Do not teach the child to consider! Logical games for kids of
How to make mathematics interesting to the child? How to play it? How to develop logical thinking at the kid?
At many adults of the mathematician is associated with numbers and operations over them and therefore often children are trained first of all in figures and the account. But it is better to begin to form mathematical thinking not from it.
We, adults got used to operate with letters, figures, schemes - we developed abstract thinking. The thinking of the child is arranged differently - psychologists call it figurative. Really, children investigate the world, using all five sense organs: to the touch, on taste, on a smell, on a sound and examining it. Here and to mathematician they first of all should allow “to touch“. And it is the simplest to make it in household affairs and in game.
of the Mathematician - creative science, it is interesting to play it. Mathematical games help the child to look in a new way at the world, to pay attention to those processes and regularities which he did not notice earlier. The mathematical thinking enriches the personality, does life more interesting and saturated. The main objectives of elementary education to mathematics - to teach the child to do independent conclusions, to find regularities and to solve logical problems.to What to teach
first of all?
- First of all should teaching the kid to a relative positioning of objects :“ more to the right“, “more to the left“, “above“, “below“, pro, “before“. We live in the three-dimensional world, and it is good to help the child to construct model of this world. On this subject there is a set of games: in the robot, on passing of a labyrinth, the elementary programming.
- the Second important ability - to classify objects of signs : at first on one, then on two and so on. For example: to put red cubes in one small group, blue - in another. It will be classification by color. We add classification by the size: big red figures in one bucket, small red - in another, big blue - in the third. Right there it is possible to enter also classification by a form of a subject and as a result to acquaint the child with geometrical figures. > it is Also useful for li to teach the child to measure by
- lengths of objects. It is possible to measure in meters and centimeters, but it is better to use at first various objects - measures: machines, dolls, then - palms, steps. And to compare that is longer and in what. For example, length of a python can be measured in apples, parrots or in identical steps. And it is possible to lead round a contour of a body of the child on a leaf of a Whatman paper, and then to measure it by different toys - measures. Through this reception the child will easily acquire relativity of measures, and it will be visually visible to it that can be compared, only if lengths are measured by identical measures.
- calculation of quantities and measurement of lengths is the best of all to Enter numbers through . It is also important to show to the child a difference between number of a subject (for example, the sixth apple) and quantity (six apples).
- I only after the child properly acquired concept of quantities, it is possible to train its in mathematical operations : to addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
With our children we play mathematical games since the earliest childhood, years with 3. The game “Travel of a Kitten“ was the first. The son took a toy kitten in hand, we with it sat down in front of the globe, and travel began. We imagined that the fast train rushes a kitten from our city through all continent, and tried to imagine pictures which are seen by a kitten. On the way the kitten needed to draw the road through a labyrinth, or to collect jewels in a cave, or to help to construct a bobrenka the house. Of course, our son helped a kitten to perform the offered tasks. Sometimes we “got“ into the rocket and flew to stars, investigating them, planets and space. Sometimes we decreased to the microscopic size and traveled around blood vessels of a human body, studying composition of blood, and also an arrangement and properties of body organs.the Son grew at
, tasks became complicated. “Programming in Lego language“ became its following favourite game. We drew labyrinths through which, spreading teams “forward“, “back“, “to the right“, “to the left“ in four flowers of blocks of Lego, it was necessary to carry out the robot or the machine. In the same time there were many games on classification and on sorting of objects.by
Then organized a mathematical circle for children
Here several games from this book.
the Example of evident game on sorting of objects of color.
- the Father, it is boring for me! Play with me! - called the father Kohl.
- is good. What we will play?
- In Lego.
- is remarkable. You want, I will show you which - that interesting? - the father sat down opposite to Kolya and poured out everything Lego between them. Then the father took four trucks from the shelf and offered:
- Detalki Lego at us four flowers. Let`s spread out them on cars: the first will carry detalk of red color, the second - blue, and following two - yellow and green. We will bring detalk to other end of the room and there we will construct four garages of them: red, blue, yellow and green.
This game is aimed by
at the development of algorithmic thinking. So we learn to solve complex problems by means of sequence of simple actions.
- Kohl, imagine that you are the robot. Get up here, on the strelochka showing an entrance to a labyrinth. You have to go only when you hear team, and to do on one step in the direction specified to you. Katya will operate you.
Children were delighted and agreed. Then the father delivered to Kohl before an entrance to a labyrinth, and Katya - near Kolya, and told that the robot understands only simple teams: forward, back, to the right and to the left; and that at each team he takes a step in the specified direction and fades, expecting the following team. And that it cannot come on sections on which obstacles lie.
Multi-colored candies (logical task)
- I bought you three candies: green, red and yellow. To Katya - not green, Kohl - not yellow, the father - not red and not green. Guess what candies to whom I bought.
of the Toy on shelves
One more story - the problem training to skills of classification and spatial thinking.
In a nursery - a disorder. Shelves on which toys - empty, and all machines usually lie of a doll, animals are scattered on a floor, and among them sad Katya and Kolya sit. To children not really - that is pleasant - to display this occupation of a toy in places and therefore they work slowly. Here on a threshold of the room the father appears and, having attentively looked at children, says that clean toys can be interesting - it is necessary to think up rules only.
- For example, - it continues, - try to guess by what rule I will begin to fill regiments now.the father chose by
the smallest From all heap of toys and put them on the top shelf. On the second shelf put toys more largely, and, at last, the biggest toys gathered on the lower shelf.
- I understood, - Katya told. - You increased the size of toys: at first put the smallest, and on the following shelves put more and more large toys.
- the Good fellow, - approved the father. - But it was simple. Now guess the following rule. And it rearranged toys here so:
- I guessed, - Katya exclaimed.
- I too, - told Kohl. - And it was really difficult: you put toys so that on each shelf stood on one machine, on one animal and on one doll. And that in each row if to look down, stood only on one machine, a doll and an animal too.
- What you are good fellows! - the father was glad for them. >
it is very fascinating to em to Teach children mathematics. It is joyful to see how they play it, create on the basis of new knowledge as their eyes light up. And as the logic is the cornerstone of mathematics, it will be useful to all children irrespective of the fact which they in the future will choose a profession.
brought children who from a threshold said that they hate mathematics To me more than once. And through several occupations when they thawed and saw not boring cramming, but the new interesting world in mathematics, children began to love it.
At all kids with whom go in for mathematics kindly, patiently and using game elements, it becomes one of the most beloved objects, and children make in it great progress. It is only necessary not to miss time and to begin occupations until the child lost interest in new. Most of children is capable to reach heights in mathematics, to brilliantly end school and university courses - provided that they were acquainted with this great science in the early childhood.