How to distinguish and neutralize the network troll? You know
where there live trolls? “Under the bridge“, - earlier quite so I would answer this question. But today these harmful beings from the Scandinavian fairy tales got over in the World Wide web. Having flooded various forums and communities, modern trolls remain are faithful to precepts of the mythological fellows. They create hostility, kindle holivara and enrage respectable users...
So what they, these troublemakers why they do it and, the main thing how to fight with them? Give one after another … Be caught by
, the small fish …
In translation from English “trolling“ is a fishing on a spinner. And on a slang of participants the Internet - communities trolling is called placement of any information provoking the senseless conflicts. And the task of the troll is obvious - to catch on a hook - “provocation“ as much as possible “small fishes“ - users. “All for the sake of lulz“ - the motto of the troll. Lulza, if you do not know, are tricks, sources of fun and good mood.
The modern troll is many-sided and cunning. Not always it can be distinguished in crowd of users at once. But there are types which it is possible to calculate on certain signs. The brightest we now will also consider …
“And whether there was a macho?“, or Entertaining typology of trollsIf on Network open spaces you met by
an individual who by hook or by crook tries to draw attention to himself, know - perhaps, it is the troll - the egocentric . Deliberately naive questions, obviously wrong comments, advertizing of a forum - the competitor, provocative statements - the incomplete list of means of “catching“ of lulz. Usually at the end of dispute the egocentric plays innocence and offense.
The hero - the lover catches lulza from consecutive flirtation with a female half of group. Here the troll beats from time immemorial patient - desire to be only. Such tactics provokes the competition among ladies, and also imitation “hero“ a man`s half of group. And as a result - all are absorbed by flirtation, the group does not carry out the main objective.
In the Network you can sometimes meet the user who strikes with frank nonsense. Get acquainted - it is the idiot . Its purpose - to observe reaction of people. And reaction can be different: from attempts to set on the right path before frank mockery and attempts to stand out mind against “idiot“.
The troll - the gossip specializes in distribution of slander or rumors about any event or the person. Usually refers to the reference to a nonexistent resource similar in subject, however, as the proof.
One more popular type is the boor . Usually chooses to himself the victim with unstable mentality and insults begins to enrage it. Often for support “boor“ has several supporters.
Tactics of the debater , other representative of trolls, - to start dispute on tastes and addictions. Then “debater“ takes the most unpopular position and begins to argue with the majority. Here “catch“ directly depends on possession of the troll of a dispute subject.
Some trolls like to play on human curiosity, giving themselves for celebrity . Most often most of users starts checking the facts and to argue on authenticity of “star“.
Interesting option - the troll - the schizophrenic . In group two accounts with opposite opinions are created. Then the troll starts dispute with himself, its purpose - to find adherents on both sides among users of group and to provoke holivar.
Envy - a mortal sin and extensive field of activity for troll - the successful person . The scheme is simple: the image of the person who reached unknown heights, and in any sphere of life is created. Undoubtedly, there will be users wishing to put to the place of the impudent person. Someone will prove that the troll lies. Others - that he is not so successful as he considers. The third - to throw at the troll mud simply from understanding of that fact that to them it is far to its level.
Actually, it is extremely difficult to make the complete list of types of trolls. As well as to understand motives of their activity. But I all - will try … As I already noted
Why they do it
, the main goal of the troll is a catching of lulz. However there are also other reasons leading the user to trolling:
• Experiment . Communication on the Internet mean a certain anonymity which allows to check borders of human patience. But it is worth remembering that impunity in the Network is illusory, and gross violations of rules of conduct can lead to serious consequences.
• Hostility expression . Trolling allows to express anonymously the position alien to any point of view or group.
• Check of work of moderators . Trolling gives the chance to watch reaction to violations of those who are urged to keep order.
• Sadism . Some just derive pleasure from personal attacks. It is a clinical case and a subject absolutely for other article.
“to Troll“ the troll - mission is impracticable?
If motives of the troll not always give in to a reasonable explanation, then with options of reaction to them everything is much simpler. There are only three ways of interaction with the troll:
1. To set the troll on the right path. A priori failure option. I troll the answer will distract discussion from a subject, will discompose observers and will provide the troll with attention for which he also strives.
2. To ignore the troll. the Most reliable option. “You do not feed the troll“ - such slogan is at many forums not casually. Ignoring, you deprive of the troll of attention and “food“ that nullifies sense of its existence.
3. “To troll“ the troll . Very risky option, besides demanding an investment of forces and time. If for you essentially to revenge the troll, and you consider that you game is worth the candle, can try. Here several general councils for persons interested to enter fight with the troll:
• Always to be on the alert.
• To be able to adapt to changes of a situation quickly.
• To be stubborn.
• To be attentive to details.
However all these qualities do not guarantee a victory. Hunting the troll, you risk to fall to his level, and there it will crush any the experience.