Why children do not read, or Dostoyevsky is the cool dude of
the Statement that modern children do not read - no more than the myth. Children are very different. Perhaps, only the statement is right that modern children like to read less, than to their peers 30 and 20 years ago. And on it there are objective reasons.
All teachers and psychologists meet that reading - huge work. It would seem: what difficult for the person knowing letters to put from them words, and from words - offers?! Actually, reading - process in which both cerebral hemispheres are involved. And if one of zones “brakes“ or “revolves“, reading from pleasure turns into punishment. The preschool child or the younger school student tensely puts letters in words, but does not understand the sense read. At more advanced age it is possible to observe similar process when the teenager grasps only the external line of events, without “reading“ implication, without understanding philosophy of the author.
the Example before eyes
the Teacher Tatyana Ilyina well proves by
one more reason for which children do not love or are not accustomed to read. It is possible to call this reason social, family or pedagogical, and it sounds very simply: that child who does not see near himself the reading adult - mother or the father will not read.
- in the absence of the reading model, that is the loved one who is carried away by reading, the child practically never takes the book. He has to feel that life of his parents is inconceivable without books, - then they will enter his life. Constantly addressing book examples, we stimulate reading process. The child gets used to look for answers to the questions at great writers, on pages of books, and they - that bad will not teach, will not deceive, will not give in to momentary mood, - sure Tatyana Ilyina.
you already thought of how often your children see you with the book in hands? If yes, here to you still food for thoughts: where in your house there are books and how many places they take?
Experts sound alarm - today many families in which there are no books at all:“ excess dust collector“. And the teachers of a nachalka who are giving a task to learn Marshak`s poem or to read Bianki`s story on the house are not surprised to the answer any more that the child... did not find such book. Neighbors have it no house, too. And in library none of family members are written down.
Times when carefully collected waste paper that, having stood huge turn to receive a treasured small volume of Maupassant, sank into the past together with fashion on home libraries, florid ex-librises etc.
Other option - when book shelves break under weight of perfectly published encyclopedias on any branches of knowledge.
of the Child, with interest “swallowing“ them, cannot call not reading - it can strike the interlocutor with erudition, absolutely unexpected for his age. But at the same time it is very difficult for it to retell a chain of events, to analyse motives of acts of heroes of the story, to define the position to read.
So matter not only in just to teach the child to read, but also to influence when as well as that he reads. whetherSo affairs are bad
the opinion that today in the nursery and young people (in the part reading it) such genres as a fantasy which are not really respected by serious readers and teachers, the easy detective and entertaining literature are popular Occurs. The classics is read only at insistance of adults, only within the school program, and at times also in the reduced option. whether
So everything is actually? To answer this question, I went to junior library where laboriously conduct a notebook with reviews of the visitors of the read books.
A. writes: “From Dmitry Glukhovsky`s stories especially was pleasant to me “When you one“ as it describes fear which we feel at ourselves inside. And still stories were pleasant:“ Eight minutes “and“ history of one dog“. Sincere! They so strongly touch soul as though you move there as though it to you happens, but not to someone another“. (Errors we do not correct and we keep spelling and style of authors of responses - E. K.)
the Hidden interlocutor agrees: “Precisely! And “Eight minutes“ it was pleasant to me that I completely like in this story. I felt that people feel when they remained only eight minutes“.
Here in general real-life communication as in a chat, and concerns nobody that the previous record on this subject could be left few weeks or even a year ago goes.to read
of “the Chronicle of Narnia“ so difficult that, children, back in movie theater!“ - calls San. Nastya argues with it: “Anything similar!“ Chronicles of Narnia“ are read easily, easy. Same - the children`s book, and children`s books - one of the most interesting. So read, read and read!“Somebody writes
to N.: “To whom was pleasant “Lolita“ of Nabokov? Cool book! I tell it to the one who is a good judge of fiction“ .
with It are answered: “to me “Lolita“ sank down in soul. It is the best of all to begin acquaintance to Nabokov with it. Its style - it is incredibly interesting“ . And right there the offer follows: “Who are you? Let`s talk!.“
is advised Still to read “Stepfordsky wives“ of Ira Levin, “A dog who spoke with gods“ Dayana Jessup, Krapivin`s book, Salinger, “The fascinated wanderer“ Leskov, Okudzhava and Guberman`s verses. As for a fantasy then, certainly, Strugatsky and Max Frei are in the lead. And from school classics only Fedor Mikhaylovich, here in such context meets:
“Dostoyevsky is the cool dude. A “Crime and punishment “ and “Idiot“ - very good books. I considered earlier that it is boring, but it is a lie. Actually I recommend to all to read!“
So, misters, not everything is so simple with preferences of our children. Perhaps a problem not in what children do not read, and that we talk to them a little about what they read?
What to do?As without imposing
, without forcing, to impart to the child from the early childhood a habit to reading?If we tell
about age from zero to three (meaning not mother`s lullabies, rhymes, poteshka, the first fairy tales, namely training, whether it be Doman`s cards or other techniques) then there are two polar opinions.Most of psychologists and teachers are sure by
that such advancing development only amuses vanity of parents, and the child of anything, except nervously - mental overfatigue, does not receive. Others consider that early training of the child is not attempt “to deprive of it the joyful childhood“, and a necessary condition of development of world around by it in which high technologies and huge volumes of information dominate.
Tatyana Ilyina imparts Experience:
- Personally I adhere to “golden mean“ - I began to train three from four children seriously at the age of years of four. To the first class all of them already fluently read. To the youngest now three and a half, and he knows only three letters so far:“ the“ letter D (as he is Dima), mother`s - M and the most melodious letter A.
As for age of four - five years, according to most of experts, it - the most suitable.
Psychologists consider that in
the Habit - the best assistant
Unfortunately, presently, as Tatyana Ilyina notes, almost disappeared tradition of family evening reading. But why not to try to revive it, at least within one family - the? An example of the reading grandmothers, grandfathers, parents, sisters and brothers - the excellent field on which interest of the kid in the book will be cultivated. The second: in the house surely there have to be books. And even the two-year-old kid has to have a shelf with the books in which he studies only pictures so far.
Behind council how to work further, we will address works of the psychologist Ekaterina Murashova. She recommends:If you want
- that your matured child “bore from Belinsky and Gogol`s market“, became engrossed in reading of Pushkin, Moliere and Dostoyevsky, it is necessary to work. For a start - to forget about comics and magazines with stickers.
Read aloud to the small child children`s “classics“, accustoming him and to national fairy tales, oddish on adult hearing (try African - receive great impression), and to sluggish descriptions of Bianki, and to dryish politicization of Rodari, and to obvious socialist to Nosov`s rhetoric. Do not forget about Lev Tolstoy and Konstantin Ushinsky`s didactics.
- Starting with five - six years, densely you pass to historical stories for children (“Adventures of the primitive boy“, “Sheets of the stone book“), to stories about animals and sentimental stories (Lidiya Charskaya, “Little lord Fauntleroy“, “Without family“ etc.) . Even when the child will learn to read
independently, do not stop reading to it aloud because he, of course, freely reads the abc-book or the anthology for the second class, but to him not to master big, interesting books yet.
Can be read in turn, it is possible to arrange family readings. But somewhere since eight years, you show cunning.
- Cunning is that reading breaks on the most interesting and dramatic place, you have an urgent matter, and the book it is necessary to lie at the corner of a table. It is unlikely experiment will take place with the first or even the fifth book. But sometime there will come such moment that the child will be tired “to wait for favor by nature“ and will take them. your task is farther than
- - carefully and persistently to palm off on the child of the book. Upas you God to go on the way of direct recommendations. Books have to appear unostentatiously in your house. They can be brought from library and just “creep out“ of cases.
For a start it has to be that genre to which the “first“ book of the child belonged. The historical story about primitive people? Please! Here to you one more. “Wizard of the Emerald city“? Here to you continuation! And so on. Gradually expand with
- a palette of genres. If your child since the childhood got used to perceive aurally not adapted, highly artistic text, then its opportunities already in the third - the fourth classes are very wide.
are known to the Author children who at nine-year age with pleasure read most boring “Lord of the Rings“, informative adventure novels of Jules Verne and “Jonathan Livingstone Seagull“. Our children - very talented, it is necessary only to help their talents to reveal.