What is short-term positive psychotherapy?
“Each patient knows the solution of the problem even in that case when it seems to it that he does not know“. (M. Eriksson) the Short-term positive psychotherapy more often is called the therapy focused on the decision. Such therapy really is short - the advisory course averages three - four occupations that does not exclude also permission of a problem situation of the client for one meeting.
Psychotherapists of this direction welcome desire of the client to work most intensively at the minimum time expenditure. Positivity of psychotherapy follows from the principles which are been its basis. Such principles it is possible to allocate three:
1. Advisory, therapeutic work is conducted with a support only on positive in the client`s life, only on experience which is resource for the client. Search of resources of the client can be conducted anywhere: in its past ( As you coped with something similar in the past? ); in the present ( As now to you is possible to reduce the available tension at least temporarily? Whether there are now such moments when you distract from thoughts of these unpleasant things? Thanks to what it occurs? ); in the future ( what Finding of knowledge or ability can help you to cope with it more effectively? ); in the immediate environment (you know how your relatives cope with something similar? ).
2. The psychotherapist uses only a positive reinforcement in the work with the client and his relatives.
3. General positivistic approach in philosophical sense.
Such approach to therapy can look one-sided and create feeling of “pink illusiveness“ at the client, however such therapeutic influence allows to rock a pendulum of gloomy, negative perception of the client in other, positive side.
For descriptive reasons we will consider several most demanded, often used the technician in short-term positive psychotherapy.
1. Imaginations about the future. It is the technique of positive programming of the future consisting of three steps, the technique is based on the subjective concept of health physical and psychological.
First step. When you plan to recover? When the available problem can be resolved? These questions are directed to establishment of an intuitive internal limit for an uncomfortable situation, to understanding that the discomfort konechen that the client knows about it, can assume.
Step of the second. What can help it? What actions or acts could promote confirmation of the forecast? Dream up: we meet through time period which you called in the first point, at you everything is all right, I ask you: what helped you, tell, please? What will you answer what you will tell about? Remarkably. The answer to these questions helps the client to concentrate on search and inventory of own resources: and what else could help who else could give you help? Repeated questions help to expand a range of possible actions which will conduct to the required result.
Step the third. How you can thank those who helped you? What can you make for them, tell them? What can be made for these remarkable people ready to come to the rescue of you right now? Start of the program of thanks induces the client to begin to move in the advance payment to the solution of the problem immediately.
2. Problem as decision . Within this reception extraction of a lesson from the available situation, consideration of a problem situation from the positive point of view in the context of training is supposed: what new knowledge of yourself and people around you received, thanks to the fact that you fell into such state? What did this situation teach you to?
3. New positive name . When using this reception the client is offered to perenazvat the problem, to think up it what good name that to appeal to it during conversation. The “good“ name changes the emotional relation to the events, brings new semantic shades in perception of a situation.
These receptions help the client to create a new view on the situation, on the available problem, to refuse confrontation with it thanks to what to find the optimal constructive solution.
Thus, the short-term positive psychotherapy is a fast effective and comfortable way of permission of problem situations.