What features of work of the social teacher with exceptional children?
Each child is unique, but at all individual originality of real manifestations of children`s endowments there are very many lines characteristic of most of exceptional children. And, along with deep, hidden from a nonprofessional look, there are a lot of such which are often shown in behavior of the child, in his communication with peers and adults and, of course, in cognitive activity. The knowledge of these features is necessary for adequate creation of educational process.
Improvement of the modern general education assumes the special content of work of educational institutions on early identification, maintenance and development of exceptional children. Relevance of practical work of experts with exceptional children is explained by need of formation of creative potential of the younger generation, professional elite of the country.
on the basis of endowments get children with an independent way of thinking To a risk zone, different from the peers in the ways of cogitative activity, outstanding art data and sporting achievements, and also those children who show lines of leader behavior.
It is also necessary to note that the last have along with socially - leader and other special types of endowments (for example, intellectual), it is possible therefore they also receive high authority at peers and teachers.
the Problem of exceptional children, their features were considered by domestic and foreign scientists, such as: N. S. Leytes, A. M. Matyushkin, B. Claus, J. Renzulli, S. Reese, Zh. Sh. Teransye, D. B. Bogoyavlenskaya, V. D. Shadrikova, E. S. Belova, V. S. Yurkevich, etc.
Problem: this category of children has resistant motivation to educational activity, their academic progress decreases to a minimum, there is a school disadaptation that brings the child into a zone, and then and into risk group. Most often exceptional children acquire the status of pedagogically started children as not all comprehensive schools use the target comprehensive programs accompanying training and development of exceptional children or are limited to use uchebno - methodical material or at all these target comprehensive programs exist only on paper and are not realized in practice.
The classification of types of endowments developed by domestic psychologists is of interest:
1. The general endowments (concerning all parties of mental life of the child).
2. The special endowments (which are shown in any special activity).
3. Actual endowments (indicators of the success which is already available).
4. The potential or hidden endowments (indicators of a possibility of realization of certain abilities at observance of certain conditions).
Special endowments in turn have several characteristic types:
Academically gifted and intelligently gifted;
Is sports also physically gifted;
Creatively and artly gifted.
Exceptional children differ from other children in the special perception of surrounding reality, speed of the cogitative operations, brightness, the independent way of thinking, inability to accurately part reality and the imagination, the exaggerated fears and another.
To the teacher is important to consider some features in work with exceptional children:
- Creation of optimum conditions for development of exceptional children;
- Various forms of work with exceptional children;
- Cooperation in educational activity;
- Independent activity of pupils.
One of the major features during the work with exceptional children - creation of conditions, stimulating development of creative thinking.
For this purpose it is necessary to plan work on the directions:
1. Creation of system of identification of exceptional children:
- the psychologist - pedagogical research of first graders;
- system supervision over children from a class in a class,
- identification of children for more in-depth individual studies,
- system diagnosing by the psychologist.
2. Organization of educational process:
- non-standard lessons,
- inclusion of children in research activity, independent search of truth,
- work with additional literature,
- considering and reflection, the statement of the opinion, non-standard tasks,
- preprofile and profile training,
- an exhibition of creative works
3. Development of creative abilities of pupils by means of interrelation of lessons with out-of-class work on the subject
- the organization of research work of pupils,
- the advancing tasks of the creative plan,
- participation of children in the Olympic Games, conferences, competitions,
- providing basic additional education:
(the organization of open classrooms, elective courses, work of subject circles),
- carrying out scientifically - practical conferences in elementary, middle and senior grades,
4. The all-developing actions
- traditional actions at
school - subject decades.
Besides all this it is possible to allocate the main forms of work with exceptional children:
1. Creative workshops;
2. Group classes in parallels of classes with strong pupils;
3. Open classrooms;
4. Circles on interests;
5. Occupations by research activity;
7. Intellectual marathon;
8. Scientifically - practical conferences;
9. Participation in the Olympic Games;
10. Work on individual plans.
Thus, it is possible to claim safely that this subject is very difficult and now activity in this sphere is carried out not up to standard. Especially as work with exceptional children in educational institutions, is carried out at best for a tick. Psychologists, class teachers, social teachers prefer and put priority activity on difficult children and teenagers, and that exceptional children are in a zone of risk and without the timely help and support of adults (parents, the psychologist, the social teacher, etc.) pass from it into risk group for some reason forget.
Especially this case is widespread in rural and settlement schools where there is not enough qualified personnel, or such rate as the social teacher, is not allocated yet.
Thanks for attention!