What is a distimiya?of Distimiya are a so-called chronic subdepression, that is the mental disorder very similar to a depression, but which that is not. As if a depression in a little facilitated form.
we Will agree at once that here I mean by “depression“ clinical depression (big depressive frustration), but not just bad mood which in life is often called a depression too.
Most often the distimiya begins at young age therefore quite often occurs so that the person receives the diagnosis later twenty - thirty years after an onset of the illness as he got used to consider them as just not really pleasant lines of the character which are not deserving attention of doctors.
Symptoms of a distimiya are:
1. Problems with appetite (are excessively lowered or raised).
2. Problems with a dream (constant drowsiness or sleeplessness).
3. Constant feeling of fatigue and decrease in working capacity.
4. The lowered self-assessment (feeling of own inferiority in comparison with surrounding people).
5. Problems with concentration of attention (inability to keep the attention on one object, an easy otvlekayemost, frequent losses of things, forgetfulness - “in one ear flew, took off for another“).
6. Sense of hopelessness and a pessimistic view on life.
7. Angedoniya - inability to derive pleasure from something.
8. Disforiya - gloomy irritability with constant background feeling of hostility to people around, it is frequent in combination with sensitivity and a causticity.
It is worth bringing up a question of the diagnosis of a distimiya when at least two symptoms from this list are observed at the person more than two years (without stopping more than for few months in a row) and bring notable negative consequences in spheres of life, important for it: problems at work, low progress on study, difficulty in communication and so on. If it is about the child or the teenager, then “it is worth sounding the alarm“ already in case symptoms are shown within a year, but not two years, as at adults.
What at earlier age the distimiya began, the more usually is present the symptoms characteristic of it. At the same time needs to be excluded surely :
1. Alcoholism and the use of drugs as they can cause similar symptoms too.
2. Bipolar affective disorder and a tsiklotimiya - in case the periods of the resistant distinctly lowered mood with a noticeable regularity are replaced by the resistant increased mood.
3. Schizophrenia and crazy frustration as many depressive symptoms can be banal are provoked by the content of nonsense.
Most often the distimiya develops on two types - somatizirovanny and characterologic. In the first case of people suffers not from psychological symptoms of a distimiya more often, and from the general feeling sick and somatic symptoms - problems with appetite, a dream, an adynamy, tearfulness, short wind, locks against the general sad mood that causes fears for the health and tendency excessively to listen to the physical feelings. In the second case somatic symptoms are less shown and the person suffers more often from an angedoniya, melancholy, is inclined to reflect on the hopelessness and senselessness of life, is in a condition of a disforiya.
Unfortunately, often after several years of a distimiya more pronounced depressions are added to it. It is also necessary to consider that at 3/4 suffering from a distimiya usually there is still any chronic disease or a mental disorder therefore at emergence of symptoms of a distimiya it is worth paying attention to a condition of the physical health.
It is considered that the distimiya is widespread approximately among 4,5 - 5% of people. Apply to its treatment kognitivno - behavioural psychotherapy which is focused on elimination of dysfunctional beliefs and incorrect mental sets at the person, and also psychopharmacotherapy - tritsiklichesky antidepressants and selective inhibitors of the return capture of serotonin.
An important point is timely statement of the diagnosis as the situation puskaniye on drift in this case often significantly reduces quality of human life.