Rules of orthoepy or How to improve understanding?
Even the one who never heard this interesting word earlier can easily guess that it means, very similar word “spelling“ is familiar to us since school years. The word “orthoepy“ comes from the Greek orthos (direct, correct) and epos (speech) and “the correct speech“ means.
Observance of the general traffic regulations is not discussed, their violation is deadly. Rules of spelling are violated often, and it threatens only with misunderstanding from society. About rules of a pronunciation many do not even suspect, but believe, their violation can fatally terminate too!
Deviations from the standard norms prevent language communication, distract the listener from the sense said and disturb understanding. The public speech is obliged to meet orthoepic standards of a pronunciation of the Russian literary language. Only in that case when the speaker owns the correct speech, it can transfer richness of language on which Pushkin, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky created. The huge role in preservation of a model literary pronunciation belongs to the Moscow Art academic theater of M. Gorky and Maly academic Theatre.
Russian-speaking people from different areas often speak on local dialects and dialects. There are “okayushchy“ and “akayushchy“ dialects. In the household speech the sounds urged to be long are shortened, but those which should “drop out“ are said, but not to be said as it is written. And if to remember slang words, muffled diction, a proglatyvaniye of sounds - the picture appears sad!
In the Moscow region and the central regions of Russia “akat“ moderately. This moderate “akanye“ also became a norm of the Russian literary pronunciation, a sign of the standard of speech. The orthoepy covers the following sections:
- norms of a pronunciation of separate sounds and their combinations;
- intonatsionno - a melodic system.
However, it is impossible to dismiss distinctness and clearness, especially public speech.
There are several orthoepic rules. I hope that at least you observe some of them:
1. In some combinations of several concordants one of them drops out: hello - hello, heart - heart, the sun - the sun.
2. In the words “if“, “near“, “ambassador“, “unless“ sounds [S] and [Z] are softened and said “if“, to “vozla“, “later“, to “razva“.
3. Sonants of B, In, D, Zh, 3 at the end of the word sound as pair to them deafs of P, F, K, T, Sh, S. For example: a forehead - lo [p], blood - kro [f`], an eye - a gla [s], ice - lyo [t], a fright - to an isp [k] (the sign `designates softness of concordant).
4. Combinations of SCh and ZCh are said as a long soft sound [Shch`]: happiness - a shchyastya, the account - the account, the customer - a zakashchik.
5. The combinations of ZZh and LJ which are in a word root are said as a long (double) soft sound. For example: I leave - uyezhzhyayu, I come - priyezhzhyayu, later - a pozhzha, reins - vozhzh, jingles - drebezhzhit. The word “rain“ is pronounced with long soft [Sh] (ShSh) or with long soft [Zh] (ZhZh) before ZhD combination: doshsh, dozhzhya, dozhzhichek, dozhzhit, dozhzhyom, dozhzhevik.
6. If the unaccented sound [O] costs at the beginning of the word, then it is said always as [And]. For example, about [and] kno, about [and] on, about [a] t, about [and] very much, about [a] laziness.
7. The combination of sounds of the HARDWARE as a part of a returnable particle of TSYa (TSYa) in verbs is said as a sound [C]. For example: to put on - odevayets, to be afraid - are afraid, learns to study, to be improved - sovershenstvovayets.
Rules and laws of the Russian literary orthoepy there is a lot of, and to master the correct speech, there is a sense to take an interest in the corresponding literature and other types of information.