Stand who floats? Dangers on the beach and in water
Here also there came the summer. Water in reservoirs got warm at last up to such temperatures that not only fearless walruses, but also all normal people are already ready to bathe. Both children, and adults rejoice to arrival of a swimming season (which, by the way, officially opens on June 1). However excessive carelessness on the beach can lead
both to small troubles, and to serious problems and even to end very sadly. It is confirmed by statistical data according to which the majority of accidents during rest happens on water.
What can occur?
1. It is possible to step on glass. Especially it concerns wild beaches where the bottom is not examined before a season, but can happen also on civilized municipal beaches.
2. Dirty water at its casual swallowing can become a source of pathogenic infections and cause dysentery, intestinal flu, viral hepatitis A, a tulyaremiya (it is transferred from rodents, including water rats), a pediculosis... To get infections of skin, ears or mucous membranes it is possible and without swallowing of water.
The increased danger is represented by reservoirs with landlocked water, especially those which are marked with the plate “It is forbidden to bathe“. Especially attentively it is necessary to approach the choice of the place for bathing to pregnant women as they it is more, than others, are subject to any attack of microbes. It is possible to catch some types of a fungus through sand or plank beds on which there was a sick person before.
3. It is dangerous to float near a dam and furthermore to jump from it.
4. Many accidents on water happen to participation of water vehicles, especially that which approach the coast on a short distance - for example, scooters and small boats which can not notice and run over the bather. Vessels can tighten the swimmer more under a bottom or screws therefore it is not necessary to swim away for anchor buoys in a navigable zone.
5. Bathing in the river, it is necessary to consider a current. If to underestimate its force, it will appear difficult business to get out to the coast. It is necessary to be afraid also of whirlpools and marshy sites. At the sea the undercurrent, invisible on a surface, meets, to cope I with which (especially to the child), too happens hardly. You should not underestimate also sea waves which not only drag away the bather on depth, but also can hit him in reefs.
By the way, in sea water which in respect of existence of microbes purer, than fresh, traps us other trouble - jellyfishes who not only are rather nasty but also can burn skin, and also sea hedgehogs with sharp prickles. Dangers of the exotic seas - separate history.
6. Before jumping in water, it is necessary to study a bottom. A large number of injuries and deaths come from them at jumps in unfamiliar reservoirs.
7. Diving into the sea with a mask and a tube, it is not necessary to swim away in underwater tunnels and caves as it is possible not to calculate amount of air in lungs, and it just will not be enough for emersion for a surface.
8. Danger of a spasm traps even in warm water. If near at hand there is no pin, it is possible to try to pound the cramped extremity.
9. Having lain down on the sun, it is impossible to come sharply into water at all, it can cause heart attack and a heart attack. However, long pastime on the sun is undesirable too as leads to a sunstroke and burns. In the period of time between 11:00 and 16:00 it is contraindicated to sunbathe in general. Besides, it is worth to remember about a headdress and sunblock cream, especially it concerns children. Swimming after food, perhaps, is not so much life-threatening how many it is uncomfortable from - for weights in a stomach.
10. To swim away on a rubber ring or a mattress it is far from the coast, without being able to float, - a big mistake as similar swimming means are not too reliable and can unexpectedly let out the air.
11. To float in port, even small, both in sea, and in river - not the best idea. Without speaking even about obvious danger to be injured, it is enough to think of a condition of water in port where the ships refuel and cleaned, and some unfair shipowners lower directly overboard contents of onboard toilets (of course, it is forbidden and it is fined, but it does not stop not all).
Probably, it is excessive to say that it is absolutely forbidden to come into drunk water (many forget about it). And finally it should be added that one of the main sources of pollution of water are ourselves therefore do not leave garbage ashore, do not throw it into water, do not celebrate need in reservoirs and teach it the children!