight, people begin to embrace and kiss, and those who driving, with pleasure signal. The holiday table decorates a dark peas dish. It is considered that it brings happiness and good luck.
you, probably, paid attention that traditions to celebrate New year in the different countries of the world are not similar at each other at all? We are united only by belief in miracles and big love to gifts! The festive atmosphere comes to each house irrespective of, we believe in Father Frost or already not.We want to wish
to you that this family holiday collected at one table of the closest people. Only then year will begin joyfully, cheerfully and carefree.