Varicosity: prevention and treatment of
the Ugly, inflated, blue veins standing become the reason of complexes of a large number of women and men. The varicose illness is not only unpleasant cosmetic defect, but also a disease which involves serious consequences. The executive secretary of association of phlebologists of Russia, professor Vadim Bogachyov tells.the Varicose illness phlebologists call
a civilization disease. The venous system of the modern person differs in nothing from venous system of primitive. However the way of life and character of loadings changed: people began to stay long time in static situation - standing or sitting. The venous system does not maintain these loadings. Veins begin to change, their walls lose the elasticity. Gradually vessels stretch, on their separate sites knotty expansions - varicosity are formed.It is interesting to
the established opinion that men have no varicosity Exists. It`s not true. Women pay more attention to appearance of legs and much more often than men see about it a doctor. Men go to the doctor when varicosity hurts.
certain factors which provoke a varicosity Exist:
First symptoms of varicosity
Executive secretary of association of phlebologists of Russia, professor Vadim Bogachyov:“ If to speak about the main displays of varicosity, it should be noted the feeling of completeness of calves, a burning sensation, fatigue, weight in legs amplifying by the end of day. On hips and calves can brightly appear - red or blue vascular “asterisks“. When begins to the oseena - a winter season, one more appears a symptom, characteristic of diseases of veins. He is familiar to many women. You come to work in boots, change clothes, put on replaceable shoes, and by the end of day when you change clothes in boots again, notice that they or press, or are not clasped at all. It is a sign that in legs the blue blood stands and there is a felt hypostasis“.It is important
Diagnosis of a varicosity
If at you are at least one of the listed symptoms is a powerful argument to visit the phlebologist. The doctor will examine legs and will conduct in case of need a number of researches.
- Doppler sonography. One of the most modern high-informative methods. Procedure is completely safe for the patient. Its purpose - an assessment of speed of a blood-groove, passability of vessels and a condition of their valves.
- Duplex scanning. It is a noninvasive method of diagnostics which combines doppler sonography and scannings in real time. It gives the chance to the doctor to see a vessel and to give a blood-groove assessment in it. Flebomanometriya`s
- . This method allows to measure pressure in vessels and on the basis of these indicators to judge operation of the valvate device. Pletizmografiya`s
- . During this procedure extent of filling by blood of various sites of the venous course is measured in rest and at loading.
- Laboratory researches. The doctor will surely take the analysis on coagulability of blood. It is extremely important as patients with varicosity are subject to formation of blood clots.
“A disease of veins to cure
rather difficult, - Vadim Bogachyov explains. - More simply or to prevent this illness at early stages, or to control it further and not to allow to progress. If the disease arose, then can achieve absolute recovery at best only
of 15 - 20% patients. But you should not lower hands“.
At varicosity sore veins stretch, and blood in them stands. If the disease got a serious current, then the injured veins need to be deleted to facilitate blood circulation and to prevent emergence of new varicose veins. In an arsenal of doctors today set of methods of fight against varicosity. On the operating table of people lays down only in the most started cases. If an illness so far only at the initial stage, the phlebologist applies low-invasive, that is almost bloodless techniques to removal of the damaged vessel.
- Sclerotherapy. It is the main non-invasive method of treatment of a varicose illness. In a vein by means of a needle the special drug which as though sticks together walls of the damaged vessel and in a week the vein itself resolves is injected - that is is removed without operation.
- Laser. It is one more method of non-invasive treatment. Through a tiny section in a gleam of a vein the light guide which is connected to the laser device is located. Laser radiation burns an internal venous wall, walls of a vessel stick to each other and it resolves.
- Change a pose everyone half an hour.
- Take an aspirin pill before flight. It helps to prevent formation of blood clots.
- during flight drink more liquid, avoid some alcoholic beverages.
- Travel in compression jersey.
carrying compression jersey will help to Stop development of an illness. Besides, thus it is possible to avoid complications of varicosity - thromboses and thrombophlebitis. At the expense of a compression the gleam of sore veins is narrowed, raises blood-groove speed, developments of stagnation decrease. It interferes with a condensation of blood and emergence of blood clots.
I one more recommendation: people who have a varicosity or tendency to it should not abuse suntan, the heat affects veins is destructive. Besides, at venous insufficiency you should not visit a bath, a sauna and to spend much time in a heat bath.