What to do with things which are not necessary to us?
at the time of youth of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers to things made thrifty use and used them long. At zealous owners household items served several generations. And each marriageable maiden surely had a chest with good: the embroidered linen, dresses, suits, skirts, blouses. The best and elegant was put on on holidays. The clothes which became to small were transferred younger.
Today when the fashion is so changeable, and new brands are untwisted promptly, things are updated more often. Clothes and household items which used yesterday acquire the status “old“, despite of service life.
However the things which are written off in “archive“ as superfluous can be still quite useful to us or other owners.
20 ways by means of which it is possible “to attach“ things (from clothes and footwear to household items) are known to me if they ceased to use them.
1. To sell. To advertize on the websites of the Internet and in local newspapers and to wait when there are new owners for your things.
2. To hand over in commission shop. By the way, the range of “consignment shops“ is very wide: from footwear and clothes to household items and art.
3. To offer gratuitously neighbors, fellow workers. And those, in turn, can offer the relatives. So at your things the circle of potential owners will extend. And if nearby a large family, then children`s things to offer them - just right. Free of charge, of course.
4. To give to wear to younger brothers and sisters. Families on the prosperity happen different therefore we do not exclude also a traditional way of transfer of children`s things from seniors - younger.
5. Things to reconsider, wash, iron, to put accurately, having packed into packages and to carry in orphanage or boarding school. Besides clothes and footwear it can be children`s books, sets for drawing, toys, disks with songs for children, fairy tales, animated films.
6. One more way to exempt space from excess things practically at once - to give to fire victims or victims of natural disasters. They will help out the people who got to trouble.
7. To hand over old household appliances in repair shops. Sometimes take for a small payment.
8. To bring excess furniture to the dacha where it will serve many years.
9. To give old furniture on a banner or restoration to masters. Money, of course, should be invested, but at furniture which there is no wish to leave, new life in your house will begin.
10. To use the top fur clothes as material for production of covers on car seats. From an old sheepskin coat the natural, warm cover turns out.
11. Old coats and jackets will be suitable for an outdoor recreation, for hunting and fishing.
12. The knitted things which got out of fashion to try to dismiss and connect a jacket of a fashionable style.
13. To sew from old things clothes for pets: dogs and cats.
14. To make of an old thing new, fashionable: to alter one of two things, it is possible to make two of one.
15. To sew a scrappy blanket from unnecessary warm things or to connect rugs.
16. To make suits for private theatricals or the next family holiday. As well as any creativity, demands time and the imagination. But these expenses will pay off smiles and gratitude of the family and friends.
17. To carry out house auction (in a comic form), having invited to sale of things which will go “from the hammer“, relatives and friends. To present each thing, having told as it was got and what it mattered for your family. Instead of the real money - the drawn coupons with the impressive sums.
18. To donate the local museum. If your things have historical and cultural value for the city, then the museum with pleasure of their signs on eternal use.
19. To organize fashion show. If a lot of clothes 20 - 30 - summer prescription remained, and even is more senior, it is possible to organize fashion show of last years by forces of children and grandsons. Such surprise on family celebration will be especially pleasant to grandmothers and grandfathers. And if to photograph all “models“ or to film with the camera, then old things forever will remain in your family archive.
20. To leave everything as it is. It happens: only you will get rid, apparently, of an unnecessary thing, through some time it can urgently be necessary. It in case we doubt, is useful or not.
I think, on it the list is not settled. In each family for certain there are examples of extension of life to old things.